Hot Toys Alien Covenant Xenomorph Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's no closer to the ''Big Chap'' than the Dog Alien so no one should be satisfied owning one of these if what they really want is the '79 Alien.

Anyway, as regards this announcement...what DiFabio said.

Don't care.

1. They never made good on Prometheus for the Prometheus fans that wanted them
2. They've handled their one, lone Ripley doll like a piece of dog ****
3. Their Xenomorph figures suck rubber balls
4. Covenant is gonna be lame

Make the colonial Marines and/or the nostromo crew or GTFO.

I agree with all of the above except for #4, I think it's going to be good, not great, but good and very far from lame.

It's no closer to the ''Big Chap'' than the Dog Alien so no one should be satisfied owning one of these if what they really want is the '79 Alien.

Anyway, as regards this announcement...what DiFabio said.

This Covenant Alien is like the Genisys Endo. Hot Toys is ****ing around with a modern classic T1/T2 Endo (or in this case a Big Chap) so people decide to settle for the goofy looking Genisys one. I say accept no substitutes.

It doesn't matter how good a current blockbuster flick is, they're merely trends that fall off the radar after a couple of months (or more recently, mere weeks). Instead of following the modern releases, I wish they'd just focus on the classics. Don't bother with the Covenant license, instead go deep into Alien/Aliens. Don't make a lame Old Arnold and horse faced Endo from a dying, stale franchise, take the small window of opportunity and license relevance to make more classics from Terminator/T2.

I liked how Robocop was handled. Hot Toys didn't **** around with the Robocop reboot nonsense from 2014 or whenever. Instead, they went back to the original and remade the classic version, ED-209 and the Battle Damaged 2-pack.

This Covenant Alien is like the Genisys Endo. Hot Toys is ****ing around with a modern classic T1/T2 Endo (or in this case a Big Chap) so people decide to settle for the goofy looking Genisys one. I say accept no substitutes.

It doesn't matter how good a current blockbuster flick is, they're merely trends that fall off the radar after a couple of months (or more recently, mere weeks). Instead of following the modern releases, I wish they'd just focus on the classics. Don't bother with the Covenant license, instead go deep into Alien/Aliens. Don't make a lame Old Arnold and horse faced Endo from a dying, stale franchise, take the small window of opportunity and license relevance to make more classics from Terminator/T2.

I liked how Robocop was handled. Hot Toys didn't **** around with the Robocop reboot nonsense from 2014 or whenever. Instead, they went back to the original and remade the classic version, ED-209 and the Battle Damaged 2-pack.

Can I just say how much i agree with the above post. What I'd love to see done and done right is all the classic characters and xenomorphs from the aliens franchises. Bishop, the colonial marines 2.0, ripley from 1979 and 1986 with the power loader, The Queen alien. Hell i'd even buy a Burke figure if they released it. I can say the same for the Terminator, Predator and other 80's licenses. I'd love to even say them go deeper into 80's franchises such as die hard and give us all the great figures we've always wanted to see. Hans Gruber and John McClane?? Oh yeah!

Last edited:
Either one of two things happen after next week. Either this micie comes out and completely kills the franchise, or, this movie comes out and breathes fresh air into Alien and every company in the world starts pumping out merchandise and maybe, just maybe, Hot toys will give us 2.0's of every figure from the franchise and then some. I'm hoping for the second option.

Psh with star Wars and iron man coming out with new movies soon we will be lucky to see a teaser.

Probably Covenant comes out and does okay. Periodically companies make merch based on the franchise. Grilled cheese still tasty.

I'm going to watch Covenant tonight.

From the pics I've seen so far, the Neomorph design looks pretty cool. There is a chance they would make that. This is coming from a company that made "ALIEN GIRL"

In HBO 1st look, Ridley said -- and I quote "This will scare the **** out of you". So I will see it in IMAX and not believe him until I see it on the really big screen. He also said the xeno's in Covenant, and they showed him going over those images used for the design, were based on the original ALIEN design used in that picture. The digital xeno's look skinnier in the short clips I saw but my hope is that the Covenant figure may and could become my BC 2.0, even if it's close enough. We'll see...

Last edited:
I don't think it's in IMAX, is it? I'm going next Thursday and there was no option for it.

Back