Hot Toys Alien Covenant Xenomorph Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of me wants to get excited for this, but given how Hot Toys has treated Alien fans in the past few years, I'm not optimistic. Heck, their Prometheus teaser showed more than this, and we all know how that turned out. I would buy a Covenant xenomorph and David figure (assuming they turned out well), but I have no faith in Hot Toys making anything that isn't Star Wars or Marvel.

You think Covenant is going to have human characters you like enough to spend $250 on? Unless you are trying to complete your Kenny Powers dawl.

David would be the only one I'd want. I for sure would not want Daniels as I cannot stand Katherine Waterston. But since neither will ever be made I guess it's not a concern!

Part of me wants to get excited for this, but given how Hot Toys has treated Alien fans in the past few years, I'm not optimistic. Heck, their Prometheus teaser showed more than this, and we all know how that turned out. I would buy a Covenant xenomorph and David figure (assuming they turned out well), but I have no faith in Hot Toys making anything that isn't Star Wars or Marvel.

My sentiments exactly. :exactly:

I'm not sure why HT would bother with this film. Have any of the other "nu" films of this type--Predators, Terminator: Genysis--led to the kinds of sales that would justify it? They released one of the more iconic aliens from any of the films not so long ago (the Aliens version), and it isn't exactly flying off the e-shelves. But they probably know something I don't. Chan is the one with the private jet, gold toilet, and harem of virgins probably, so I won't second guess him too strongly. He's gotten idiots like me to happily shell out $200+ for little plastic dolls.

I still remember this one. Specifically the 1/4 versions.

Hot_Toys_-_Predator_series_teaser.jpg

I know we're getting a Wolf 2.0 but how awesome would a 1/4 P1 be? :D

Probably won't happen sadly. Prometheus got the boot of shame. Maybe depends likely we may get a new Xeno but no humans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

We'll get a xenomorph, if anything, and that will be it.

Would have loved to get some space suited figures to compliment my Dallas and Kane figures...

Don't want a xenomorph from this film. Couldn't care less about it to be honest. Want to see the Colonial Marines redone and the Ripley figure and perhaps even the power loader released. Not that hot toys really cares what i or anyone else wants.

The xeno in this film was based on the original ALIEN design according to Ridley in the latest HBO making of piece that came out yesterday so it could be good.

Don't care.

1. They never made good on Prometheus for the Prometheus fans that wanted them
2. They've handled their one, lone Ripley doll like a piece of dog ****
3. Their Xenomorph figures suck rubber balls
4. Covenant is gonna be lame

Make the colonial Marines and/or the nostromo crew or GTFO.

Probably won't happen sadly. Prometheus got the boot of shame. Maybe depends likely we may get a new Xeno but no humans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Like many movies (i.e.. THE THING) that were overlooked during its time but considered a masterpiece many years later, always felt that "Prometheus" will be viewed as a masterpiece 25 years from now.

Like many movies (i.e.. THE THING) that were overlooked during its time but considered a masterpiece many years later, always felt that "Prometheus" will be viewed as a masterpiece 25 years from now.

It would have, had it not been for the loose ends, glaring plot holes and ridiculously unconvincing secondary characters.

That said, I still watched it too many times. As I will with Covenant. And I'm looking forward to another Xenomorph figure (when and IF it gets released).

I really want an Alien figure but the rubber parts make me nervous to drop that kind of coin if it's just going to deteriorate. It's pretty much the only thing that's deterred me from picking one up in the past. With all the lines and crevices that a xenomorph body has, I'd think they'd be able to hide a lot of articulation and not really need all the rubber. If this is another Alien covered in rubber, hindering articulation, I'll pass. I like Prometheus and I can't wait to see Covenant though.

If this is very similar to Big Chap from the original film then it might be my best chance to get a Xeno from Alien. Who knows when this might be released though, maybe never. :exactly:

Back