Hot Toys: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, AVP and AVP-R Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharing my Dog Alien photos. :wink1:

8365412309_b01628c8ba_z.jpg

8363943885_1931091b39_z.jpg

I wish HT annonces an Alien figure soon, I started collecting this year so I missed all the figures.. :gah:

I REALLY want a re release of the Dog Alien and a Drone, and I think its time for HT to make a good stand to display them something like this

alienWallReliefs_02.jpg

Me too. :thud: :medic

Thanks guys!

Here's another one.. this time it's the Predalien :)

8371634995_bbda1707c1_z.jpg

8372773138_3a153488e3_z.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man :hi5:

Here's a sharper one, but it does show off the fact I ain't no artist :rotfl

picture.php

So care to share any secrets to your technique?

Did you do a full blown skin-and-all-repaint? I am hoping (foolishly?) that one might just get some 2000 grit sand paper and be able to buff off his sideburns and mustache then be able to get away with just painting hair and eyebrows.

Is the face on the hot toys head painted flesh tone or molded plastic in that color?

So care to share any secrets to your technique?

Did you do a full blown skin-and-all-repaint? I am hoping (foolishly?) that one might just get some 2000 grit sand paper and be able to buff off his sideburns and mustache then be able to get away with just painting hair and eyebrows.

Is the face on the hot toys head painted flesh tone or molded plastic in that color?

Not really what I'd call technique, more blind luck. :lol. But here goes:

The head is molded in the flesh colour, all I actually did was paint the face a paler flesh tone, avoiding the eyes, the paint I used covered the 'tache and sideburns in one coat. Then I added darker tones to the creases of the face, and dry brushed the flesh areas about four times.

For the eyes I carefully painted over the brown of the iris with a pale blue mix (I tried to do two really thin concentric circles in the eyes one shade lighter than the other, but the outer darker circle doesn't really show up very well).

The hair and eyebrows are just a light brown wood colour, painted over then drybrushed with the same colour about six times. I got impatient towards the end and added a small amount of yellow and white to the brown paint and drybrushed the hair and eybrows a couple more times.

I didn't want to get into the painting of the entire body, so I chose a flesh tone for the head that kind of matched but was not as ridiculously orange as the original.

I'm pretty happy with the way it came out given my limited skills, it looks good in hand and in the right light, but under close scrutiny still looks a bit 'dolly'.

picture.php

Not sure about forum rules on name dropping brands etc. but if you want to know what type of paints I used and the colours etc. I'm more than happy to share. :peace

Back