Hot Toys: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, AVP and AVP-R Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would you be sorry? These guys shouldn't even be posting on your thread if they have nothing to add to it.
Good luck with your new Alien if you happen to get one!

Re: Hot Toys: 2007 "Aliens" Alien Warrior Questions Thread

Why would you be sorry? These guys shouldn't even be posting on your thread if they have nothing to add to it.
Good luck with your new Alien if you happen to get one!

Thanks buddy, ill see what happens with this Auction before i make my mind. Also is it true that the Repaint only really has problems with loose joints?

Does anybody remember where the tutorial on fixing the alien's knee was? I think remembering it was quite a good method and not too difficult... there might yet be use for the warrior alien.

Thanks buddy, ill see what happens with this Auction before i make my mind. Also is it true that the Repaint only really has problems with loose joints?

I think they both had problems, but the blue one was worse.
I looked for that repair tutorial too and couldn't find it either. Mine doesn't have the broken knees but id also like to know to fix the joint problem.

I think they both had problems, but the blue one was worse.
I looked for that repair tutorial too and couldn't find it either. Mine doesn't have the broken knees but id also like to know to fix the joint problem.

Yeah i heard that the Repaint only had problems with limbs falling off and loose joints, at least it does not have paint cracking. if i'm correct. :panic:

The paint on mine hasn't flaked/cracked yet but I rarely even touch the figure. I don't operate the jaw function either out of fear that the rubber will snap in two.

It's a beauty but like everyone says the fragile ankles are a killer. Luckily I've also the far superior AvP version propping him up and they look kick ass together :)

I'm just happy someone started a Hot toys Alien thread with some activity. The old threads are buried somewhere ....

My warrior is in transit now, I'm excited to get him :)

Does anybody remember where the tutorial on fixing the alien's knee was? I think remembering it was quite a good method and not too difficult... there might yet be use for the warrior alien.

I saw the knee fix last night. I'll try find it and post it up again.

First off, you should get yourself 2 spare wrist joints.
I bought a pair of Hot Toys Wolf Predator wrist joints for my repairs off EBAY.

Second, get a pack of "BiC"'s pencils.

Third, cut the ends the broken figure's ball joints.

DSC06627.jpg

Fourth, cut the ends off the pencils (remove the erasers first) and glue them over the ends of the ball joints. Make sure you measure the pencil pieces so the joint doesn't end up being too long.

DSC06623.jpg

DSC06630.jpg

You can do the same thing for the arm or leg.

DSC06628.jpg

Here's a pic of the type of pencil I was talking about earlier.

DSC06629.jpg

Before you glue the new joint to the figure, make sure you test fit it first, and put the rubber sleeve back on.

Hope this helps.

Original Post By FACEBOX

LMFAO, he had knee replacement surgery. Jesus. I hope I never have to do this, I would surely botch the operation.

First off, you should get yourself 2 spare wrist joints.
I bought a pair of Hot Toys Wolf Predator wrist joints for my repairs off EBAY.

Second, get a pack of "BiC"'s pencils.

Third, cut the ends the broken figure's ball joints.

DSC06627.jpg

Fourth, cut the ends off the pencils (remove the erasers first) and glue them over the ends of the ball joints. Make sure you measure the pencil pieces so the joint doesn't end up being too long.

DSC06623.jpg

DSC06630.jpg

You can do the same thing for the arm or leg.

DSC06628.jpg

Here's a pic of the type of pencil I was talking about earlier.

DSC06629.jpg

Before you glue the new joint to the figure, make sure you test fit it first, and put the rubber sleeve back on.

Hope this helps.

Original Post By FACEBOX

Awesome!
Thank you so much.

When I first got it, one of the knees broke pretty soon. I managed to get a replacement leg from HT. I put it in storage for a long time as it was difficult to exhibit it, weak ankles and all, but a couple of weeks ago I took it out and wanted to pose it... bad idea, the other knee (or maybe it's the same one, can't remember) broke. The ankles are pretty much useless, even after using the super bonder glue trick, and there's a bit of flaking on the paint.
It's really not a very good figure to be quite honest.
But, if the knee can be salvaged, then I'll do it. Beats having a broken piece of plastic and rubber... :D

When I first got it, one of the knees broke pretty soon. I managed to get a replacement leg from HT. I put it in storage for a long time as it was difficult to exhibit it, weak ankles and all, but a couple of weeks ago I took it out and wanted to pose it... bad idea, the other knee (or maybe it's the same one, can't remember) broke. The ankles are pretty much useless, even after using the super bonder glue trick, and there's a bit of flaking on the paint.
It's really not a very good figure to be quite honest.
But, if the knee can be salvaged, then I'll do it. Beats having a broken piece of plastic and rubber... :D

Jesus there are a lot of Problems with this figure, wish HT would just remake them. Also which version do you have?

Well guess what guys, I was outbid and looks like I'm going to be getting these. Hopefully I win this time lolz

LOL I was out bid on a dog alien , a lost predator and Hudson, all by one bid... beaten by $2.25. The beauty of ebay.

LOL I was out bid on a dog alien , a lost predator and Hudson, all by one bid... beaten by $2.25. The beauty of ebay.

Damn buddy, well hopefully i get this Mad ass "Aliens" Auction that comes with both Aliens Warriors and a Diorama Back drop. :)

Back