Hot Toys: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, AVP and AVP-R Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has always been my favourite Alien
cookie-monster-diet1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! :hi5:

After applying the gloss, I noticed the skin patterns pop out more.

Absolutely agree! :exactly:

Add the right lighting effect and it'll look like an actual studio prop/costume! You did very nice work.

And BTW, if you ever do dark studio poses, all you would need to add is a little slime to the jaws and presto! A realistic screenshot! Again, wonderful work! :hi5:

Thanks Viking Spawn, Centurion, Gage! :D

Curious to know what type of gloss you are using and where I can make the purchase. I need to do this with my Dog Alien as well. How much can you handle the figures after gloss has been applied?

I used mod podge gloss. I think you can get one from your local crafts store. After applying the gloss, you can handle the figure normally as you would just don't heavily rub your figures on the rubber. The gloss dries up perfectly like it's bonded with the rubber / plastic.

It's possible HT will revisit the films this year. Fox have reached out to various licensees for products, and HT did have an Alien in that 2014 calendar thing in January.

Back