Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's basically a statue, but it's a damn good looking hulk
Gonna display it like this

11002709_10152636535267344_1482986028473696072_o.jpg

I wonder if Hulk will be able to get into that grappling pose with the HB, the one we've seen in the promos. Perhaps that would've been a better alternate sculpt?

I wonder if Hulk will be able to get into that grappling pose with the HB, the one we've seen in the promos. Perhaps that would've been a better alternate sculpt?
Doesn't look like a diffucult pose at all for Hulk. All you do is raise one of his arm up and the other would be by his hip.

I'd be more worried about getting HB into that pose. Curious to see what kind of articulation that figure is even going to have.

54d3837002b5a-121502.jpg

Hate the pants and still dislike the seams but I guess that was all expected. I think it would have been cool to get some diorama wreckage like with the mark 43. Oh well, a nice figure at a decent price. I'm gonna stick with the first one though, and that mangled iron legion fig from the 43 is probably going into the hands of the hulk.

It's nice to see HT and SSC charging way lower than the first Hulk's price for the regular version seeing that it's like 80-90% a re-use, but they could have charged us $310 and included both heads, and people would buy it.

But then they need people to get the torso too, so just have the other sculpt put in that set.

The screaming mouth sculpt has the screaming SA Voldemort sculpt vibe. Not in a good way either.

That sculpt looks very strange in some photos - just like the custom head that was doing the rounds. Seems to look best when seen from above, which implies putting Hulk into a crouching stance.

The extra torso was a nice idea, but as a statue the joints for the arms make it look like one of those plug together Marvel Figure Factory figures.

And as for the stretchy pants...well it's already been said multiple times. First version still rules!

Hey now, that's no ordinary Iron Legion figure...... it's Ultron Mark 1. :monkey3

I stand corrected. I probably haven't looked at the 43 since I preordered it when it was released. Lots of complaints about the price but damn that base looks good!

I think that's the point. Otherwise they could make it seamless polystone. Honestly I don't think people are giving them enough credit for coming up with that. I remember with the old Hulk, people *****ed about the joints in the arm, and the rejoinder was "it's an articulated figure", and the response to that was "I'll take less articulation for no/less noticeable joints". HT has done that with this release... really it should please both camps. But no, you still have people *****ing that the tiny hair-line joints are too big and others that it's now "power pose" and not articulated. Ugh, this hobby, sometimes.

Love this one. I especially like that they've included the Hulk smash torso with no joint lines. Add to that two headsculpts and $375 USD... win win!

Not sure if someone used the term before me but I didn't use "power pose" as derogatory in any way :) Just seeing it as that. Personally, apart from wishing that both heads came with regular version, I don't crit HT for the second body -- at least they're not pushing it down collectors' throats by making it an optional "deluxe" version.

Doesn't look like a diffucult pose at all for Hulk. All you do is raise one of his arm up and the other would be by his hip.

I'd be more worried about getting HB into that pose. Curious to see what kind of articulation that figure is even going to have.

54d3837002b5a-121502.jpg

Yeah, it should be easy to replicate. Whether or not I'd want to leave him in that pose however...

I think that's the point. Otherwise they could make it seamless polystone. Honestly I don't think people are giving them enough credit for coming up with that. I remember with the old Hulk, people *****ed about the joints in the arm, and the rejoinder was "it's an articulated figure", and the response to that was "I'll take less articulation for no/less noticeable joints". HT has done that with this release... really it should please both camps. But no, you still have people *****ing that the tiny hair-line joints are too big and others that it's now "power pose" and not articulated. Ugh, this hobby, sometimes.

Preach, brother, preach! :clap

To dispel any confusion, I feel I should mention that... I think some folks have taken a liking to calling the second torso as a "power pose" option when initially, I believe someone was actually using it in a derogatory way very early in the thread. Not pointing any fingers here about that, but later on I did end up using it in a more positive way along with some other folks so I guess it just caught on after a while (both as something positive and as something negative).

I personally like it, when people complained about the old Hulk figure having little to no display options back then, you'd think that people would actually welcome the second torso with open arms since it offers a fairly clean yet dramatic-looking pose, and that's putting aside the fact that it's still an optional accessory from the deluxe set. No doubt that there's such a thing as constructive criticism, but sometimes people just love to find a way to complain about something.

I'm about to preorder the deluxe version but I was wondering first if you can purchase it directly from sideshow if you live in sweden? And in that case how mouch would shipping be about? Or is it better to boy it from like one sixth bruce?

Back