Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't know what they are following. Go back a few pages. Theres a couple screen grabs that are not blurry. The seam line..you may be right about that. But one is a drawing that doesn't take into account having to actually work, the other is a real world object. So if a seam has to be moved so be it. The color is the thing I was pointing out in my post, that you said was off. From the available reference material..the actual character from the actual footage not a sticker for a child's bedroom, the color matches better on hot toys then "all" those other toys.

yea because we know early trailer footage are always 100% locked and never changes :dunno and you keep bringing up children's stickers well yea it's gonna be on mugs and t-shirts doesn't change the fact it's the official design. There very well be two different pants design but the dark purple with the red trim seems like more definitive version so HT should've followed that.

yea because we know early trailer footage are always 100% locked and never changes :dunno and you keep bringing up children's stickers well yea it's gonna be on mugs and t-shirts doesn't change the fact it's the official design. There very well be two different pants design but the dark purple with the red trim seems like more definitive version so HT should've followed that.
The movie hasn't even come out so..... how do you know it's going to be the definitive version? :dunno

If you already have this figure why buy it? Pants, new head scupt...... no thanks!!!!

You can say that about just about every single figure.

You got me. Children's stickers and mugs. Forgot the all important mugs as reference over the actual film. My bad.

As for why I kept bringing it up, the stickers, is becuase that's the reference you where using. If I'm looking for "screen accuracy" then I prefer to use the stuff on screens, not mugs and folders and fathead children's room decorations. Yes those are "official"...but you know what else is? This hot toys figure is as official as any of that. Official just means approved by marvel. There's all kinds of promo art that's not even close to screen accurate.

I gotta pass on this Hulk also, With AoU Im just in for Cap, IM and Ultron. If Im limited to 1 Hulk Im sticking with the more iconic Avengers ripped shorts look.

Presumably Hot Toys was given official reference material to assist them with their figure design. This is pretty standard for companies producing merchandise. And it would stand to reason, to me, that the design HT would model would be a screen accurate look as opposed to a more stylized promotional image that isn't accurate to the screen shots we've seen thus far, though it's possible Hulk wears those other pants in another scene. And many HT collectors will want this to complement Hulk Buster, so it makes sense to go with that look for that reason, as well.

Yeah, so far just Cap for me, maybe Hawkeye and the new Black Widow as well and we'll see about the new 3. If I were getting an AoU Iron Man, i'd be saving up the big bucks for HB since I already have the 42. I wish I can sell my IP, 42, Mechanic and custom Tony figures....:slap

Just so u can see why I don't exactly think fathead stickers are gospel. This is the one for avengers 1 hulk. I don't think the pants are screen accurate on that one either. And here's the figure

image.jpg
image.jpg

So far for damn sure, I'm only getting Cap, Ultron Prime, Vision, Hawkeye, and if the Mark 45 and Ultimate Ultron are real, then those too.

I'm not at all a fan of the new Nat outfit since I think the WS outfit is a pretty much perfect representation of the comic book costume and just don't like all the extra stuff on her outfit.

Bringing this back in relation to the current discussion, just in case some folks might have missed it...

I mean I dunno guys, "blurry image" syndrome or not, it looks like HT really nailed the look of the pants compared to those artworks. The only thing that looks blatantly inaccurate so far is the fact that the pants look a bit on the short side when they should clearly stretch down over his knees, otherwise the pattern looks pretty spot-on.
11021398_10152636547997344_723009069078597791_o.jpg

ipXMt7q.jpg

XSwFdtS.jpg

CvJYYiH.jpg

So Sideshow will probably be around $300 for the standard version, and $400 for the deluxe set.

Yeah you're probably right..

Thank God I'm starting to lose interest in collecting hot toys. Maybe I'll just grab the new headsculpt later..

Meh, this is a pass for me, was hoping for the version with purple pants and Avengers logo which is what we've seen in all the promo art.

Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Hulk-Fathead.png

I actually like the Avengers Hulk better, the hair and pants on the AoU one don't work for me. I do like the extras in the deluxe and rolling eyes though.

Whether or not we're still getting those pants in the film, I actually prefer the new look over the red lines that were seen in the promos.

The reason the hair is so tall is because of the PERS system, just like in the last one. Anyone care to photoshop the new Hulk with a little off the top.

I always wondered why they gave the first one PERS. His eyes are so hard to see to begin with.

Back