Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
then I have to wonder why only HT is going for that when every other AOU related hulk merchandise is sporting this look

54d3837002b5a.jpg

also I think another issue is the thigh just looks like a big tube because HT was too lazy to add muscle definition on the thigh

I'm pleased with the first one. Think I'll pass on this one. Not digging the face sculpts or the pants. Glad for everyone that does like it though. If HT puts out another version later with Banner, tattered pants and a cool base or something I might be game.

I wonder what the going rate will be for an extra lower body and pants so I can get 2 figures out of this.

I know people are saying that the second torso is essentially a "statue" or renders this figure into a "Power Pose" one, but just imagine that in a leaping pose with a flight stand (if there's one that's big enough out there) as he's ready to smash down on a poor victim of your choice.

At the end of the day if AoU is the Avengers/Hulk movie to end all Avengers/Hulk movies then the Hulk as he appeared in the superior film will be the one to get, regardless of how shredded his pants were in the lesser movie. Can't have torn pants Hulk in a Hulkbuster diorama. That would just be silly.

At the end of the day if AoU is the Avengers/Hulk movie to end all Avengers/Hulk movies then the Hulk as he appeared in the superior film will be the one to get, regardless of how shredded his pants were in the lesser movie.
I don't collect comic movie figures with that in mind, but rather, what is the best available look for a given character? So, my Cap is Golden Age body with First Avenger sculpt, posed next to the Mark VII Iron Man with Hologram AI face plate, Thor 1 Thor with updated sleeves and modded helmet, Avengers Hulk, Wolvie: Origins Wolverine, and Amazing Spider-Man 2 Spidey. Some of those movies weren't the best, but I feel they are pretty close to the best versions of those figures available so far. Will probably add the new Hawkeye, as the coat is a move in the right direction. Could probably update Thor's body, but I'm not keen on having a non-helmeted Thor on display.

THOSE PANTS!!! WTF WERE THEY THINKING??? :slap I'm just mad because the headsculpt is a big improvement and the deluxe version is nice but ugh those damn pants...! I'm not whining because it's yoga pants it's the fact that they got the color and the design completely WRONG. Look at this marketing art here:

View attachment 168976

I don't know about you guys but as far as yoga pants go this looks far better than whatever the hell he's wearing in that prototype. Even hasbro got it right with their cheap $20 figures, HT drops the ball again on the most obvious things.

Maybe actually look at the screen grabs and watch the trailer. Your comparing them to a kids wall decoration. That's all about color. The screen grabs show a much more subdue color. Don't blame hot toys for a marvel design choice.

Maybe actually look at the screen grabs and watch the trailer. Your comparing them to a kids wall decoration. That's all about color. The screen grabs show a much more subdue color. Don't blame hot toys for a marvel design choice.
Judging by the trailer, I think HT actually got the pants spot-on while all the others got duped by the concept art...

i agree with the screen grabs bt still odd every other company have the exact same purple with red markings and the avengers logo on the sides. Maybe he wears 2 different pair in the film? We will all just have to wait and see

Back