Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Endgame Hulk has roots in the comics, but for me, that wasn’t Hulk, it was big green Banner, Ragnarok was the last MCU iteration I enjoyed. The skin on the Ultron Hulk is much better than the Avengers figure to me, so I’m very glad I was able to get the pants and have the best of both releases.

I keep waiting for this or the Ragnarok reissue, I hope they do at least.

I don't see Ragnarok getting one since it's so recent. I'm honestly shocked that HT didn't do a bunch of special 10 year reissues/redo's for the anniversary or do more than just the 2012 Captain America from Endgame's time traveling aspect. I thought we were going to be rife with reissues.

You would think they’d do a 2012 Hulk to make more off parts they already did work for, but probably don’t want it competing against the standard Endgame Hulk.

I agree that the Hulk with purple torn pants is much more reminiscent of how I remember Hulk from the comics. However, I choose to buy the Age of Ultron version because I thought the tights did a better job of obscuring the knee area of the figure (which I find very unappealing). That said, Hot Toys did an excellent job with Avengers, Age of Ultron, and Ragnarok versions of the Hulk. I can?t say the same for the most recent iteration though, IMO something is missing with the ?Professor Hulk? figure ...just does nothing for me

I know Endgame Hulk has roots in the comics, but for me, that wasn?t Hulk, it was big green Banner, Ragnarok was the last MCU iteration I enjoyed. The skin on the Ultron Hulk is much better than the Avengers figure to me, so I?m very glad I was able to get the pants and have the best of both releases.

Agreed. I think AoU and Ragnarok Hulks were the best versions of Hulk in the MCU. I liked the skin pigmentation better, as well as his hairstyle. As far as figures go, I like the AoU version because it looks more traditional than Gladiator Hulk, sans the stretch pants. However, I do agree that I like how the stretch pants fully cover up the knee joint.

Agreed. I think AoU and Ragnarok Hulks were the best versions of Hulk in the MCU. I liked the skin pigmentation better, as well as his hairstyle. As far as figures go, I like the AoU version because it looks more traditional than Gladiator Hulk, sans the stretch pants. However, I do agree that I like how the stretch pants fully cover up the knee joint.

SilverStar17, it is good to know that other people feel the same way I do about the visible knee joint on Hulk. I sort of felt like I was being too picky/critical of an otherwise great figure.

What are your thoughts on Endgame/Professor Hulk?

I am in agreement with AOU Hulk. I had the original Avengers Hulk and sold it to get this one. I?ve never looked back although I do miss the ripped pants.

The new EG Hulk is cool but I only have room enough for one definitive Hulk in my collection so I?ve convinced myself I don?t need it. Though I admit if I had room I might be tempted by many more figures than I can?t afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If AOU Hulk was a better shade of green, I would consider switching out my Avengers Hulk. AOU has the superior grimacing HS, but the Avengers Hulk isn't too far behind so I'm still happy with it.

I actually am of the mindset that the 2 best produced Hulks have been A1 and Gladiator. I never cared for the skin tone, spandex pants, and facial expressions on AOU.

There’s variety for everyone thankfully, I’m not crazy about the face or the skin tone of the Avengers version, just the pants, for me the skin is more realistic color and the face better on the AOU.

My bash.

BBEC7D6C-1EAC-4607-A401-9B810BBB8198.jpeg

SilverStar17, it is good to know that other people feel the same way I do about the visible knee joint on Hulk. I sort of felt like I was being too picky/critical of an otherwise great figure.

What are your thoughts on Endgame/Professor Hulk?

It is cool that the AoU pants cover the knee joint. Although his shoulder and wrist seams are pretty clearly visible so I suppose at the same time it doesn’t make any sense complaining about a slightly visible knee joint while wearing the ripped pants. But I also suppose the more joints that are concealed, the better.

Regarding EG Professor Hulk, I have no interest. Given Hulk’s size, I only one want representation of Hulk in my collection and the more traditional looking A1 or AoU Hulk imo is the way to go. Gladiator Hulk is too scene specific with the armor, and Professor Hulk isn’t a classic, standard Hulk look.

It is cool that the AoU pants cover the knee joint. Although his shoulder and wrist seams are pretty clearly visible so I suppose at the same time it doesn’t make any sense complaining about a slightly visible knee joint while wearing the ripped pants. But I also suppose the more joints that are concealed, the better.

Regarding EG Professor Hulk, I have no interest. Given Hulk’s size, I only one want representation of Hulk in my collection and the more traditional looking A1 or AoU Hulk imo is the way to go. Gladiator Hulk is too scene specific with the armor, and Professor Hulk isn’t a classic, standard Hulk look.

I agree totally.

That said, if I was a person who allowed myself more than one representation of a character, I would have probably picked up Gladiator Hulk as well,
he looks great!

Avengers Hulk with Gladiator Hulk Head
Armored Thanos
Age of Ultron Hulk

Enjoy the Picures.

DSC09120 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09119 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09118 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09117 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09116 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09115 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09114 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09113 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Love these photos, thanks!

Good to see them next to one another, also that Gladiator Hulk head looks cool on the A1 body

Hello,

For those of you interested, I am willing to sell mine.

Deluxe version in great condition. Displayed in glass cabinet since day 1 in museum pose.

Back