Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got a deluxe today from a member here for what I think is a great price. About $290 shipped and man this thing is a beast. First hulk figure and I love it

Hi - anyone been treating their hulk with any protectant? Any suggestions? Hulk feels slightly tacky at times so wondering if treatment would help.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who own this and the Avengers Hulk, any preference? Considering adding a Hulk to my collection and curious what folks think of those two. Not interested in the gladiator Hulk. Thanks!

For those who own this and the Avengers Hulk, any preference? Considering adding a Hulk to my collection and curious what folks think of those two. Not interested in the gladiator Hulk. Thanks!

The main difference is the shade of green is very different between the 2. The deluxe is a nice option with the smashing upper body, but the 1st hulk has a more classic look because of the pants. I dont think 1 is better than the other really.

I would consider ragnarok classic hulk but otherwise i think I'm done with hot toys hulk figures. Im not a fan of the mcu gladiator hulk and dont really like professor hulk. If a world war hulk comic version comes out i would be all over that.

AoU deluxe is good option if you're not a fan of joints. His lululemon shorts cover up his knees and the smash torso is solid leaving only a neck joint (with crazy muscularity to boot). Didn't some people experience some sort of smudging with A1 Hulk's fabric liners?

I would prefer torn pants to the stretch shorts, as that says HULK to me more, but overall, the AOU seems to build on everything good over the first release and make it even better, I love mine, deluxe is way to go in my eyes for the more traditional head than the roaring head which is just ok.

I had the first and it was great. Love the ripped purple pants but when the Deluxe came out I knew I wanted that one more and I’ve never looked back. More accessories more display options. No brainer.

i’ve owned both...i liked the A1 version more. i liked the darker shade of green & ripped pants.
AOU by no means is a bad figure though! that was just my preference

Thanks for the comments! Seems the reason I had to ask the question is that they’re both pretty good figures. It seemed that way looking at photos but figured I’d ask the experts! I kind of gravitated toward the torn pants as well, FWIW. thanks again!

And if anyone in the US is looking to sell and preferred local shipping, I'm looking to buy. Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever sources new pants to be torn pants like the original? I've looked at like dolls that might be similar in build where they'd fit but haven't found anything I'm confident in enough to chance it on yet and no one parts out the original anymore.

Well, with regards to my last post, I was able to find an eBay seller parting out the pants from the Hulk/Banner set, so now he truly feels like Hulk to me.

RwZUUbk.jpg

2XmlgOU.jpg

9Or3TyW.jpg

Well, with regards to my last post, I was able to find an eBay seller parting out the pants from the Hulk/Banner set, so now he truly feels like Hulk to me.

RwZUUbk.jpg

2XmlgOU.jpg

9Or3TyW.jpg

Oh wow! So you were able to find someone selling the pants from The Avengers version? I wouldn't mind finding a pair of the pants too as I have the Age of Ultron deluxe Hulk and do think the ripped pants make him look more like Hulk then the purple pants we get with him. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled on ebay for those pants.

Oh wow! So you were able to find someone selling the pants from The Avengers version? I wouldn't mind finding a pair of the pants too as I have the Age of Ultron deluxe Hulk and do think the ripped pants make him look more like Hulk then the purple pants we get with him. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled on ebay for those pants.

I’d been watching eBay for like 2 years, it takes vigilance but it could pay off. The Stark shorts aren’t horrible, I’ve just long been a fan of Hulk and all my favorite incarnations, he was in torn pants. I even like the early seasons of the Ferrigno show less for just making the pants shrink but not rip, he’s a big guy in small guy pants, they’d rip. Also a stroke against the 2003 Hulk which had him in shorts for the big scenes.

I agree that the Hulk with purple torn pants is much more reminiscent of how I remember Hulk from the comics. However, I choose to buy the Age of Ultron version because I thought the tights did a better job of obscuring the knee area of the figure (which I find very unappealing). That said, Hot Toys did an excellent job with Avengers, Age of Ultron, and Ragnarok versions of the Hulk. I can’t say the same for the most recent iteration though, IMO something is missing with the “Professor Hulk” figure ...just does nothing for me

Back