1/6 Hot Toys 60's Batman figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also still hoping to see the Batman Forever dynamic duo. Sure the movie wasn't great and made all the worse by the dreadful Batman and Robin, but these are still cool looking costumes

I have a hard time thinking that Hot Toys will do Batman Forever figures. Not sure if the film has enough popularity to justify figures.

I have a hard time thinking that Hot Toys will do Batman Forever figures. Not sure if the film has enough popularity to justify figures.

That movie just did not hold up well at all. Not that most even thought it was good but there was actually a time I thought it was better than Returns. My mistake. :slap

Yeah, Forever has always been lightyears better than B&R but I didn't realize until recently how utterly awful it is compared to the two Burton flicks.

Yeah, Forever has always been lightyears better than B&R but I didn't realize until recently how utterly awful it is compared to the two Burton flicks.
Disagreed. Batman Forever is a flawed film but still miles better than the piece of crap that is Batman Returns. That film is ridiculously awful. Batman Forever at least has the fact that it's a film that actually focuses on the title character for once rather than the villains.

In fairness ... they just announced figures from Superman III and GI Joe 2, so film popularity may not be as important as you say.

SnakeDoc

In fairness ... they just announced figures from Superman III and GI Joe 2.

SnakeDoc

:exactly:

Both bad films but Supes III had good moments...GI Joe II had good battle on side of mountain and that is it. BW cameo just beyond lame......geeeeezzz

Fair enough, to each his own! :duff

;)
:lol Like I said it's definitely flawed but truthfully that is the least of the films problems. One of the problems to me is it didn't make sense for Grayson (since we can't spell his first name without it being starred out :lol) to move in with Bruce when he appeared pretty old and would have likely been able to take care of himself and make his own decisions by that point in his life. The second issue I had was with the villains. The Riddler was fine but I thought Jim Carrey overdid it at times and tried to be too much like Nicholson's Joker and Jones' Two-Face was lame because he was essentially just turned into a lackey for The Riddler which was dumb. Also personally I never cared for Kilmer as Batman but he was okay as Bruce. Schumacher also overdid it with the neon crap in the film. It was just annoying and especially in a universe like Batman's which is supposed to be dark and gritty it didn't make a lot of sense. Aside from that though I generally don't mind the film. It has a weird quality to it in ways but I kind of like it. I think it's definitely the one Batman film that could benefit from a director's cut, which actually was rumored at one point but I don't think Warner will ever actually give the okay to finance it.

Like with the Predator line, I expect Hot toys will produce all of the Batmans that they can until the line peters out. So the chances of a Clooney or Kilmer depends on whether all the Batmans in line before them do well.

:lol Like I said it's definitely flawed but truthfully that is the least of the films problems. One of the problems to me is it didn't make sense for Grayson (since we can't spell his first name without it being starred out :lol) to move in with Bruce when he appeared pretty old and would have likely been able to take care of himself and make his own decisions by that point in his life. The second issue I had was with the villains. The Riddler was fine but I thought Jim Carrey overdid it at times and tried to be too much like Nicholson's Joker and Jones' Two-Face was lame because he was essentially just turned into a lackey for The Riddler which was dumb. Also personally I never cared for Kilmer as Batman but he was okay as Bruce. Schumacher also overdid it with the neon crap in the film. It was just annoying and especially in a universe like Batman's which is supposed to be dark and gritty it didn't make a lot of sense. Aside from that though I generally don't mind the film. It has a weird quality to it in ways but I kind of like it. I think it's definitely the one Batman film that could benefit from a director's cut, which actually was rumored at one point but I don't think Warner will ever actually give the okay to finance it.

Forever and B&R are both guilty pleasures of mine.

But yes everything you say about Forever I agree with. The WORST aspect of the film IMO is that for 90% people don't actually talk to each other. They just trade awful one-liners.

"Should I pack a sandwich."

"I'll get drive-thru."

"The Batsignal is not a beeper."

"What is it about the wrong kind of man?"

"Its the car right, chicks love the car."

"Hot entrance."

"I know your work, naive but insightful."

"Wow its not every girl who makes a superhero's night table. I could spend my career on a man who dresses as a flying rodent."

"Bats aren't rodents."

And so on. The entire damn script is practically a collection of terrible, terrible one-liners and no actual dialogue. It's like they thought they were making a two hour trailer (and apparently according to Schumacher they were, but a trailer for toys not a film.) And as a two hour toy ad it's even stupider because all the costume and vehicle designs were actually worse than their Burton predecessors. It literally got nothing right.* :cuckoo:

*save for dressing Kidman in nothing but a sheet for that one scene

damn it people. Superman 3 was not a bad movie. it wasnt as good as many other comic book movies, but its not BAD. Bad is superman 4. Bad is Batman and Robin. Superman 3 was decent, passing, even mediocre. Its vastly underrated. For its time, it was perfect. It capitalized on Pryor's appeal in the mid 80's and yet still offered up comic book fun. and when i was a kid, that metal wrapped woman in the end scared the holy hell out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back