Hot Toys - 2015 Toy Fair Exclusive Iron Man 3: (1/6th) Mark XXIV (Tank)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Iron Man got TANKED during shipping??? Purchased from Sideshow collectibles. I'm not sure who is to blame in shipping and handling of my package. Sideshowcollectibles who we pay so much for figures but not securely shipped and handled by courier like UPS. :gah::(View attachment 223685

image.jpgimage.jpg

WHOA! That's like my worst nightmare with SS since they don't double box. Either that or someone stealing my figure.

I'm going to have to call in sick when Hulkbuster ships and stay outside the whole day until it comes while stalking passing by UPS trucks.

That happened with my Obi-Wan Kenobi but that's like 1 in 2 years of buying from SSC.

Just email them and you should be able to get a replacement box.

I'll just contact them to see if i will be able to get a replacement box and shipper, i opened my figures but i also do keep the boxes. I am not sure how a package like that is damaged.

I've been collecting for 10+years and have never received a package like it.

I've had a few boxes shredded over the years, none high end collectibles fortunately, but it happens sometimes and by every one of the carriers at some point. I even had an envelope with some collectible cards in it torn completely in half by the typically great Royal Mail once- impressively though they did manage to get the surviving half all the way to Arizona. Sideshow will probably help you out with a box that badly damaged. You can always do the pack out option if you are really concerned, it costs more but the reality is that it costs more to ship a larger package even if it doesn't weight a lot more, I run into that a lot when I sell things. I'm kinda glad they have it as an option and not as default honestly, I've probably saved a figures worth of money by not doing it.

Email sideshow about my package. Hopefully they will answer back. Thankfully the figure itself is not damaged but the shipper box and tank hot toys box are.

Call SS customer service and request the "pack in" or "pack out" (I forget which one it's called) option where they double box your figure. It's only $10 extra and well worth the peace of mind. Plus you don't get the UPS label on your actual HT brown shipper.

Call SS customer service and request the "pack in" or "pack out" (I forget which one it's called) option where they double box your figure. It's only $10 extra and well worth the peace of mind. Plus you don't get the UPS label on your actual HT brown shipper.

It is (or was) called "pack out". I was told by SS early this year that they aren't offering that option anymore.

Thank you will definitely try that

It is (or was) called "pack out". I was told by SS early this year that they aren't offering that option anymore.

Really? Wonder why, that's the easiest $10 they can make.

Probably time consuming? Are they not offering it for new requests or they stopped period?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I changed all my orders to it about 2 months ago and they allowed it. Also I'm in Australia so it makes sense to me for better protection.

They still offer it but no longer on larger items. Most of the Hot Toys stuff is safe but larger ones like Igor, Hulkbuster, etc. won't be. I don't know where the size cutoff is though. My Groot/Rocket 2-pack wasn't nor were any of my recent PF statues.

I don't buy pack outs anyway. Don't really care if a label is on the shipper but I just started noticing peoply actually care about the shipper condition.

I don't mind labels as well. But when i received my package paying a 300$ figure and exclusive. Receiving it on my doorstep like these (attached pic) I would think and reconsider. Might be the couriers fault not being careful? I just don't knowimage.jpgimage.jpg i am still disappointed. Contacted sideshow they said they don't replace shipper box bec it's not part of the figure.

Back