Hot Toys - 2015 Toy Fair Exclusive Iron Man 3: (1/6th) Mark XXIV (Tank)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's gotta be the shipping company. They won't even accept a package that looks like that.

I don't mind labels as well. But when i received my package paying a 300$ figure and exclusive. Receiving it on my doorstep like these (attached pic) I would think and reconsider. Might be the couriers fault not being careful? I just don't knowView attachment 224422View attachment 224423 i am still disappointed. Contacted sideshow they said they don't replace shipper box bec it's not part of the figure.

Yeah they don't replace shippers because, well the whole point of the shipper is to protect the insides of the box. The shipper can get all beat up but as long as the box is intact it did its job.

It's definitely the courier. I worked for a airline's baggage ramp and I've seen a LOT of freak accidents that aren't intentional but they do happen.

I don't mind labels as well. But when i received my package paying a 300$ figure and exclusive. Receiving it on my doorstep like these (attached pic) I would think and reconsider. Might be the couriers fault not being careful? I just don't knowView attachment 224422View attachment 224423 i am still disappointed. Contacted sideshow they said they don't replace shipper box bec it's not part of the figure.

So, the shipper did its job?

Figure is in good condition. Shipper and graphic box not good. I keep my box not for resale value. I don't mind dents or what. But it's just damaged that's all. If i don't get a replacement then i move on.

Received my Tank couple of days ago, opened it couple of hours after Fedex dropped it off and to my horror and surprise Sideshow sent me a used figure =(

Condition: I used a pack out option so shipper is mint and perfect also sealed , but thats where the good news ends =(
1) The circle clear seal tape for the art box has been cut open already first sign that it was a used figure, i even second guessd myself if i accidentally cut it lol
2) All plastic protection for the figure have been removed (all extra small plastic was under the figure)
3) All plastic protection for the accesories on the second tray have been removed (all extra small plastic was under the base)
4) The base have scratches in the middle ( many scratches that it formed a smal circle of marks)
5) Manual is Missing but plastic for the manual is still in the box lol
6) and worst of all battery is missing and on second checking Bateries have already been installed in the figure.. Quick checking lights on head still working but on both arms not working anymore
7) Cover for the head is loose

Damn it really ruined my supposedly New Year haul , and to add to the insult to injury the Stealth Mark 3 that i ordered along with tank have a paint blemish on the forehead of the mask (dark blue tint with whitish hue around it am guessing glue problem) but thats a small problem that can be taken care of by replacing the mask..

Just sent an email to complain about it last Friday still waiting for their reply =(

(95% of my collection are iron man only and around 75% of my figures came from sideshow this is the first time i received a major major problematic figure from them but i really didnt expect to receive a used figure from them, am guessing with the sealed shipper and all that the problem might have started in Hk and not on sideshows part but still hoping they can resolve this.. It really took the magic of opening a supposedly brand new figure ��)

Might be possible they sent you one of the figures that are meant to be replacement parts sent from HT to SSC since the shipper was still sealed

Definitely an accident they should be able to help

They'll take care of you, they were probably closed friday for the holidays, but don't worry about it- its an easy fix.

Thanks guys yeah fingers crossed i might receive an email today, am a loyal sideshow customer and had lots of positive experience from them hence why i didnt over react and posted a rant post in OSR or other groups but just felt like sharing it here since this is a sideshow forums at the same time under tank discussion ü

A picture after I have received the replacement from the distributor (the first figure arrived defective with the hole of the screw too large in the back and thus making impossible to keep inside the screw + a little (but disturbing) brown paint drop on a silver area). Now everything is fine with this new figure. I hope that you can solve easy and fast the problems. I really do not understand why most of the problems are coming with the exclusive releases (at least in my case based on previous experiences)... :dunno

Attachments

• DSCN4156ok.JPG
    DSCN4156ok.JPG
    399.9 KB · Views: 128
Some more pics... they fit really nicely together.

Attachments

• DSCN4558.JPG
    DSCN4558.JPG
    404.3 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCN4537.JPG
    DSCN4537.JPG
    474.1 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCN4549.JPG
    DSCN4549.JPG
    463.6 KB · Views: 162
Scorpion, you really got to remove those ugly claws from Red Snapper. It's easy to do and not a permanent mod but In my opinion make the figure look tons better.

:) (For the moment...) I think that the claws make a good contrast together with the rest of IMs. I read in this forum (long time ago and maybe even posted by you?) how to proceed to remove them. Please, do you have the link to the procedure? (I will give a try in the future). Thanks

I wouldn't remove the claws. Once you do that (permanent) then you destroy the value of the figure.

I wouldn't remove the claws. Once you do that (permanent) then you destroy the value of the figure.

Thanks for the advice. I think that somewhen I read about the possibility of removing them in a non-permanent manner (not sure...). For now I like them because make of Snapper a very different armor and the contrast is nice (to my eyes). I also got Peacemaker some time ago and claws+different color make them looking really different to each other.

I'm surprised the value on this didn't go up. It's a great looking figure. Ditto to Heartbreaker which can be found for like $150. Crazy.

Back