Hot Toys 2013 Toyfairs Exclusive GI Joe Retaliation Joe Colton - full pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been thinking about buying this figure guys. Thoughts??

I went the cheap route and bought the bootleg head (almost identical to the official HT release) and True Type body for $30 and $20 respectively. Then bought the HT clothes, belt, pouches, and handguns on sale. It's not 100% original release but it's pretty damn close. It's a nice figure but not for the ridiculous amount HT was asking for. If you can buy the full HT figure for around what I spent on my knockoff version, about $120, then it's worth it IMO.

But if you only just want a Bruce Willis figure and not necessarily this Joe Colton figure, I'd strongly recommend either buying another full Bruce Willis figure made by someone else that's cheaper or just getting a 1:6 Bruce Willis head (there's plenty to choose from on ebay) and a True Type Knockoff body and bashing your own action hero together.

Thanks for the input. I want a generic Willis “action hero” figure to go with Barney Ross and Arnold in my collection (don’t care for the character/movie). I was thinking of swapping Colton’s cloth with Ross 2.0 second “denim/casul” look.
I might be able to get the full HT for around $150. Still he is secondary on my list as the primary purchases are BD Robocop, Chewbacca and Returns Batman. Might need that $150 for one of these guys AND what will be seen at 2015 SDCC!

I think i might have a couple of the bootlegs if they might suffice?
I can take pics.
Do you happen to know if the knockoff Wolverine bodies match the skin tone? I was looking at this one, it's fairly cheap.

04cfcb62595764a4e2e498828fc00ea1.jpg

Skin color of that body is kinda randomized. I ordered 5 of them and they all came with different color! Like WTF.

I agree, it's a great figure. The whole Hot Toys GI Joe line was fantastic even if the movie wasn't.

Awesome photography, yeah that is a solid figure to, I lot of people didn't like the movie but did like the figure, that head got used for diehard bashes, Church from expendables and so on.

lot of people didn't like the movie but did like the figure, that head got used for diehard bashes, Church from expendables and so on.

It definitely lends itself to lots of customs! As a nostalgic Joe nerd I enjoyed the movie for what it was, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it to a casual viewer.

Awesome photography

Thanks, here's another shot:

I have a lot of ideas for this toy.

Yeah it wasn't a good Joe movie, it had a few cool fight scenes though, it made for ok action flick, looking forward to your upcoming plans for the figure:)

Great pics Monte! This is one figure I actually really wanted to pick up but just didn't bite the bullet fast enough.

Back