Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bored, so I took some pics....that is, before the V1 joker body got mutilated...

DSC01987-1.jpg

DSC01991-2.jpg

DSC01992-1.jpg

Damn camera focused on the twinkies box instead of the figs in the last pic :banghead

I don't even like Twinkies! :mad:

Each kit comes with a brush. I used the brush part to give that realistic worn pitted look to the surface.

I've not had any issues with it wearing though. Saying that I don't tend to handle my figures often but you'd have to soak/wipe it with a wet rag or something damp for it to come off once it's been on for several days or so.

tamiya_87079

Each kit comes with a brush. I used the brush part to give that realistic worn pitted look to the surface.

I've not had any issues with it wearing though. Saying that I don't tend to handle my figures often but you'd have to soak/wipe it with a wet rag or something damp for it to come off once it's been on for several days or so.

tamiya_87079

i see.
so you didn't strip the base paint first before applying the brush?
*sorry vodoun, i kinda newb for this kinda thing :D

Nope, no stripping. Brush onto the shoes as is. No damage done. Wipe it off with a wet rag and it's back to normal. It's a powder that adheres well to the surface. Very easy to use. You can even use a fine paint brush and wet the powder (not drown it) giving more realism to things like hair and such for roots. Sharper lines and such and/or leather cracks.

I had long resisted picking up a V1 Joker, at first because of the sculpt and then because of the improved BRJ and DX versions, but with the DX's arrival, prices on the V1 were low enough that I decided to grab one for an interrogation Joker.

What's the deal with the vest? It pretty much won't stay shut and the velcro is almost always visible. Should I try and snag a DX vest..which if I remember correctly, uses snaps? Or is there something I can do with this one?

thanks for any input provided. :)

I had long resisted picking up a V1 Joker, at first because of the sculpt and then because of the improved BRJ and DX versions, but with the DX's arrival, prices on the V1 were low enough that I decided to grab one for an interrogation Joker.

What's the deal with the vest? It pretty much won't stay shut and the velcro is almost always visible. Should I try and snag a DX vest..which if I remember correctly, uses snaps? Or is there something I can do with this one?

thanks for any input provided. :)

seriously man, i just super glued my jokers vest shut, that annoyed the piss outta me and didnt look good. same with the collar, which annoyed me as well. i just put a dab of glue in certain spots, to keep everything in place, and it came out perfect. just be careful, but it can be done, and it look soo much better. i mean, i never open his vest or change his tie lol.

seriously man, i just super glued my jokers vest shut, that annoyed the piss outta me and didnt look good. same with the collar, which annoyed me as well. i just put a dab of glue in certain spots, to keep everything in place, and it came out perfect. just be careful, but it can be done, and it look soo much better. i mean, i never open his vest or change his tie lol.

Thanks. I've talked to BillyB about getting his shirt/tie so at this point I'm not gonna glue anything....you're right though, the collar and vest are annoying.:banghead I can't believe they would make the vest so small that the velcro doesn't hold....the coat seems a tad small as well...I'm guessing losing the blazer may help that though.

I removed the weak velcro from my v1 and used fabric glue to keep it together. Did not use superglue though, in case I need to separate it again.

The DX indeed uses snap closures.

I removed the weak velcro from my v1 and used fabric glue to keep it together. Did not use superglue though, in case I need to separate it again.

The DX indeed uses snap closures.

Thanks man.

The DX vest will probably be too much $$$ not to mention hard to find.

I'll have to take a closer look at how the velcro is attached to the vest...I suppose I can get the fabric glue you speak of at a JoAnn Fabrics or a craft store? Let the futzing begin! :duh

Thanks man.

The DX vest will probably be too much $$$ not to mention hard to find.

I'll have to take a closer look at how the velcro is attached to the vest...I suppose I can get the fabric glue you speak of at a JoAnn Fabrics or a craft store? Let the futzing begin! :duh

You can easily pick up button snaps yourself and add them, I did that to my v1 vest, i got sick of the lousy velcro so I unstitched it and added snaps.

You can easily pick up button snaps yourself and add them, I did that to my v1 vest, i got sick of the lousy velcro so I unstitched it and added snaps.

I think I'll also have to do that now. Mine is starting to never sit right now from all the excessive futzing and changing shirts/futzing and futzing that I think I've worn the velcro out. It just barely holds now.

It doesn't seem to be very good velcro either. I've got smaller velcro and other things that seem to hold better than this. I don't know whats up with this stuff. It seems like pure junk.

the velcro sucks but after just a little super glue it looks great. you'd never know it was velcro.

Yes, but you're also not likely to get the vest open again. Snaps are the perfect solution, which even Hot Toys has concluded with their inclusion of it on the DX figure, it's very secure but it's no permanent so if you need to open the vest or take it off to adjust the figure you can.

Yeah, Maul is right. Superglue would be nasty. Superglue usually crystalizes. The amount of times I have taken it off to futz would do me in if it was permanent.

Back