Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is a photo thread but my computer is screwed up and I can't take any.
I got my Joker from Joe the other day and so far I really like him but it's not 100% perfect.
There's a lot of loose threads on the clothing. I trimmed them away and he looks better now but, I've never had this issue with a Hot Toys figure before. It feels like it was rushed out the door to meet a deadline.
One of the buttons on the cuffs of his long coat is hanging by a thread of glue. I'd re-glue it if I knew what to use. The head is sculpted with a lot of detail but doesn't look at all like Ledger. I'm happy with it as simply a great Joker figure until I get BR Joker, and switch the heads. Also the playing cards are cut way off center on mine. And the last issue is he's very light on accessories, I would've like a few more things.

There's a lot of good though, great attention to detail on the costume, everything lays absolutely perfectly on the figure. The custom printed shirt, pants, and socks are really over the top. It's detail you'd most likely never see but shows tremendous care went into the design of the figure. The paint apps far exceeded my expectations. I didn't think the paint on the head was all that great in photos, in person it's quite impressive.
Lastly with this character the costume, hands, and body lend so much expression to poses, it's easy to achieve something that feels like Ledger's Joker.
:D
Looking forward to the Bank Robber to complete this version.

Anyone have some good high res photos of Heath Joker from the left and right while smiling? I want to try resculpting the Hot Toy Joker's scars.

Just painted mine up:
jokercn9.jpg

ok, this sucks. My Joker's left foot just broke at the knee joint. No actual way to fix it either so I guess I will need a new body. Anyone knows which HT TT body will have the correct skin tone and proportion? Thanks.

ok, this sucks. My Joker's left foot just broke at the knee joint. No actual way to fix it either so I guess I will need a new body. Anyone knows which HT TT body will have the correct skin tone and proportion? Thanks.

Go to Toys2.net.

The TrueType bodies they have in stock work perfectly.

While the Joker was put on the slightly tinted Asian body for some reason, the Caucasian works even better. My figure was broken at the wrist by someone, and this is the body I bought to replace it. Plus, you'll now have ungloved hands for him as well.

Good grief, how did The Joker price just jump so high...

Was just looking on ActionHQ "This item is on back order and usually ships in 1-2 weeks US$249.95"

I would suggest that if anyone still wants the Joker's proper outfit -- either you don't have it or you want a second one -- that you get it now, before people start receiving their BR Joker and realize they DO NEED the central outfit after all.

That price will go up. And up...

Future Hicks?

looks great, a bit more gritty now...only thing I would say would be maybe his eye makeup needs a bit more smudging above the brow.

great job:rock

got some photos now...
Both of my Jokers waiting for there heads on my now so called " customizing table ". !. :lol
Sorry for the crappy pics , the lighting sucks and I couldn't be bothered getting the tripod out. :lol
DSC02547.jpg

DSC02548.jpg

Don't know if you can see this but I extended the length of his chain with the help of some thread. Took a while and it was fiddly but I'm happy with the result. :)

DSC02550.jpg

I wonder how does skewrl's repainted would look like on the body. Care to show us? :)

Just to keep the thread rolling,

DSC01420.jpg

DSC01425.jpg

Back