Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this figure, and I do plan on getting it.... but seeing it next to the Takara just confirms what I've though all along that the head is too big/tall... doesn't matter I'll still get it, will just give me incentive to tinker and stuff, lmao

htbats1.jpg

htbats3.jpg

htbats4.jpg

htbats5.jpg

htbats6.jpg

htbats7.jpg

htbats8.jpg

htbats9.jpg

htbats10.jpg

htbats11.jpg

Fantastic pics man! Thanks! Man being a HUGE fan of the Takara and all after seeing these pics ........................... well lets just say I never thought i'd see the day when there'd be something better than it.

No comparision. HT rules all!

I'm really interested in obtaining an exact version of the suited Bergholtz Bale figure that was posted a few pages back.I know the Saturday Toys suit is available but what's the easiest way of getting a painted Bale head for a good price and the least hassle?

I'm really interested in obtaining an exact version of the suited Bergholtz Bale figure that was posted a few pages back.I know the Saturday Toys suit is available but what's the easiest way of getting a painted Bale head for a good price and the least hassle?

I'd check with either Josh (Darkartist81) or Les (Les Walker) both IMO are the finest artists on this board. I'm sure both have alot on their plates right now though so I would inquire right away. As for the head I believe it was a one time commission.

I saw in the customs board it was being offered for sale as in multiple castings.I want it bad that pic in the ST suit rocks.

Looking at both painted sculpts I think I like my HT one a little better. Of course having the HT one in hand and being able to look at it from all angles definitely helps. Seeing more pics of Andy's work could change my mind easily. Either way two fantastic Bale representations!

Question for those in the know... is the nose on the cowl that long and pointy on film. Looks a little odd, not a deal breaker, but odd.

Question for those in the know... is the nose on the cowl that long and pointy on film. Looks a little odd, not a deal breaker, but odd.

I was watching Begins recently paying attention to that after making a similar observation of the figure. From a pure profile, the figure seems a smidge too long, but from some 3/4 views, it looks perfect. As you say, not a deal breaker, and it's so little off that it's a mute point from most views.

Looking at both painted sculpts I think I like my HT one a little better. Of course having the HT one in hand and being able to look at it from all angles definitely helps. Seeing more pics of Andy's work could change my mind easily. Either way two fantastic Bale representations!

It's a great sculpt. But since HT is including a great looking and well painted Bale head, I might as well just use that.

It's acurate. Bale has a big snout.

Nose is only slightly too long. not as bad as the first release, but you can tell when you look at the on-hand pics with the proto on the box.

Fett1,s brother thought of this shot.............the original V1 cwl with the original V1 batman and the new V2 Bale sculpt........................:naughty

100_2488.jpg

Cheers

I don't know what settings it was on the digital camera, but I just clicked away :p

Batman-Macro.jpg

BruceWayne-Macro.jpg

Batman02-1.jpg

Batman-Unmasked-1.jpg

Batman01-1.jpg

BruceWayneUpper-Macro.jpg

BruceWayne-TeeMacro.jpg

BruceWayne-SuitMacro.jpg

This is what you get when you take photos at night in a poorly lit room! Some shadowy looking output! Sheesh. I really need to take some pictures during the day! :p

So I swapped capes with Takara's version. There were casualties, though, in the form of the little triangles that held his original cape on. I didn't realize they were all one big piece glued onto the suit until the triangle popped right off the base. I'm not willing to superglue it and risk any of it getting on the suit, so they'll have to stay off. Whatever, they inhibited the movement anyway and I never liked the way they looked. I'd rather have a majestic cape than two triangles.

Also, I put HT Bruce's head on Takara's body in the spelunking outfit, and it looks wonderful. I also have a comparison pic of HT Bats with DCD's Joker because it was requested of me yesterday, and I didn't see it until now. Sorry about the delay.

balewoo1.jpg

balewoo2.jpg

whysohumongous.jpg

batcape1.jpg

batcape2.jpg

batcape3.jpg

batcape4.jpg

batcape5.jpg

batcape6.jpg

Back