Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was waiting for the day when the $400 I paid last October didn't feel like I was paying through the arse for it, and it looks like that day came and went a month or two ago.

What was the SRP of these when released? I remember paying $129.00 for mine with shipping.

Of course I wish I had bought 10 back then.

If a person has just one of this guy I wouldn't sell just to be able to get more figures. I would sell if I had a pressing need for money unrelated to the hobby. I think if you sell just to afford more figures then you better be sure those figures will ultimately be more important to you than this one is.

And I'm not lyin'.

The neck had been modified poorly. It probably could have been cleaned up, but I just wasn't comfortable.
Here are some pics of the one I passed on:

P1010090.jpg

P1010092.jpg

P1010093.jpg

P1010099.jpg
P1010100.jpg

P1010101.jpg

The cowl had been cut very high. And the tabs (which had been removed to put on a custom cape) appear to be glued to the suit. I tried asking the seller as many questions as I could, and I didn't feel I was getting straight answers so, like i said. I didn't feel comfortable.

If I didn't have the Takara (which I believe will look amazing when i'm done with it) I would have bought it anyway.

The only thing that bothers me on that OC is the glued tabs so you're probably right to pass. Most of us use electrical tape so it wouldnt be permanent if you made a mistake which he did. I dont know, I'm not really big on modding but even then, the placement of the cape tab bugged me and it looked like he glued it back to where it originally went to cover the holes so that he could replace the cape.

I think he actually did a good job cutting the cowl. That's optional anyway, never did cut mine but he did a decent job on his.
The tabs is the one that sucks though, he could have just used an electrical tape to put the tabs in the proper place and the cape would cover the holes where the tabs used to be.

So yeah, probably great that you didnt bite.

Last edited:
I remember discussing that OC Bats with you Mag, still think you made the right move. Especially since your modded Takara with (hopefully) Adam's head will be the ultimate Bats anyhow. Money saved!

:exactly:

The only thing that bothers me on that OC is the glued tabs so you're probably right to pass. Most of us use electrical tape so it wouldnt be permanent if you made a mistake which he did. I dont know, I'm not really big on modding but even then, the placement of the cape tab bugged me and it looked like he glued it back to where it originally went to cover the holes so that he could replace the cape.

I think he actually did a good job cutting the cowl. That's optional anyway, never did cut mine but he did a decent job on his.
The tabs is the one that sucks though, he could have just used an electrical tape to put the tabs in the proper place and the cape would cover the holes where the tabs used to be.

So yeah, probably great that you didnt bite.

If you look at some of the close ups, you can see part of the holes, so he didn't even cover them well. And since he cut so much of the cowl off, the cowl doesn't reach the tabs.

P1010100.jpg

P1010101.jpg

Comparing those shots to some of the neck moded figures here, you can see that he did cut off more of the cowl than most.

I remember discussing that OC Bats with you Mag, still think you made the right move. Especially since your modded Takara with (hopefully) Adam's head will be the ultimate Bats anyhow. Money saved!

:lecture :rock

Actually, I haven't decided if I want Adam's head or one of the OC heads that will go up for sale when it's released. It's so hard to judge which will look better with the Takara...

Did Dean's ever show up in the end? Does anyone know?

I recently sold my DX for a pretty insane price, and I overpaid for this one about a year ago. I couldn't let this one go though, too awesome.

Back