Hot Toys 1/6th - Eternals - Thena

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys isn't stupid tho. They know Angelina is a money maker. People will pay money to get a human likeness of her that isn't Maleficent features.
How many times has HT passed on Idris Elba now? Didn't they just pass on John Cena? I used to think that the actor likeness alone could secure a release, but now I don't know. (I realize they are not Angelina Jolie, but still.)

I think the lack of Suicide Squad figures is due to WB new rules which restrict companies from depicting their characters using guns and firearms (despite the source material) If HT couldn't make Bloodsport or Peace Maker with all their weapons, they may have just said **** it then. Although it is odd to release King Shark on his own without any other products.

Perhaps the industry needs to implement some sort of content rating system. They already have age recommendations but maybe they need something more descriptive.

I think the lack of Suicide Squad figures is due to WB new rules which restrict companies from depicting their characters using guns and firearms (despite the source material) If HT couldn't make Bloodsport or Peace Maker with all their weapons, they may have just said **** it then. Although it is odd to release King Shark on his own without any other products.

Perhaps the industry needs to implement some sort of content rating system. They already have age recommendations but maybe they need something more descriptive.
This. It's kind of crazy what WB did to their figure line. This extends not only to Hot Toys but every single statue/figure/toy out there under them.

Look at Prime 1's Peacemaker statue that they just showed off last week. It's Peacemaker with a sword and his hand doing a pointed finger pose instead of it being a gun pointed at you.

This can also be seen in all the Mcfarlane figures of Suicide Squad where none of the characters had their proper weapons but instead all come with made up swords.

Hot Toys probably got the memo that Warner Bros was doing this and thought, we're not gonna bother making Suicide Squad figures if they're gonna be inaccurate with these made up weapons and rules so they just did King Shark and called it a day.

I'm VERY curious if this means that Hot Toys can't re-release TDK Joker because that figure came with 2 types of guns.

POST_JUNE-2_Suicide_Squad_Group_Teaser.jpg
MhEaCnD.png
wE5fMY0.png

I assume cosbabies sell well? I honestly never met anyone who buys them

That seems hopeful. I'm not expecting anybody but Jolie ... maybe Madden (who may get stuck in prototype hell) and if anyone else gets one it'll probably be Gemma Chan.
No way they will pass up making Superman-lite Ikaris, laser beams and all who from a lot of comments seems to be who ppl are gravitating towards excitement wise. And with them stating he is the most powerful...I doubt hot toys will pass on him if he steals the show. Tbh Gemma is less likely

No way they will pass up making Superman-lite Ikaris, laser beams and all who from a lot of comments seems to be who ppl are gravitating towards excitement wise. And with them stating he is the most powerful...I doubt hot toys will pass on him if he steals the show. Tbh Gemma is less likely
I dunno, they passed on making Shazam, and he's more like Superman than Ikaris, and the movie was a critical hit and didn't tank at the box office.
I agree Ikaris is the next most likely, but the number of figures will likely depend on how well the movie does at the box office.

We’ll get Ikaris and Thena, that’s it.

On another note, a lot of reactions from audiences have been coming in from early screenings and they seem to be more on the positive side in comparison to the critics.

Haven't seen it yet but from what I'm hearing Ikaris and Makari are quite massively OP with Ikaris being a complete beast in the third act. Really curious to see who hot toys makes now based on fanfare after the film is out.

I might be alone on this one but I'd actually want a Makkari and Kingo figure before the others. It'll probably never happen though. Wishful thinking. I just finished watching it and I didn't think it was that bad. A lot of flashbacks but I enjoyed it.

I dunno, they passed on making Shazam, and he's more like Superman than Ikaris, and the movie was a critical hit and didn't tank at the box office.
I agree Ikaris is the next most likely, but the number of figures will likely depend on how well the movie does at the box office.
While it didn't "tank" as it was made with a low budget, it was also extremely low grossing for a superhero film. It was quite literally just a splash in the water. 366 million WW for a superhero film in a non pandemic world? Yea no, I wouldn't have wasted time on making figures either. They likely (and probably accurately I say) assumed not enough ppl would care to warrant the production. If Eternals makes bank, Shazam won't be a good comparison.

I know very little about the film, but assuming that the cast is all treated equally, and none are presented as any more powerful than the others, I'd think the deciding factor about who Hot Toys would make, would be the actor playing the character and how well their famous face would sell as a high-end action figure. With that criteria, I'd expect Jolie (given), Salma Hayek, Richard Madden, and Kit Harrington.

But because Hot Toys is gonna Hot Toys, I'd also consider Gemma Chan and Don Lee as possibilities

That seems hopeful. I'm not expecting anybody but Jolie ... maybe Madden (who may get stuck in prototype hell) and if anyone else gets one it'll probably be Gemma Chan.

I neeed Sersi!!!!

If they give us Gemma Chan, I say give us Minnerva!

Yeah since they didn't make Minnerva I'm hoping they don't pass on a second chance to make a Gemma Chan figure!!

I don't follow Asian cinema but I heard Don Lee is big in Korea, maybe HT will make him. I want Sersi but I think she has the lowest chance out of the 4 cosbabies to make it to 1/6.

Idris Elba has been in five Marvel Movies, so regardless of what DC and WB do, HT has chosen to pass him on a lot.

Back