Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long till the wife notices?

tumbler4.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

Oh Dave

So close yet so far...now!

I never learn man.

Figures that I have held in my hands and didn't get at hastings:
using icons to show my emotions:

Mark 1(multiple times) :slap :slap :slap
Mark 2 :slap
Mark 3 (regular version)
T-800 (terminator 2) :slap
BR Joker
John Connor
Marcus Wright
Bat Pod :slap :slap

Ones I did pick up at Hastings when I found them:
DX01 Joker :panic:
DX02 Batman :panic:
MMS71 Dark Knight Batman

I never learn man.

Mark 1(multiple times) :slap :slap :slap
Mark 3 (regular version)
BR Joker
John Connor
Marcus Wright

DX01 Joker :panic:
DX02 Batman :panic:
MMS71 Dark Knight Batman

I lost all respect I ever had for you :slap

I never learn man.

Mark 1(multiple times) :slap
Mark 3 (regular version)
BR Joker
John Connor
Marcus Wright

Oh damn, I have the same problem!

I see figures up for pre-order (can afford them) and think - nah...I will get them later on. And then they go up in price, like billion times and I'm kicking myself in the balls over and over again.

Mark I - :(
Mark II - :(
Tumbler - :(
T-800 - :(
now I think the same will happen with War Machine
and I had to pass on Casting Shadows by Coarsetoys

I never learn man.

Mark 1(multiple times) :slap :slap
Mark 3 (regular version)
BR Joker
John Connor
Marcus Wright

DX01 Joker
DX02 Batman
MMS71 Dark Knight Batman

Huuuuwhattt! :horror You also passed on Mark I & T2 T-800! :thud: Come on..:slap

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't hesitate on getting DX01 & 02 right? Look how they hiked-up today! :wink1:

I don't see the problem. You didn't want them enough at the time to get them so why do you want them now? Because they command a higher secondary market price? Not a good enough reason to collect stuff.

I don't see the problem. You didn't want them enough at the time to get them so why do you want them now? Because they command a higher secondary market price? Not a good enough reason to collect stuff.

Back then I was in denial that I had a Hot Toys problem. I now have accepted that I am addicted. The monetary value really doesn't matter to me. I sold off my V1 joker for $75 just for quick cash. If I ever sell my Hot Toys figs I would be more than happy to get what I paid for them.
I really wanted them but I just thought I should stick to a select few, for some reason I thought spending so much on my collectibles was ridiculous. Now I realize I probably wasted more money on crap that I don't even like instead. I really wish I hadn't passed on the Mark 1, Batpod, and T2 T-800. There is no way i'll even get them at the prices they are at now.
Nowadays, I make sure that I preorder all the figures I like. If the Prototype is way different then then actual then I cancel.

The problem is that we are addicted to these figures like a bunch of Methheads. There's so damn many it's almost impossible to keep up, but you're royally f- -ked if you miss one. Then you have the 1:4 scale and Life Size stuff from Sideshow and now Enterbay has entered the 1:4 scale market. God Help Us All if Hot Toys goes FS 1:4 scale.

:horror :horror :horror

This is what I'm looking at right now:
Preorderd:
Mark II Unleashed
Sweeney Todd
Thor
Rango/Priscilla

To Be Preorderd:
Kevin Flynn
Sparrow DX
Sam Flynn Lightcycle
Mark V

Need to pickup:
Tracker
Falconer

Undecided
Odin

Hello forum. New here as you can see and based in the US. In the past 2 weeks I have spent quite a bit on eBay picking up HT Dark Knight figures. I scored the holy grail today and picked up the 1/6 scale Batmobile & BatPod from the same. They have been open and displayed, but have the original inner boxes but not outer. My intent is to display the whole collection in a suitably large. I saw them go for a total of $2100 recently both new. Curious what you would think a fair price would be? BTW, I would have posted this yesterday but the forum was down. I am happy with what I paid as long as the items arrive as promised and pictured, but would like some feedback. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back