Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...I too have been down this road....Sooner later you end up fessing up or getting caught !!:gah::slap:lol

When she finally discovered the Tumbler box and asked me about it I went red in the face and started fumbling my words trying to come up with an excuse....she knew right away that I was caught and she didn't even have to spin a web this time :)

The only reason I finally sold my comics was that the weight of all those boxes had caused the support beam underneath our bedroom to crack...my neighbor below could have been crushed by 160 boxes of comics!! Luckily Hot Toys don't weigh as much :)

:lol Comic book collection kills neighbor, story at eleven! :lol

haha this is so common amongst us, you won;t believe it! I have 2 stages, first stop is inside the garage but my single door is filled to the top with tools and a car already so stuff then moves into hidden spaces inside my living/dining room. I think I have to eventually start looking into the final destination in the attic for some retired stuff or boxes at the least

LOL

I tried to sneak my latest delivery in too - I suceeded up to a point. I took delivery of it with no one being aware, I was able to smuggle it home and into the room but alas the G/F was simply able to tell that it was new - granted it was a 22" NECA Alien, and I had no other figures of that size on display so it stood out. Yet my tiny little Revoltech Queen Alien didn't get past her either.

Reading the above posts really amazed me. I am from Asia and i read similar comment as well on other forums, too. We all have to 'smuggle, bypass, hide' our collectible from girlfriend, wifes, etc.

Female is like customs/detectives, its almost impossible to bypass.

LOL

I tried to sneak my latest delivery in too - I suceeded up to a point. I took delivery of it with no one being aware, I was able to smuggle it home and into the room but alas the G/F was simply able to tell that it was new - granted it was a 22" NECA Alien, and I had no other figures of that size on display so it stood out. Yet my tiny little Revoltech Queen Alien didn't get past her either.

Women have radar for stuff like this.

What's funny is that whenever my wife buys a new pair of shoes or a bag (which is almost every week), she always shows it off to me when she comes home...and I have to sneak my purchases in like a thief...it isn't fair :(

And you might think that shoes and bags serve a more essential purpose - but new ones every other week is no less excessive than us buying toys.

^Excessive is the crazy cost of hair cuts for women! She spends $120 on a cut and color every 6 weeks! Every time, I bite my tongue, but inside I'm like, "there's a new figure!" :lol

btw, the Tumbler is awesome. :monkey3

That is so funny, once I tried to sneak a purchase from my wife so instead of using old Paypal via my checking account I decided to send a money order, sneaky me, right?

Needless to say, I never heard from the seller again nor received my item. Lesson learned. Thank God it was only $126.

Luis

Women have radar for stuff like this.

What's funny is that whenever my wife buys a new pair of shoes or a bag (which is almost every week), she always shows it off to me when she comes home...and I have to sneak my purchases in like a thief...it isn't fair :(

:lol :lol

My wife and I now have a mutual understanding.

She shows me her new shoes

I show her my Mark 4 :lol

But how the hell am I going to explain the Mark VI, it's too damn close to the IV :slap

Thank God my wife is into it as much as I am.

She even thought the HT Scarecrow and Demon Bats were worth the money. Can't say I totally agree, but I'm glad I got 'em.

The only time she raised an eyebrow was when I had to have a SECOND Mark I maquette for my office. Dude, it looks stellar.

But how the hell am I going to explain the Mark VI, it's too damn close to the IV :slap

Dont explain it... she won't tell the difference! lol. just dont display them both at the same time?

That is so funny, once I tried to sneak a purchase from my wife so instead of using old Paypal via my checking account I decided to send a money order, sneaky me, right?

Needless to say, I never heard from the seller again nor received my item. Lesson learned. Thank God it was only $126.

Luis

This isn't an insult or anything related to your loss but I'd rather take the beating from the wife than sacrifice an unsafe way of ordering.

What's worse, spend the money in an unsafe way and not get the goods. A right kicking and screaming from her if she finds out? yet they always seem to find their ways. Great lie detectors.

Or.

Spend the money the safe way, get the goods and be a little poorer. A wording from the wife? or two...

Did they match? :lol

This isn't an insult or anything related to your loss but I'd rather take the beating from the wife than sacrifice an unsafe way of ordering.

What's worse, spend the money in an unsafe way and not get the goods. A right kicking and screaming from her if she finds out? yet they always seem to find their ways. Great lie detectors.

Or.

Spend the money the safe way, get the goods and be a little poorer. A wording from the wife? or two...

You're absolutely right sir, no insult taken. I only did it because it was a low amount, I would had never dreamed of doing it for say $400 or so. Lesson learned though, better to get a verbal assault with the goods in hand than risking a verbal assault and nothing to show for it. :monkey2

Luis

Luis

You guys are hysterical.

Luis...I am sorry to hear that turned out for the worst..but, I guess its a lesson to all of us married guys !!

Anyway anyone else with stories ??

^Excessive is the crazy cost of hair cuts for women! She spends $120 on a cut and color every 6 weeks! Every time, I bite my tongue, but inside I'm like, "there's a new figure!" :lol

btw, the Tumbler is awesome. :monkey3

Yeah what woman do for us... NOT

Dude just never show her the clean VI, VI BD rocks anyways!!! and if your IV uses the TS HS then certainly they look nothing alike ;)

You guys are hysterical.

Luis...I am sorry to hear that turned out for the worst..but, I guess its a lesson to all of us married guys !!

Anyway anyone else with stories ??

I wonder if anyone is going to snitch on us for derailing this thread like this :lol

Yeah what woman do for us... NOT

Dude just never show her the clean VI, VI BD rocks anyways!!! and if your IV uses the TS HS then certainly they look nothing alike ;)

Sounds like a plan :hi5:

Now if I could only find a plastic Tumbler with paint rub issues, not so great interior and broken flaps that doesn't cost the same as my mortgage payment I would be one happy collector :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back