Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i got my tumbler last saturday, ordered a custom case for it which i collected yesterday so i decided to take the tumbler outta the box and display it.

to my dismay, 2 of the LED lights died (1 within seconds of turnin it on n another after turnin the lights off n on for a few times), 1 LED is flickerin (early symptom of dyin?) n 1 LED which is very dim compared to the rest... really frustrated right now...

oh yeah, how u guys managed to get the plastic wrappin outta the inside of the nose part in between the front wheels??!?! i couldnt get it out on mine.

got to ask this; anyone else had trouble putting on the handle bars (the side bars that insert into the main bars)?

Mine are giving me stress :slap

Ya I had a _____ of a time with them. That's why I superglued them. I'll never sell it so I don't care.

i got my tumbler last saturday, ordered a custom case for it which i collected yesterday so i decided to take the tumbler outta the box and display it.

to my dismay, 2 of the LED lights died (1 within seconds of turnin it on n another after turnin the lights off n on for a few times), 1 LED is flickerin (early symptom of dyin?) n 1 LED which is very dim compared to the rest... really frustrated right now...

oh yeah, how u guys managed to get the plastic wrappin outta the inside of the nose part in between the front wheels??!?! i couldnt get it out on mine.

Sorry to hear all the problems...Not sure which part you're referring too but I used scissors on some of the stuff I had to get off. Thread carefully though.

Sounds like it could be a weak and dying battery. Did you swap them for new ones to make sure?

I thought LEDs pretty much last forever...

Sounds like it could be a weak and dying battery. Did you swap them for new ones to make sure?

I thought LEDs pretty much last forever...

the batteries are new... i believe it has somethin to do with the wirin or somethin

well gang, the Queen has come to a very stark & sobering reality. I may have to stop collecting! I've always defended my collection being MOC. But now I'm pay money to keep my massive collection in storage.

I want to have my Tumbler & Pod on display......NOT IN A FREAKIN WHEARHOUSE! So...i must finally get my own apartment. I could have always had my own apt but the higher rent & utilities will wip me out. Things like 1:6 Tumblers & pod will be a thing of the past.

Re: Any mods to the Dark Knight Batmobile 1/6 ?

That would be nice, but you would have to customise the cockpit and the rear and I couldn't bare customise a 500 figure, It will break my little heart.

Re: Any mods to the Dark Knight Batmobile 1/6 ?

(A) There rare, so if you botch it your screwed.

(B) They cost a b1tch, so if you botch it.....your screwed.

you know when Ledger died so much of the films focus went on that sad fact. But, its logical to assume that Nolan destroyed the Tumbler because he had secret plans for a whole new line up of Bat=tech in the 3rd film. Starting with a whole new Batmobile.

SO.......any ideas what he has instore for us???

Late to the party on this one but can anyone point me in the direction of purchasing a tumbler form a reputable dealer at a reasonable price.... and not ebay? This would be really appreciated if anyone can help me out.

Try contacting Eric from Toys2 as I saw one in his store last week but that one was already sold. He can track stuff down for you of you really are interested

Late to the party on this one but can anyone point me in the direction of purchasing a tumbler form a reputable dealer at a reasonable price.... and not ebay? This would be really appreciated if anyone can help me out.

well if you jump back & skim over the last hundred pages or so, you'll see lots of pics of the spoiler damage that nearly all of them had. Once you get a good idea of what your dealing with, I'd suggest heading over to Big Bad Toy Store. they have open box buy at great deals, & best of all their listings always disclose EXACTLY what damage it has if any at all.

good luck......& tell no one I've set you on the path :lol

Thanks Geil, i tried contacting him through another board member but no can do. I also went to order one from him through his website got to the checkout and was refused the item as it was to large to ship to australia. I also went to order one from BBTS and i just missed one there to. I hope someone can help.

But, its logical to assume that Nolan destroyed the Tumbler because he had secret plans for a whole new line up of Bat=tech in the 3rd film. Starting with a whole new Batmobile.

SO.......any ideas what he has instore for us???

The studio might have demanded that as well. The Batmobile was destroyed in Returns and Forever. It gives them the perfect excuse to sell more toys. We will definitely be seeing a new Batmobile and Batcave/Wayne Manor in the 3rd film. Get ready for a whole new onslaught of collectibles. Start saving NOW!

Cool thanks Supreme i will have a look at some of the past pages thats crappy that they gad dammage a little disheartening but i still wnat to have it as part of my collection :) I have an account with BBTS so i will check what they have to offer.....

Sorry mate. Didn't realize you were in Aussieland. You better try to find it in Asian market to reasonable shipping charges. Maybe some of the boardies here from Asia can help.

The studio might have demanded that as well. The Batmobile was destroyed in Returns and Forever. It gives them the perfect excuse to sell more toys. We will definitely be seeing a new Batmobile and Batcave/Wayne Manor in the 3rd film. Get ready for a whole new onslaught of collectibles. Start saving NOW!

Nolan doesn't strike me as the kind of director who would give concessions to a studio's demands, just to sell merchandise. For him, the story will always come first, and he's got quite a bit of clout.

In one those behind the scenes interview with Nolan, I think he said actually wanted to Blow up the Tumbler in the first movie.

Sorry mate. Didn't realize you were in Aussieland. You better try to find it in Asian market to reasonable shipping charges. Maybe some of the boardies here from Asia can help.

No problems Geil, i did find one in oz from a retailer but he wants 1k for it....... so it stays on the shelf. I agree with markup but not a rediculous rip off.

1K????????
Too bad I never book marked these LCS in Asia. I only know few weeks ago I saw Toys2 having Tumblers again and was told that HT brought back left over stock from all channels so they had a few available to him. Did not know he sold out that fast. I was tempted to grab a second one at the time. Hmm maybe dig through toy-world forum/website and see if you can find any ads from asian stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back