Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get one but I dont know where :banghead

Ask you local collectors or hobby store. They may already know someone. The other option is to try to find a business that makes signs or displays. But yeah prices could be quite high.
Another option a member did was ordering one made of 1/8" glass. Glass shops are possibly easier to find? I think they might be a little cheaper too

Ask you local collectors or hobby store. They may already know someone. The other option is to try to find a business that makes signs or displays. But yeah prices could be quite high

Thanks geil!! I will go to a hobby store and ask them for this... I want it to protect the batpod and tumbler from dust :D

To give you a headstart:
Shaun made his case 60cmX80cmX35cm and you can find it here somewhere but probably easier to find a picture from his blog https://testicular-fortitude.blogspot.com/
To be able to angle your tumbler and pose a batman with it I ended up making it roughly
65cmX85cmX35cm
As for the Batpod I ended up making 25cmX25cmX68cm
BTW transparent is the cheapest and the thinner the cheaper as well. Shaun made his in 3mm and mine is in 4.5mm but I am going for 6mm in my next trial :)

To give you a headstart:
Shaun made his case 60cmX80cmX35cm and you can find it here somewhere but probably easier to find a picture from his blog https://testicular-fortitude.blogspot.com/
To be able to angle your tumbler and pose a batman with it I ended up making it roughly
65cmX85cmX35cm
As for the Batpod I ended up making 25cmX25cmX68cm
BTW transparent is the cheapest and the thinner the cheaper as well. Shaun made his in 3mm and mine is in 4.5mm but I am going for 6mm in my next trial :)

Thanks mate!!!! thanks for this great information!! :eek:

OK woman finally went to bed so I can uninhibitedly play with and pose my figures :)
case2d.jpg

living.jpg

BTW the LED strips are from Ikea and not the cheapest but lit up it really brightens up the tumbler similar to the batcave :D just need that fake concrete and hopefully the tile boards are exactly what I need

Wow, thats like the exact same set up that I'm picturing for
my upstairs loft. I can picture it in my mind however you've
just made it literal. That is very nice!

Geil, where did you get the clear cases for your Tumbler and Pod?

Wow, thats like the exact same set up that I'm picturing for
my upstairs loft. I can picture it in my mind however you've
just made it literal. That is very nice!

Geil, where did you get the clear cases for your Tumbler and Pod?

DIY :D check my sig for instructions.

hey geil, the tumbler case that is for sale, is it the one you have pictured in your sig?

I was looking to get a case for my tumbler, and I wanted to an appropriate measurement for it so that I could fit in a batman as well

hey geil, the tumbler case that is for sale, is it the one you have pictured in your sig?

I was looking to get a case for my tumbler, and I wanted to an appropriate measurement for it so that I could fit in a batman as well

Yup the one I got for sale with the dimensions listed in my sig is the one in my pictures :)
I am planning a build for several Tumbler cases for ppl here using 1/4" thick acrylic using an industrial grade transparent tape that I have been using now for the last three cases quite successfully including the Batpod one. This would allow me to ship it flat for less $$ and less risk of damage. It is also relatively easy to finish the assembly. I just finalizing my decision to use Cell Cast type acrylic this time around as I read it's even more glass like.

Yup the one I got for sale with the dimensions listed in my sig is the one in my pictures :)
I am planning a build for several Tumbler cases for ppl here using 1/4" thick acrylic using an industrial grade transparent tape that I have been using now for the last three cases quite successfully including the Batpod one. This would allow me to ship it flat for less $$ and less risk of damage. It is also relatively easy to finish the assembly. I just finalizing my decision to use Cell Cast type acrylic this time around as I read it's even more glass like.

very cool man. thanks for the info. I wish I had the tools/time to attempt this myself, but it would probably end poorly

I have to pack my Tumbler back in its box for storage. I really want to take all precautions to make sure nothing bad happens to it. Can anyone think of a reason not to pack bubblewrap into the interior (I'm leaving Batman inside) and to perhaps use it over the top surface so it doesn't get chaffed (any more) by the packaging?

I packaged mine up long ago for that same reason. You didn't mount the flaps did you? those suckers look hard to get back out. Thats why I never mounted them until I finish decorating and get my units. Look s as if once they go in you'll never get them back out without snapping something.

I never put anything into the interior, however I did lay the package flat on it's back with the car sitting the proper way roof up so I can slide the box back out. I also put thin foam pieces across the roof like you said so no polystyrene would scuff the roof. The only bubble wrap I put back on was for above the rear wheels to protect those huge flap mount rods. Nothing else from the box lid hinders the car as long as you don't turn the box on it's side, car facing side on all the weight throwing it down to one end.

I really don't understand why HT could hide the On/Off switch on their Iron Man Mark I so very well while the switch on the tumbler is so big and obviously visible on the side...

I really don't understand why HT could hide the On/Off switch on their Iron Man Mark I so very well while the switch on the tumbler is so big and obviously visible on the side...

With big blasted On/Off text in pure white! They could have so easily hidden it below the battery cover.

I wish I had this concern cause then I would have a big enough house to display this from all four sides :p I just really need to figure out an easier way to turn on/off any of the lights when the item is in a case :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back