Hot Toys - 1/6 TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, there's too many posters on here that swore on their mother's lives that HT would never make 1/6 Star Wars vehicles. They will do everything in their power to negate this reveal even when its up for PO they'll continue to say "Its not really 1/6. Doesn't matter if the box says 1/6."

The crow eating fest of the century has begun.

totally agree with you. Haters gotta hate and I will be displaying this beast in my house.

Re: Hot Toys - TIE Fighter

No chance that is 5 feet wide. Maybe 3 feet at best.

If that's 1/6 to she has a HUGE head and is REALLY tall or its not to scale. Your telling me that is close to 5' wide?

It would be 5ft tall... the fighter is 30ft tall, so 1/6 would be 5ft.

Honestly it looks like it could be that, or pretty darn close. Still, I can't really see this being produced, but maybe if they shipped it with some assembly required it would be possible.

But, I'm still going to guess this is a mock-up for the show and will be scaled down like the BAT or is just a display item.

OMG... If they ever did find a way to produce that, I'd have to find a way to buy it and display it. I'm seriously considering getting out of and selling anything I have that's not Star Wars (only thing I'd keep would be my 3 beloved ACI Ringwraiths)/cancelling non-SW pre-orders so I can focus on it exclusively. Even if HT doesn't make this, it, along with stuff like the Falcon cockpit shows that they are committed to the license big time and will be taking it in some exciting directions. Not to mention all the cool stuff SSC is still managing to produce (down for Jawas, R5 and AT-AT Driver).

Edit: I'd also be down for a TIE if they pulled a Bat on it and made it 1:12. TIE and Slave 1 in 1:12 would be awesome, too.

If you look off in the distance this thing dwarfs the Hulkbuster. I know the perspective is off but I think you can get an idea that it's at least 2 Hulkbusters tall.

Height of tie is 7.5 meters and 1 meter = 3.28 feet. 7.5 * 3.28 = 24.6 feet divided 1/6 = 4.1 feet tall. Width is 6.4 meters * 3.28 = 20.992 divided 1.6 = 3.5 feet rounding to the nearest tenth.
So it is 1/6. Stop saying it is not. It totally looks 4 feet tall and 3 feet wide. I looked up specs of tie and actually did the math. If you can't afford it then do not complain or state facts that are not true like it has to be 1/12.

No.... a TIE Fighter is 8.99 meters. This is all wrong, its not 1/6th. Its pretty ignorant to say "if you can't afford it then dont complain" and you are the one stating "facts" that aren't true. TIE/LN starfighter - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki Go and see the lenght... 8.99.
Dude, there's too many posters on here that swore on their mother's lives that HT would never make 1/6 Star Wars vehicles. They will do everything in their power to negate this reveal even when its up for PO they'll continue to say "Its not really 1/6. Doesn't matter if the box says 1/6."

The crow eating fest of the century has begun.

Not 1/6th, does not even have the "price: tbd" sticker. Probably not even for sale and certainly not 1/6th.

Where is the 1/6th Falcon??? I though you were so confident?

Now you lie. No one "swore on there mothers lives"

OMG... If they ever did find a way to produce that, I'd have to find a way to buy it and display it. I'm seriously considering getting out of and selling anything I have that's not Star Wars (only thing I'd keep would be my 3 beloved ACI Ringwraiths)/cancelling non-SW pre-orders so I can focus on it exclusively. Even if HT doesn't make this, it, along with stuff like the Falcon cockpit shows that they are committed to the license big time and will be taking it in some exciting directions. Not to mention all the cool stuff SSC is still managing to produce (down for Jawas, R5 and AT-AT Driver).

We still haven't even got the 1:6 '66 Batmobile. Hot Toys just likes to show-off. :lol

jurassic-park.jpg

We still haven't even got the 1:6 '66 Batmobile. Hot Toys just likes to show-off. :lol
Yeah, true! I'm on a huge endorphin rush seeing all this SDCC goodness and probably getting ahead of myself. That's amazing even if just for show, though. So good to see SW getting this kind of attention!

Height of tie is 7.5 meters and 1 meter = 3.28 feet. 7.5 * 3.28 = 24.6 feet divided 1/6 = 4.1 feet tall. Width is 6.4 meters * 3.28 = 20.992 divided 1.6 = 3.5 feet rounding to the nearest tenth.
So it is 1/6. Stop saying it is not. It totally looks 4 feet tall and 3 feet wide. I looked up specs of tie and actually did the math. If you can't afford it then do not complain or state facts that are not true like it has to be 1/12.

You rule! Wish I could give rep!

Where did you get these dimensions?

No.... a TIE Fighter is 8.99 meters. This is all wrong, its not 1/6th. Its pretty ignorant to say "if you can't afford it then do complain" and you are the one stating "facts" that aren't true. TIE/LN starfighter - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki Go and see the lenght... 8.99.

Not 1/6th, does not even have the "price: tbd" sticker. Probably not even for sale and certainly not 1/6th.

Where is the 1/6th Falcon??? I though you were so confident?

Got my facts from galactic empire data bank and wikia star wars with same specs Also from wired.com. they did a story on tie fighter physics.

Plus i googled tie fighter height and width and it is in the first few hits. Not hard to do. A real man can admit when he is wrong. Stop acting like your an expert.

Got my facts from galactic empire data bank and wikia star wars with same specs A real man can admit when he is wrong. Stop acting like your an expert.

Leave him be. He's got a long meal to get through tonight.

2zir8nt.jpg

Got my facts from galactic empire data bank and wikia star wars with same specs Also from wired.com. they did a story in tie fighter physics.

Plus i googled tie fighter dimensions and it is in the first few hits. Not hard to do. A real man can admit when he is wrong. Stop acting like your an expert.

It says 8.99. "wikia star wars with same specs". Its 8.99. No need to lie.

Besides, that site is old and outdated and is up for "his own personal enjoyment." Its not accurate.

Got my facts from galactic empire data bank and wikia star wars with same specs A real man can admit when he is wrong. Stop acting like your an expert.

Official site says 8.99meters: https://www.starwars.com/databank/tie-fighter

What I am basing my dimensions off of is the 1/24 scale studio model which is 18" tall by 14" wide. Times that by 4 an you have 72" tall by 56" wide. This is a verifiable measurement to what was seen on screen. So when I say it is not a direct 1/6 translation of the studio model, it is 100% correct. That is what matters to me.

Back