Hot Toys 1/6 The Suicide Squad King Shark

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the HT, for me it doesn’t compare to the likeness of the Iron Studios statue...

8d1ff366-3224-4e59-90de-e5a9d2093e09-jpeg.534291

Knowing HT, they can still change it any moment before release. What to do what to do.

Iron Studios look like they went overboard with the belly.

giphy.gif

He's built more the way they now think gladiators in the Roman Empire were. With a layer of protective fat over muscle, rather than a full on beer gut.

(If Nanaue had been a gladiator, he'd have been a murmillo). :wink1:

Should have done away with articulation entirely if they were gonna go this route imo.

But there was no doubt he’d go up imo, he’s DC’s Grogu/Groot now.

Put this next to the HT and the HT will blow this away.

giphy.gif

He's built more the way they now think gladiators in the Roman Empire were. With a layer of protective fat over muscle, rather than a full on beer gut.

(If Nanaue had been a gladiator, he'd have been a murmillo). :wink1:
But don’t you think his colours are too grey/monotone? He’s missing that blue which makes him pop. That’s my biggest issue…
I can’t get a statue and HT from the same character…
But then again, the statue isn’t 1/6…

This is gold....

Interesting final comment on their FB post. "Recruit King Shark to save The Suicide Squad display". Very true.

View attachment 534292
"

The Suicide Squad display. Would be insane if they release the whole second team, forgot the name.

Imagine Peacemaker, Harley and Milton, even Polka Dot, Ratchatcher 2 and Rick Flag (cant imagine the last 2, third party 100%)

#restorethesnyderline

The Suicide Squad display. Would be insane if they release the whole second team, forgot the name.

Imagine Peacemaker, Harley and Milton, even Polka Dot, Ratchatcher 2 and Rick Flag (cant imagine the last 2, third party 100%)

#restorethesnyderline
I think they'll wait and see what the sales are on this figure. Buy the shark, save the squad.
If this sells well, they'll make more. I'm guessing Harley is next anyway, but Bloodsport and Peacemaker? I can see them happening if King Shark is succesful. Luckily, so far he seems to be. A well received figure that isn't crazy expensive.

But don’t you think his colours are too grey/monotone? He’s missing that blue which makes him pop. That’s my biggest issue…
I can’t get a statue and HT from the same character…
But then again, the statue isn’t 1/6…

The darker bits might be too light, or they photographed him under too much light to show off the texture.

HT King Shark 6.jpg
HT King Shark 4.jpg

The darker bits might be too light, or they photographed him under too much light to show off the texture.

View attachment 534300View attachment 534299
Good point! And also, HT could always improve on him overtime. Allright HT it is, it’s only 40 dollars more than the Iron Studios one.

But this one is so smooth…
8157BADC-65C0-4381-B361-196512C18FC8.jpeg

Looks like it came straight from the movie.
1/10 scale, such a weird choice.

Back