Hot Toys 1/6 The Suicide Squad King Shark

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is gold....

Interesting final comment on their FB post. "Recruit King Shark to save The Suicide Squad display". Very true.

View attachment 534292
"
Maybe I’ll scroll through and screen shot every stupid thing you’ve said on these boards…the only catch is it would be exhausting to screen shot…every single post you’ve made 😊

Gonna display him with Pool Shark.
1628682825896.png

Instant PO! Really hope he's not the only one they make.

Otherwise he's going to find himself on my Guardians of The Galaxy shelf. lol.

The Suicide Squad display. Would be insane if they release the whole second team, forgot the name.

Imagine Peacemaker, Harley and Milton, even Polka Dot, Ratchatcher 2 and Rick Flag (cant imagine the last 2, third party 100%)

#restorethesnyderline
I guess the bottom line here is (and probably always has been) that HT will only keep making figures from a line assuming they sell well.

But that creates the age old "Catch 22" as many won't buy as they know/think HT won't complete the line, or only do 2 or 3 max.

What HT should do for these "team situations" is to make it like a Kickstarter or Haslabs model. i.e state at the start what the best case scenario could be.eg 5 figures. Then say we need X pre-orders to enable making Peacemaker, and then need X orders of him to make Polka Dot Man etc etc etc. This sort of transparency would enable fans to go in with more knowledge and certainty, and possibly enable more sales of people wanting to finish the line.

But HT are very old fashioned and conservative in their ways. It's all based on what Howard thinks and very little market intel.

What HT should do for these "team situations" is to make it like a Kickstarter or Haslabs model. i.e state at the start what the best case scenario could be.eg 5 figures. Then say we need X pre-orders to enable making Peacemaker, and then need X orders of him to make Polka Dot Man etc etc etc. This sort of transparency would enable fans to go in with more knowledge and certainty, and possibly enable more sales of people wanting to finish the line.
I think that would be harder to track since these aren't releases exclusively sold from one store only.

It's probably a whole different level of costing between Hasbro development and HT development. Also, what if most people want Pokadot man and he's the 5th unlock lol.

If the gun ban is true, HT won't make Blood Sport, which is a shame. It's probably the same case for Harley but the red dress version can go with the spear and as long as they give me gun hands, I'm cool.

Bloodsport would still be an excellent figure without any guns…with that said I’m still fairly certain that the gun “ban” applies to what figures are MARKETED with versus MANUFACTURED with.

I think that would be harder to track since these aren't releases exclusively sold from one store only.
Sure, I guess that feeds into Hot Toys other problem of not dealing with distribution themselves.

Now they are of a considerable size, setting up an online pre-order site for these Haslab style figures from HK surely can't be that hard. Hell, I could do that myself with any of the online plugin "ready to go platforms" out there like Shopify or whatever.

@CrankbaitJon Í'd say tooling for a 1/6 figure would be less than a full Haslab Jabba's Barge or the Razorcrest.

Anyway it's only a suggestion how they could enable more transparency, and reduce their risk. And enable fans to get more figures.

But they probably have contracts with SS for orders + distribution until the end of time anyway, and of course limited production space.

Good point! And also, HT could always improve on him overtime. Allright HT it is, it’s only 40 dollars more than the Iron Studios one.

But this one is so smooth…View attachment 534301
Looks like it came straight from the movie.
1/10 scale, such a weird choice.
It seems Iron Studios has gone all in on 1/10 scale and is offering a ton of variety. You might actually get the whole second team from the movie in this scale.

WB gun ban - talk about difficult to find. Only thing that came up was something from Reddit and a "joke" toy site called Toy Farce, neither of which I'd say were anything I'd refer to as factual. The link, though, has a quote from Mezco about this =

"Per this interview with the Mezco CEO, Warner Bros. has a new policy that toys under a certain price point can't include triggered weapons."

I'm curious about what that price point could be. Frankly anything over $30 I don't consider a "kids" toy but collectible. Unless you are dripping in money, a person wouldn't by a $100 - $500 figure for a kid to play with.

As for King Shark...it's a cool looking figure and well done, but is it worth the HT price? I'd expect it to have either more articulation, or at least some sort of "skin" on it, versus just cast pieces. This is a pick up for sure, but on the after market / YJA

Definitely surprised by King Shark’s price. I realize it’s a Power Pose release instead of a normal MMS release, but in this case I don’t think it matters a whole lot. He doesn’t need to be the most articulated character, and if it’s bringing the price down I’m for it.

Last edited:
I loved the movie and this looks great(pre-ordered)!

I’d have liked some severed body parts included but those are easy enough to come by. Glad he’s getting released!

I'm getting Pennywise so I'm hoping the "book hand" might be able to hold the severed arm from that figures accessories.

Back