Hot Toys 1/6 scale - TDK- Nurse Joker - SDCC EX (Fantasy thread ; _ ;)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 1/6 scale - TDK- Nurse Joker - SDCC EX

Really hope this is true. Such a great part of the movie, and a highly requested (and customized) version of the movie's most memorable character. It's an instant preorder for me.

Really? Looks like a slot wasted.
Would have been nice if Hot Toys revisit some classics. Or even a Ben Affleck Bruce Wayne.

Really hope this is true. Such a great part of the movie, and a highly requested (and customized) version of the movie's most memorable character. It's an instant preorder for me.

Aside from the purple outfit, the nurse costume might be his most memorable costume in the film. It's such a striking image, but also odd and funny.

Aside from the purple outfit, the nurse costume might be his most memorable costume in the film. It's such a striking image, but also odd and funny.

I agree. Both my Hot Toys and my Mattel Nolan collections seem so empty without it.

I'm calling bulls**t, not wanting to shoot anyone's hopes down but I'm certain Nolan and/or whoever is in charge of ledger's estate said that they wouldn't allow this figure due to respect for the late Mr ledger. Am prepared to be wrong, but this thread is just wishful thinking

I'm calling bulls**t, not wanting to shoot anyone's hopes down but I'm certain Nolan and/or whoever is in charge of ledger's estate said that they wouldn't allow this figure due to respect for the late Mr ledger. Am prepared to be wrong, but this thread is just wishful thinking

They did say that. Nolan stated it publicly. But that sort of stuff changes all the time. So I'm keeping my hopes up!

I never understood that whole nonsense about "out of respect" for Ledger, let's not sell merchandise of him dressed like a nurse....but it's ok for him to wear it in the film? It makes no sense at all. :dunno

Give it 10 years and disrespectful figure becomes a tribute figure.

I never understood that whole nonsense about "out of respect" for Ledger, let's not sell merchandise of him dressed like a nurse....but it's ok for him to wear it in the film? It makes no sense at all. :dunno

Yeah i have tried to figure that out at as well and a few things i came up with:

He was wearing a nurse uniform - symbol of protecting life
He then stuck Two-Face's gun to his head
Annnd he blew the place up on the way out

Again it all goes back to the wardrobe. It would have been easy to make light of Ledgers real life tragedy.

Maybe it became a mutual decision to leave it in but no merchandise to 'play' out those events.

Yeah i have tried to figure that out at as well and a few things i came up with:

He was wearing a nurse uniform - symbol of protecting life
He then stuck Two-Face's gun to his head
Annnd he blew the place up on the way out

Again it all goes back to the wardrobe. It would have been easy to make light of Ledgers real life tragedy.

Maybe it became a mutual decision to leave it in but no merchandise to 'play' out those events.

Yeah I would of never thought it was seen as disrespectful because it’s in the movie. He was willing to do that scene while he was living why is it bad now that is has passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think it’s because his Dad mentioned in the Heath documentary that his sister used to dress him up like a nurse when he was a kid plus his daughters name is on his name tag. so my feeling is they didn’t want to use that image of heath as merch but they kept it in the film because of the memories it gives the family and they were ok with it just being in the film only. so it makes perfect sense to me why it’s never been made into merch, but it’s just my opinion on it.

Yeah I would of never thought it was seen as disrespectful because it’s in the movie. He was willing to do that scene while he was living why is it bad now that is has passed.

Just because it's in the film doesn't mean we're entitled to a doll of it. We're not aware of the discussions that went on and we're lucky to have got the figures and statue we have done. A line was drawn and that's that

This should have 'speculation' in the title until it is actually official.

This whole thread...

Hot Toys 1/6 scale - TDK- Nurse Joker - SDCC EX

Just because it's in the film doesn't mean we're entitled to a doll of it. We're not aware of the discussions that went on and we're lucky to have got the figures and statue we have done. A line was drawn and that's that

Relax...I never said we’re entitled to anything. Just surprised that was even a thing. First time I heard of it til this thread. The family obviously has the right to approve and disapprove anything. That’s that as you said. I have my doubts that’s ever been a discussion at all though.

I really hope HT will go all out on Batman 1989 figures for the film's 30th anniversary (although HT doesn't have the best track record of utilizing anniversaries).

The following would be must-haves to complete that film's set of characters:

-Axis Chemicals two-pack: Batman (re-release) and Jack Napier
-Flugelheim Museum two-pack: Joker (flesh make-up headsculpt and smudged make-up headsculpt) and Vicky Vale (blue dress)
-Batcomputer Console with chair and Bruce Wayne
-Costume Vault with Alfred Pennyworth
-Gotham City 200th anniversary parade two-pack: Joker (re-release) and Bob the Goon
-Gotham Cathedral two-pack: Batman (battle-damaged) with Vicky Vale (white dress)

-Batwing vehicle (with Alexander Knox ;) )

I really hope HT will go all out on Batman 1989 figures for the film's 30th anniversary (although HT doesn't have the best track record of utilizing anniversaries).

The following would be must-haves to complete that film's set of characters:

-Axis Chemicals two-pack: Batman (re-release) and Jack Napier
-Flugelheim Museum two-pack: Joker (flesh make-up headsculpt and smudged make-up headsculpt) and Vicky Vale (blue dress)
-Batcomputer Console with chair and Bruce Wayne
-Costume Vault with Alfred Pennyworth
-Gotham City 200th anniversary parade two-pack: Joker (re-release) and Bob the Goon
-Gotham Cathedral two-pack: Batman (battle-damaged) with Vicky Vale (white dress)

-Batwing vehicle (with Alexander Knox ;) )

Whilst I'd love to see some of those figures, finally releasing a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman should be Hot Toys first priority.

I fully agree on that. A Penguin figure as well. I think my next priority after those two would be Alfred.

Exactly. That never made any sense!

I fully agree on that. A Penguin figure as well. I think my next priority after those two would be Alfred.

An Alfred would be most welcome and if Leto has three figures on the back of a 20 minute cameo a third Nicholson Joker is certainly warranted.

Back