1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Rogue One Orson Krennic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually buy online and have items shipped to my US address. Then I cross over and pick up. Since the Canada / US border is closed this is no longer a option. Good News there is nothing in the 1/6 HT world that is worth ordering to pickup. Even with my HT withdrawl I can't find I single figure I want. Oh oh there is one.....Batman Returns Penguin :(

We really should all pick a week where everyone calls customer service and complains about their practice of gouging on shipping. Their phone lines would be overwhelmed.

That's actually not a bad idea. If they don't address their shipping prices, this is the beginning of the end of my shopping there. I'll just go to BBTS or Monkey Depot or something. Sideshow is out of control.

Why not just shop elsewhere? I order mostly from AE, sometimes TimeWalker, sometimes BBTS, and sometimes Forbidden Planet NY (in stock items, they don't do pre-orders online from what I can tell).

Nice to know my jyn deluxe will have this to go with her. As simple as it is, it's a striking fig with a superb hs.

Why not just shop elsewhere? I order mostly from AE, sometimes TimeWalker, sometimes BBTS, and sometimes Forbidden Planet NY (in stock items, they don't do pre-orders online from what I can tell).

My problem with this is that Sideshow has what amounts to a monopoly on Hot Toys products. They set the prices, control stock allotments, and have the very unfair advantage of being able to ship first(sometimes months ahead of their competitors/partners).

If all things were equal I would agree with you.

My problem with this is that Sideshow has what amounts to a monopoly on Hot Toys products. They set the prices, control stock allotments, and have the very unfair advantage of being able to ship first(sometimes months ahead of their competitors/partners).

If all things were equal I would agree with you.
I think I’m going to start using Toys Buying Agent or Alter Ego. Toys Buying Agent is cheaper right off the bat in most cases. Alter Ego offers free shipping on a lot of items.

There’s really not a good reason to go through Sideshow anymore other than exclusives, which honestly seem fewer than in the past anyways. The rewards program seems good on paper until you realize how much they over-charge for a bunch of things. You pay their marked up prices, their high shipping costs (which are more than just about anywhere else), and on top of it now there’s tax, which isn’t their fault but still is another added cost.

I really feel like Sideshow at the least could do something about their shipping rates. Give a lower flat rate or something. As it is they do the absolute bare minimum when it comes to shipping and are far and away the most expensive.

I?ve recently switched to using Toys Wonderland (Haven?t seen any actual review or confirmation of legitimacy for Toys Buying Agent yet). The prices with shipping to UK from TW are usually either cheaper or on par with Sideshow BEFORE shipping and customs.

I?ve recently switched to using Toys Wonderland (Haven?t seen any actual review or confirmation of legitimacy for Toys Buying Agent yet). The prices with shipping to UK from TW are usually either cheaper or on par with Sideshow BEFORE shipping and customs.

I use Toy Buying Agent (Timcent) all the time. I've received a few packages before the shutdown and stop of standard airfreight. Packaging was excellent. Bubble wrapped box in an unmarked brown shipper (not like the Sideshow type, I don't think any of the HK figures come in a shipper box actually) but still the one he uses is extremely sturdy and as good as the SS shipper. The bubble wrapped box fits perfectly.

Remember TBA has free shipping as well. Better than TW in that respect.

I use Toy Buying Agent (Timcent) all the time. I've received a few packages before the shutdown and stop of standard airfreight. Packaging was excellent. Bubble wrapped box in an unmarked brown shipper (not like the Sideshow type, I don't think any of the HK figures come in a shipper box actually) but still the one he uses is extremely sturdy and as good as the SS shipper. The bubble wrapped box fits perfectly.

Remember TBA has free shipping as well. Better than TW in that respect.

Has it ever been confirmed that it?s Timcent? I haven?t seen anything to confirm this.

I might try ordering something from there sometime then, I take it usually no customs fees too?

Has it ever been confirmed that it?s Timcent? I haven?t seen anything to confirm this.

I might try ordering something from there sometime then, I take it usually no customs fees too?

Yep.

Don't know how he can prove it, but there's a chat function (for Chinese waking hours). You can ask him yourself I guess.

Don?t know if it?s everyone?s or not but at least a first batch of Krennics should be hitting AE in the next 7-10 days.

just got my email...

No AE notice for me. No biggie

Uge.gif

What’s the best place to order this at the moment aside from Sideshow? Most of my usual go to’s are sold out.

still showing available at AE ( Alter Ego ) right now with free shipping I believe.

Nope. That was one of my places, and I even asked them whether they might get extras aside from their p.o.s and they said no. If they get cancellations they’ll put them up but otherwise it’s sold out.

The past few figures i received from SS shipped out of Van Nuys - not Thousand Oaks. I think that might be their receiving warehouse now? I paid $18-24 to ship it 7 fricken miles :gah:

OK, good, so I'm not getting gouged the worst.

Ridiculous, I'm being charged $25 to ship close to 3,000 miles. No way you should be paying that.

Yeah, I know, but regardless of the upcharge, the rate is domestic shipping - 3 miles away or 3,000.... so logically I understand. But value-wise, its a burn. Tax on top.

Back