Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (Gunmetal Grey Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (silly thing version)

That still looks nothing like the ice build up. Even still, before and during the ice build up the suit was immaculate. This version looks like air-fix models unpainted.

I'm only saying. :)

Shame they included the head from Mark3.

I never said it did, I said that is the way they should have gone. If you watch the movie the frames where he is ice covered (I'd post them but I'm at work and don't have the utilities) the suit looks grey because of all the ice build up.

This is just the Mark 3 (There doesn't seem to be the appearance of rivets like the Mark 02), colored Grey and weathered up a bit. No continuity but still a product that will be out.

Yup. They could have gone a multiple different ways in using the base Mark 03 and this would not have been where I would have gone....:dunno

How many pieces is this limited to?

And I'm guessing this isn't a MMS Ironman right, since there wasn't even a dark grey version in the movie.

So I guess this is a Silly Thing X Hot Toys collab Ironman. Damn, it looks like they are throwing different marketing strategies for their best sellers ie. Joker with the new MMS DX, and Ironman with the collav concept. Just like what bathing ape, mastermind, number (n)ine and other hi end japanese clothing labels are doing these days.

Thought that Juno and Wyman is a part of the Silly Thing group? Anyways, Silly thing is just another copy of the Japanese label A Bathing Ape (BAPE). Those guys saw how huge and successful Bape was, with their unique marketing strategies with limited items, and members only exclusive. So they jumped on the exclusive + collab bandwagon too.

I hope HT sees what happened to Mcfarlane with their same figure/different color but 'limited' scheme, which leads to disapointment from their loyal fans. And stops right here, before they do anymore damage.

Like Mike, I would be picking this one up though, nevertheless. Just because its Ironman and HT.

Eh. A Stealth Iron Man in this scheme is just as inaccurate as a Grey scheme so to me its all the same.

Anyone know if these exclusives get the hi-res / spec treatment? I mentioned earlier, I like the color and weather effects but to warrant a purchase it needs something else to catch my attention.

The Endo DC exclusive (IMO) was lame therefore, I do not have high expectations for a huge difference between this IM Mark ??? to IM Mark III. IM Mark II is among my fav collectibles but I can not see dropping cash for a gray Mark III.

Maybe they will include ice clip-on attachments :D

They shouldve given us iron monger for the SDCC and silly thing collab. That ought to win the old fans back and some new ones as well.

And to think that its just a different color from the mark 3 with the same head sculpt, and armor is just plain lame, I must say. At least give us the removable mask from mark 2 to go with this one, without those screws, so that we could re paint them for the mark 3.

Nah, I have a feeling what you see in that pic is what you get since the Mark 3 isn't high with attachments or accessories but I do have a feeling that this will be SSC's SDCC Marvel Exclusive.

What a wasted opportunity. If they were going for the inaccurate paint scheme/limited shtick, why not just do Stealth Iron Man colors. It would have tempted me and I'm sure other fans. This is just baffling.

grey was chosen because the owner of silly thing likes grey at the moment.:eek: just be glad its not pink or yellow or some silly color.

Well atleast calling this 'Silly thing' version makes sense:lol

they can stick this up their a##e twice man......cash in or what...................................maybe ill buy it.....im such a sucker!!:sick

I have little interest in this, but if it makes an appearance at SDCC 09 I don't know if I'll be able to control myself.

Easy pass for me, but I think it looks pretty sweet. I'm glad I'm not going to SDCC, because I'd probably break down and buy him.

grey was chosen because the owner of silly thing likes grey at the moment.:eek: just be glad its not pink or yellow or some silly color.

Pink polka dots, rawr!

I believe it'll be available at SDCC as well (maybe as Sideshow exclusive).

If this is the Marvel SDCC EX, it will prove to me that Sideshow is completely out of touch with their Marvel fans. This is just a Mk II with darker colors and some scratches, a really "silly" idea and a cheap trick to make a few $$$. I would have preferred a "battle damaged" Iron Man MKIII or a stealth IM MKIII. Only way I will pick this up is if it extremely limited.

I really don't see this as the SDCC EX. My bet still goes on an archive set.

Last edited:

I think this Silly thing might go well with my SS Grey Stealth!
SDCC, ok maybe I ll grab it!

Back