Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome! :wave

I started with smaller figures and statues myself, now I'm spending hundreds of dollars on these things. Our poor wallets.

I used to really like the black series figures a lot, but I got really exhausted with the poor distribution and “toy hunting” aspect. I figured quality over quantity would be better for me.

Hi folks! New to the forum. This was my first ever figure ordered thru sideshowtoys. Really can’t wait to get it. Sculpt looks incredible.

Couple things about me:

This figure made me want to do a full 180 and I decided to sell my entire Black Series collection to get into Hot Toys.

And since ordering this one I’ve acquired 5 HT/sideshows...

I’m ridiculous.

Hot Toys:

tumblr_oigdbexboE1qcxtm5o1_400.gif

Hi folks! New to the forum. This was my first ever figure ordered thru sideshowtoys. Really can’t wait to get it. Sculpt looks incredible.

Couple things about me:

This figure made me want to do a full 180 and I decided to sell my entire Black Series collection to get into Hot Toys.

I’m ridiculous.

Once you start down the Hot Toys path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will...

Welcome to the dark side of collecting. We have cookies (apparently).

Couple things about me:

I’m ridiculous.

Not ridiculous; I still collect 1/12 also but concentrate on the imports. BS has gone downhill. Maybe the faceprinting will help, but either way you won't regret it!

Welcome to the fold. I'm only just into this slightly longer than your good self.

I had a few Black Series 6" from the first couple of waves but sold them at the same time as selling my Lego custom figures. I now get my kicks either from Lego figures or HT/SSC 1/6 scale. I don't really like the scaling of things in between... If I want small and relatively cheap to grow I really like Lego's design ethic and the customisability of those figures... if I want any kind of realism I get it from 1/6 scale. 7 months in and I've got 11 figures. Waiting on Hoth Leia with three more on Pre-order.

I'm constantly in awe of most of the cats in here who've been at this for years.

Once you start down the Hot Toys path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will...

Welcome to the dark side of collecting. We have cookies (apparently).

Although in HT's defense, they are still by far the leading company in the 1/6 game in terms of quality. Until another company can compete with them in terms of quality, consistency and frequency, that's why many people continue going back to them over and over again, despite griping about their prices or lack of accessories that they used to include in the past.

Couple things about me:

I’m ridiculous.

Nice!!! :rock (Although I doubt your wallet feels that way!!:lol) This figure looks amazing, really looking forward to getting mine too!

Welcome to the forum :wave. It amazing how quickly this collecting lark escalates!! :panic: You start off with one figure and before you know it, you've got whole shelves full of them!! :)

Thanks for all the welcomes! I don’t mean to drift off topic, but are we still waiting for Hot Toys to do ESB Han? Because if I haven’t missed out yet I’m going to jump on the preorder for it as soon as it goes up. Same for Snowspeeder Pilot Luke.

Since I’m starting out I’m trying to stay as centered around ESB as I can, except for the Sandtrooper. Also the RotJ Luke and Emperor look insane.

Welcome to the forum! ESB Han has not yet been released. But it is rumored that he will be the next OT release. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Hi all,

Did anyone else receive a Hoth Leia with added.... coloring?

I've just opened mine and i'm baffled.

HothLeia (1).jpg
HothLeia (2).jpg
HothLeia (3).jpg
HothLeia (4).jpg

its so uniform, was it there so the assembly line would know where to stitch and was applied too generously? crazy that escaped QC makes me think it showed up after all boxed up perhaps?

I first noticed a blue mark on the front of her bodywarmer jacket which looks like a splash of ink in a crease that could have been just a mistake spill, but then when I saw the dot patterns with alternating colors on her suitl I was quite perplexed!
I still can't think of a reason why this would have been done and why it was sent out like this, is it magic re-appearing ink from the sewing process? there's no way she would be packaged like this surely.

image4.jpg

its so uniform, was it there so the assembly line would know where to stitch and was applied too generously? crazy that escaped QC makes me think it showed up after all boxed up perhaps?

That was my thought when I saw it. Almost like it was something that should've been temporary and removed through a process after the outfit was stitched and just didn't happen. Maybe it'll be like "Half Circle Boba Fett" and be worth a mint! :)

Back