Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gorgeous figure! ESB is king and Hoth is one of the best parts. We need a HT Bespin Han more than soon.
0460bf2c357b4bcf768450654cee9986.jpg

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

"Podrías usar un buen beso!"

When the figure is standing up looking straight, does the neck and head appear off centered to the body? Looks like that on mine

Yeah mine has the ink spots too, quite a lot of them. I contacted Loonentoys and they said everyone is saying the same thing.

s-l1600 (5).jpgs-l1600 (6).jpg

I'll be keeping an eye on that when mine arrives from Big Chief Studios. With something like this do you go back to the reseller you bought it from or back to HT directly?

Yikes! These ink dots are bad news. Hope the entire run coming over isn't like that.....

Can imagine Sideshow's canned response already "normal product variance :lol" "just rub an eraser on it"

Looks like an issue with the disappearing ink in the fabric pen they used for marking the stitch lines. Hopefully it's contained to just a few batches and is not widespread, because yikes...

Edit: Searching online it appears you can first try removing it with water, or otherwise white vinegar or hydrogen peroxide should work. But obviously test it in a small area first.

I've tried cleaning one of the spots with a wet wipe and it seems to take it off quite easily. It's still there but a lot fainter. Might try some proper cleaning stuff before I send back

Maybe someone should alert SS so that they can QC the figures before shipping them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I don’t think SSC does QC with HT. They just receive the stock and then ship it out. They don’t open each box and inspect the figure first.

That would be crazy for them to do. I'm sure some people will like the spots. :)

two for two so far...

Hopefully the stuff will just wipes off... but I'd still like to know what caused it. We'll never know though.

So glad I preordered with BBTS in this case. If more show up like this, I'm definitely cancelling and waiting for the next batch.

Back