Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My local store has just announced a cut off for preorders of tomorrow !!
I am suddenly a little, a very little, but optimistic.

Glad I preordered mine. Uh-oh....

:D

So is that it for ESB? Snowtrooper, Yoda and Hoth Leia...? HT is speeding into the expansive ROTJ: Jedi Luke, Emperor and Royal Guard, and Vader of course. That's it?

Noooooo, that's impossible.....that's not trueeeee!!!!!
Give is Lando damn you Hot Toys and don't give him cloudy scalara like you seem
to think all Black people have!!!!!!!

I can pretty much guarantee we'll get Bespin Han and ESB Vader. Lando has a better than average chance. Would like to see Ice Cream Maker guy, but would not put money on that happening.

My local store has just announced a cut off for preorders of tomorrow !!
I am suddenly a little, a very little, but optimistic.

not sure about Shanghai, but in Canada dealers all have 1 month to submit pre orders and then are cut off, been about that long on leia already so may just be that

Remember Arc Reactor Test Tony Stark? He was sprung upon us round about Christmas time and went up for PO a few days later. It transpired that they had made it in secret and SS's entire shipment was already on a ship. We all would have gotten them within two weeks of the PO date if that LA dock strike wasnt in effect.
Ive never seen it happen since or before, but there is a precedent for a very fast release.

The Avengers Iron Man Mark 6 shipped the same day it went up for PO. The entire shipment was already at SSC.

Glad I preordered mine. Uh-oh....

:D

So is that it for ESB? Snowtrooper, Yoda and Hoth Leia...? HT is speeding into the expansive ROTJ: Jedi Luke, Emperor and Royal Guard, and Vader of course. That's it?

I think it's to do with not treading on Sideshow's toes - we get a Snowtrooper, which Sideshow did a while ago, Yoda (ditto) and then Hoth Leia which I think wouldn't have happened if Carrie hadn't, tragically, passed away. The Snowtrooper will help Sideshow sell the Snowtrooper Commander or whatever its called, and I think Yoda probably seemed like a good fit with Snowspeeder Luke. Sideshow did Hoth Luke and Han relatively recently, and rereleased ESB Fett, meaning HT had to do ROTJ Fett instead of the ESB version and maybe that Holiday Special ROTJ Fett repaint :)yuck) if it ever goes up for preorder.

So they've skipped doing ESB in depth and gone straight to ROTJ, whose 35th anniversary is next year, when the figures will probably ship. They've also got THREE new Star Wars films in 18 months to make figures for (TLJ, Han Solo, Episode IX). There's no way HT wouldn't do more ESB figures:
Hoth Chewie
ESB Threepio with net
ESB Vader
Dagobah Vader
Bespin Han
Hoth Han and Luke
Bespin Luke revisited (with backpack and Yoda?)
ESB Fett
... and of course Lando.
It's the usual waiting game, but any of those - with the exception of Lando - have in-built fanbases and OCD collector stalkers (Vader collectors, Fett nuts etc). They'll all get made, in fact I think they'll be the last great line of figures, out in time for ESB 40th, before Star Wars goes on hiatus for a few years.

General Veers is the one I want most.
Then Lando and Lobot. I would even buy a cloud car pilot but that is a huge long shot.

Sideshow can make 2-1B :)

I could see them previewing General Veers but not actually making him.

Has anyone else ever wondered if the Gonk droids at SDCC last year were just a mass hallucination?

I can pretty much guarantee we'll get Bespin Han and ESB Vader. Lando has a better than average chance. Would like to see Ice Cream Maker guy, but would not put money on that happening.

You think so for Lando?

Han and ESB Vader are a certainty. My inclination would be to say Lando has a slightly less than average chance.

The Avengers Iron Man Mark 6 shipped the same day it went up for PO. The entire shipment was already at SSC.

that was the second "avengers" version though, so could be made off already existing molds and shipped out in secret, doubt the same is true with any brand new first release of any figure

A theory, if this is being released soon:

Perhaps this figure was ready for preorders earlier this year, but HT held back the reveal as they may have felt it was too close to Carrie's death to put up a pre-order for a figure using her likeness. They did not want to look like they were "cashing in", despite this figure being in the works prior to her death.

They may have delayed its reveal but kept the production on track for a late summer/fall release.

Is there a source for all this speculation?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Is there a source for all this speculation?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Top men

hqdefault.jpg

Beautiful.... I for one really miss her and her exuberant personality. Can't wait for this release.

image.jpg

Back