Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still get the monthy coupons from the orders i receive so that has not been a big deal and the NRD does not bother me at all. if i am going to buy a figure a little money down is not go to hurt, it's $20 or $30 less i owe when it finally comes in. Budget Stark mentioned some place that require 50% down on orders and have cancelation fees a lot higher than SSC. I would still order from a place that required that much if it was something i wanted. Lots of companies have NRD for products they sell. Tesla took $1000 from people for a car nobody had seen or driven.

Not defending SSC but i just don't understand the big deal still plenty of places to order without a NRD

I preordered this last night. I think of Nrds as a small bill. And like you guys said, it does take money off the final bill.

For those who say,"if nrds are a big deal, you shouldn't be buying a 200 buck figure", I say, I get it but at the same time, like I said, for us poor folks who love nice toys, a 20 dollar bill is still a bill. I had to plan out my nrd for this Leia and budget it in and I had to construct my flexpay to work around my other bills best I could. The way I've budgeted it, I'll be paying on either her or Starlord every other payday. I'm trying to decide if I can fit Jack Sparrow in there too. It's a game of budgeting, this hobby for many of us.

Yeah I agree about it taking off the bill. If you're for sure going to get a figure it's not bad and thus far it hasn't burned me. Like I said though to me it's more of an annoying thing. Like they have to get that $20 or so from you just in case because they're not making enough on sales that go through with their markups or their $20 plus shipping which costs like not even half that most other places.

Hot Toys Japan just updated their release schedule and bumped Leia up to August 2017 instead of Jan-March of 2018.

bcc090c46f5897f7807241f5073f0d7c.jpg

I've just checked all the local schedules here. All still on Q4.17-Q1.18

It would tho be a nice surprise to get a figure sooner than expected...

I'm with SilverStar. Not buying the early release ruse.

However, I did just pre-order her the other day and just put together a custom Bespin/Hoth Han to display her with so I won't be complaining if she is early.

Last year Hot Toys announced Alien Warrior 2.0 at the end of March and it was on the shelf inside Toy Sapiens at the end of April for Alien Day. Of course they aren't the same figure and more, seemingly, goes into producing Hoth Leia, but it isn't without precedent. Perhaps the Japanese market is getting it first just like then.

Release a mere three months after PO?

giphy.gif

Remember Arc Reactor Test Tony Stark? He was sprung upon us round about Christmas time and went up for PO a few days later. It transpired that they had made it in secret and SS's entire shipment was already on a ship. We all would have gotten them within two weeks of the PO date if that LA dock strike wasnt in effect.
Ive never seen it happen since or before, but there is a precedent for a very fast release.

I'm definitely in for getting Leia early if that's the case. And if it's true hopefully everybody that PO'd can save up by then. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they want Leia out there and well and truly available prior to her final big screen appearance in episode 8.

We'll know for sure if sideshow alters their payment plans for flexpayers I think. I was counting on it hitting early next year, late this year at the earliest. If it hits too early, I may have to alter my figure buying for that part of the year.

It'd be good for them to push a bunch of the SW releases out early to make way for all the Last Jedi figures that they'll come out with.

Remember Arc Reactor Test Tony Stark? He was sprung upon us round about Christmas time and went up for PO a few days later. It transpired that they had made it in secret and SS's entire shipment was already on a ship. We all would have gotten them within two weeks of the PO date if that LA dock strike wasnt in effect.
Ive never seen it happen since or before, but there is a precedent for a very fast release.

True, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I'm extremely dubious though.

Back