Hot Toys - 1/6 Episode II AOTC - Super Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And when Cody picks up Obi Wan’s lightsaber, it’s the advantage of playing to the camera.

Posing aside think I’ll wait for in hand reviews, want to see the back panels in more detail. Also I just can’t get over these seams. They break the metallic illusion for me.

1706088148236.jpeg

Last edited:
Definitely a tempting figure but the gold faceplate puts me off, to my eye the faceplate should have been more the same colour as the rest of the body and then the 'dome' on top of the head should have then been darker instead. Missed a trick not including the B2-HA missile launcher left arm as well, honestly surprised they didn't considering they made that forearm removable for the damaged elbow gimmick.

Might pick 1 of this up if it's still around & on sale if/when standard tan B1 battle droids are released, I think 1 of these with 2 B1s and maybe a B1 commander would be a nice set, though with my current display set-up being filled with clones the only place any droids would go would be dead at their feet

This is one of those things that looks cool in action and on screen but not so great as a display piece.

Wow, this guy has no buzz at all. Either that or 1:6 Star Wars has no buzz at all. One review and not even much on Facebook or here about it. He is either going waitlist soon because nobody preordered or he will sit and join lando, Rex, and the mandalorian figures for eternity, as they gather dust in warehouses around the world. Part of me says cancel and wait for steep discounts next Halloween or just keep it and enjoy it when he ships.

I’m going to grab one. My plan was always a couple standard Battle Droids and one of these to pair with them. Already have two Geonosis BD’s. Wondering if we’ll get any TPM BD’s for the anniversary.
Wow, this guy has no buzz at all. Either that or 1:6 Star Wars has no buzz at all. One review and not even much on Facebook or here about it. He is either going waitlist soon because nobody preordered or he will sit and join lando, Rex, and the mandalorian figures for eternity, as they gather dust in warehouses around the world. Part of me says cancel and wait for steep discounts next Halloween or just keep it and enjoy it when he ships.
I’m actually surprised it hasn’t already hit waitlist. Lately a lot of pre-orders close before the figures actual release.

Does feel like we are in a bit of a lull with Star Wars figures lately if you ask me. Guessing that will change when Padme and Anakin from AOTC release.

I was going to get one until I saw the blogger photos and Sideshow video of how badly constructed it is compared to the B1 and K2

-Battery compartment is just for the one little light. It makes a big seam on top of the shoulders. Couldn't it have been a removeable head or something with a smaller battery behind the face plate? Like they did with K2
-Extendo elbow is obstructed by the sculpt, making it useless, can't bend past 90 degrees still
-Fake bendy abdomen, my lamp can do it why can't this? Now he can't look down comically at his feet when some clone throws a thermal detonator below him
-No die cast legs, no need for them I guess since he can't shift his center of gravity

With the B1 you can hit any pose with it, the engineering is amazing. Not so much with the super battle droid.

Last edited:
It is odd that they’re using larger batteries for such a small light-up function. Wonder if Hot Toys is trying to get away from button batteries when they can.
I wonder if it has to do to shipping to other countries? Isn’t something up with those batteries?

Back