Hot Toys 1/6 Christopher Reeve Superman - Making it Movie Accurate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never minded the crumbly look of the Kryptonians but hated the rhinestones around the S.

The HT Jor-El looks like something they worked up for Returns prior to just having Brando's head in crystal.

:exactly:
Yeah, I think so too. I actually bought some scotchlite tape years ago to try and emulate that suit, but the scale and structure of the tape was all wrong for 1/6th. Cool stuff though.

Great update Martin. Good to see you got the boots working, they look fantastic and I love the idea of doing the subtle weathering to exactly match the surface discolouring of the real boots :clap

Still, one of the biggest let downs for me on this figure is the cape. I can just imagine how much better it would look with a beautiful and naturally draping cape!

hey martin i think those boot tops look great ,id like to see them with the costume on as well ,as it seems to make the boots a little taller:yess:,now is there enough of your bus pass to share with the rest of us :) ,as for the underarm problem ,i had the same thing with the kingdom come superman by dc direct ,i dremeled some of the latts away and then padded the removed part of the latts with foam rubber ,which restored the shape but allowed the arms to come down to the sides .might be worth a try ,LMK if you need a more detailed description as i think i posted pics in the kingdom come dc direct superman thread ,and please lmk about the bus pass thing :) cheers chris :)

i finaly found the pictures of the mod i made to dc direct superman ,details in quote above ,pics below:)
DSC05733.jpg
DSC05725.jpg
DSC05724.jpg
DSC05732.jpg
as i said the foam rubber restores the shape of the latts but is soft enough to let the arms down to the sides ,not sure if it would work on the hot toys supes ,but thought it worth bringing to your notice ,cheers chris :)

cheers man ,mighty nice of you to say that ,im waiting on a spare supes body to maybee give it a go on the hot toys version ,cheers chris

Libbydog - Taking that material off the ribs really makes a much better stance. I'd suggest just a bit of smoothing with some gap filler (like squadron green putty)

I wish the paint ops had been better on the DCD KC Superman and Batman. So much lip gloss.

cheers ,and point taken about the smoothing off ,with the kc superman i removed all the plastic marked with black marker pen ,and made a abb shape of foam rubber that covered the space where the abb was ,the tightness of the suit holds it in place and the foam covers the damaged area and restores the shape of the abb ,but your right it coudnt hurt to smooth it off ,given how easy these suits are to snag cheers chris

i finaly found the pictures of the mod i made to dc direct superman ,details in quote above ,pics below:)
DSC05733.jpg
DSC05725.jpg
DSC05724.jpg
DSC05732.jpg
as i said the foam rubber restores the shape of the latts but is soft enough to let the arms down to the sides ,not sure if it would work on the hot toys supes ,but thought it worth bringing to your notice ,cheers chris :)

Looks great, did you putty the part you cut off? What does it look like?

hi tony gotta say i love the work you and crystal are doing over in your thread ,awesome:clap:hi5: ,as to the abbs ,i just cut them off and used foam rubber pushed in the space ,to restore the shape ,the tightness of the suit holds the foam in place ,but is soft enough to allow the arms to come down at the sides ,hope this helps cheers chris :)

hey thanks ,as for the cape its just the stock one that comes with the dc direct KC supes ,as is the suit and boots ,its really is a nice figure ,just wants a little fixing up IMO

hi tony gotta say i love the work you and crystal are doing over in your thread ,awesome:clap:hi5: ,as to the abbs ,i just cut them off and used foam rubber pushed in the space ,to restore the shape ,the tightness of the suit holds the foam in place ,but is soft enough to allow the arms to come down at the sides ,hope this helps cheers chris :)

That's awesome, ver similar with what we did with our 13" body as well. Love your work, it's an inspiration to many customizer! Thank you :clap:clap

DSC05733.jpg
DSC05725.jpg
DSC05724.jpg
DSC05732.jpg

Wow, he looks fantastic! How did you fill out the waist? I remember out of the box the waist seemed puny and the clothes ill fitting. This is something I would buy.

Looks like the collar area is brought higher to the neck line too. Check it out:

dcdsupes.jpg

Sorry to derail the thread I just never seen this figure modded so well before and I really like it.

Last edited:
hi and thanks for the kind words about my mods ,to be honest other than the mods above all i did was wrap some thin foam rubber around the waist and hip section ,to better blend the chest to the thighs ,add some padding to the base of the crotch ,to lengthen the body slightly ,these figures allways seem too leggy to me ,i also wrapped the knees to hide the joint and smooth them out ,the suit is pretty forgiveing and covered these mods nicely and i was able to move the neck line up to where you see it in the pics ,i later got my nephew to repaint the s emblem red and yellow ,and posted pics in the KC supes thread ,but i cant seem to find them right now ,agian thank for the kind words cheers chris

Superman is alive even before the day I was born. Can it be more futuristic when it comes to his wardrobe? What do you think?

Back