1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that jacket is a really nice touch. But as a person with only one figure, I don?t want anything to obscure the beautiful uniform. That said, I think it would be awesome to put the unhelmeted sculpt on a separately purchased body along with that cool jacket and create a civilian Carol Danvers.

Yeah that's what I'm going to do with one of my head sculpts, put together a casual Carol Danvers! I'm just undecided on what 1/6 female body to use.

I got her in on Thursday and having having a lot of fun posing her! However I?m having some small concerns with flight poses. Since her waist is so small, the grabber sits on her chest where she widens up top. This seems like a decent amount of pressure on the suit for a flight pose. The material seems somewhat delicate and I?m not sure how to beat accomplish a flight pose and take care of the suit. Any recommendations or feedback if any of you have her in a flight pose? TIA!

I got her in on Thursday and having having a lot of fun posing her! However I?m having some small concerns with flight poses. Since her waist is so small, the grabber sits on her chest where she widens up top. This seems like a decent amount of pressure on the suit for a flight pose. The material seems somewhat delicate and I?m not sure how to beat accomplish a flight pose and take care of the suit. Any recommendations or feedback if any of you have her in a flight pose? TIA!

I've got it holding her down at her hips. That red section is a harder plastic and should be less susceptible to damage than the blue suit material. I think. :lol

Attachments

• cm3.jpeg
    cm3.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 228
Yes that jacket is a really nice touch. But as a person with only one figure, I don?t want anything to obscure the beautiful uniform. That said, I think it would be awesome to put the unhelmeted sculpt on a separately purchased body along with that cool jacket and create a civilian Carol Danvers.

Yeah I gotta say I'm not really feeling the jacket as much as I used to. I thought I'd want the extra display option, but it just comes across as cheap in pics and the figure always looks much better without it.

But I'll finally be getting my figure today so I'll see how it is in hand. Or maybe I'll be able to weather it up a bit more.

Yeah I gotta say I'm not really feeling the jacket as much as I used to. I thought I'd want the extra display option, but it just comes across as cheap in pics and the figure always looks much better without it.

But I'll finally be getting my figure today so I'll see how it is in hand. Or maybe I'll be able to weather it up a bit more.

I bought the deluxe but never had any intention of displaying with the jacket on. It's a good option if I ever want to do a casual Danvers. The suit is stunning so no way I'd cover it up.

I am having an internal discussion right now. There are two lines on one side of her right leg. It?s not perfect but bothers me a little because one of the lines runs across the gold stripe. Is this worth contacting SSC over? Also, I think her belt is crooked and doesn?t sit straight horizontally. Can this be adjusted? I?ll play around with her more tonight or see.

I wasn?t able to add photos on the mobile site. I?m trying again through the app. Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a look at mine, and yeah the sculpt and outfit both look absolutely fantastic in hand and make this well worth having. The body is certainly stiffer than I'd like, but not so much that I can't still get some nice poses out of it.

The one thing I really notice now though are her overly long arms (I suppose because of the added light feature), so think I may have to keep her in more actiony poses where they're not just hanging straight down by her side. Although it's possible extending the ankles will help with that issue as well...

I am having an internal discussion right now. There are two lines on one side of her right leg. It?s not perfect but bothers me a little because one of the lines runs across the gold stripe. Is this worth contacting SSC over? Also, I think her belt is crooked and doesn?t sit straight horizontally. Can this be adjusted? I?ll play around with her more tonight or see.

Oof, I'd say if those blemishes bother you more than enough, go for attempting to get it replaced.

I bought the deluxe but never had any intention of displaying with the jacket on. It's a good option if I ever want to do a casual Danvers. The suit is stunning so no way I'd cover it up.

I actually came around to really liking the jacket, I think it looks pretty rad lol

LtzBbVY.jpg

xyUJ19X.jpg

h7QdddW.jpg

It's also very cool to recreate Captain Marvel's final scenes in the film.

YJJSQf8.png

lhxlyUb.jpg

Just had a look at mine, and yeah the sculpt and outfit both look absolutely fantastic in hand and make this well worth having. The body is certainly stiffer than I'd like, but not so much that I can't still get some nice poses out of it.

The one thing I really notice now though are her overly long arms (I suppose because of the added light feature), so think I may have to keep her in more actiony poses where they're not just hanging straight down by her side. Although it's possible extending the ankles will help with that issue as well...

Glad you're happy with CM! :)

I got my captain marvel in the mail today. Very happy to finally have her. I got the deluxe version and ended up selling the jacket to offset the cost of getting a deluxe version. As I really wanted the cat. I showed my wife the head sculpt and she said it didn’t look anything like Brie. One thing she noticed that I never even thought about it she looked at it and said “isn’t she blonde?” I’ve looked at pictures from the movie and realize she has a lot more blonde in the movie than this head sculpt is. I wonder if that’s a big reason why this head sculpt looks so off to me?14FDE11D-CCA8-4E29-902F-F1B00C4460A2.jpg

Took my best shot at angling the hips and twisting the torso to create some more dynamic poses, but it was definitely a struggle. I also extended the ankles so that she looks a bit more in proportion.

20200706_194613 (4).jpg

20200706_210947 (3).jpg

20200706_211256 (2).jpg

20200706_212034 (2).jpg

I got my captain marvel in the mail today. Very happy to finally have her. I got the deluxe version and ended up selling the jacket to offset the cost of getting a deluxe version. As I really wanted the cat. I showed my wife the head sculpt and she said it didn?t look anything like Brie. One thing she noticed that I never even thought about it she looked at it and said ?isn?t she blonde?? I?ve looked at pictures from the movie and realize she has a lot more blonde in the movie than this head sculpt is. I wonder if that?s a big reason why this head sculpt looks so off to me?View attachment 489504

It seems HT paints blonde-haired characters with a shiny type almost light brown color, from photos of past releases. The upcoming EG CM, from the proto, looks to be more accurately painted. But for me I'm not too bothered, plus in certain scenes from the film it looks as though her hair has a hint of a darker shade mixed in.

I got my captain marvel in the mail today. Very happy to finally have her. I got the deluxe version and ended up selling the jacket to offset the cost of getting a deluxe version. As I really wanted the cat. I showed my wife the head sculpt and she said it didn’t look anything like Brie. One thing she noticed that I never even thought about it she looked at it and said “isn’t she blonde?” I’ve looked at pictures from the movie and realize she has a lot more blonde in the movie than this head sculpt is. I wonder if that’s a big reason why this head sculpt looks so off to me?View attachment 489504

Your wife is right

Back