1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure looks nice but she?s the worst actual action figure we have had in a while. The lack of articulation on the ankles kills the fun. Which is a shame as there?s no need for the boots to have such hard plastic.

Has anybody done anything here? I cannot help but feel if you cut into the boot a little you could get some movement there.

If you add ankle extensions it effectively moves the ball joint up to the top of the boot, then you'll have plenty of ankle articulation (plus IMO she'll be at a more acceptable height). See posts #2353, #2388 and #2421 (among others) in this thread.

I have cancelled pre-orders. One time it was financial reasons, the other was the final product was not what was expected. Both times I lost my initial deposit, so its fair to both parties, and I did not argue to try and get that deposit back.

If you put a deposit amount down, and cancel your pre-order without expectation of getting your deposit back, then that is what I would consider a fair situation for both parties and one I would not critize anyone for.

Amen. I cancel pre-orders, but the figure always sell out anyway, so I'm the fool

Yes Rheul01

The link Zurdo supplied shows the extenders I used.
In my case I installed the pair that are second from the left (1/2?). They work very well and give her a nice height boost. But you will want to do something to address the looseness of the ankle. Seems as though there are several approaches to this, but I followed a suggestion by The Buffinator and added a 1/2 inch square of fabric into both sockets before putting the pegs in ...it worked great!

Thanks for the info! I'll be doing this for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In over ten years of collecting, this figure is the first time i've felt like this: i'm so sick of waiting for this figure, i have zero interest in it. I can't wait to finally get it so i can resell it and forget about it. It's not a fun feeling about the hobby. Anybody else ever have that?

I find it hard to believe 10 years of collecting hasn't caused you to become more patient. I used to be very impatient thr first 2 years of collecting but since then i learned how to forget about my orders until its in hand.

Thanks, Zurdo. Appreciate it. Did you get the half inch size to use on her?

Hehe I haven't tried the extenders, lol

Buffinator and Omega have graciously showed the effects:

Carol is in the house! Here's a quick pic in a rather neutral pose:

View attachment 486453

This is actually my deluxe order from Sideshow - my regular version from PCZ (along with Punisher War Machine) should be arriving tomorrow. When that comes I'll set it up with the BL sculpt & leather jacket. BTW, I added ankle extensions which IMO makes her look the appropriate height (although she already looked as tall or taller than my BWs, Gamora, Maria Hill, Scarlet Witch, etc.). I used the ones which are the third from the left in the photo below, which fit snugly in her shoes without use of an additional ball joint (this effectively made them 1/2" extensions, but I didn't have those available). Using these raised the ball joints to the top of the shoes, allowing for greater range of motion. Note that the pegs in CM's legs seemed to be glued in place, so replacing them with longer pegs didn't appear to be an option.

View attachment 486458

Here's a quick comparison shot:

View attachment 486466

I should mention that the ball joint fit on my adapters is a bit loose. You may need to put a piece of tape or fabric in there so it's a tighter fit.

In so many pictures I have seen I this forum of this figure I really liked the overall look of the figure except her size relative to other figures, she just appeared to be too short. So I decided to copy The Buffinator and add ankle extensions to add some height. I went with one size smaller than he did but I am extremely happy with the result.

Below I will post pictures of Captain Marvel next to Captain America (CW) for comparison:

The difference is not huge but it is noticeable, so now she seems to be more of an appropriate height as she appeared in the movie.

gZElWzm.jpg

dEJS13Z.jpg

Zurdo, thank you for responding so comprehensively to RandomHero!

And yeah, I love how that slight height adjust really enhances the overall look of the Captain Marvel figure ...and it was so easy to do!

Btw, that is an awesome stand you got for her!!!

Just got a rad Captain Marvel themed display stand for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GvWQd5d.jpg

Are those from eBay? I?ve seen some of the themed stands for various figures and the designs look really nice. I thought about picking up a few. How is the quality?

Zurdo, thank you for responding so comprehensively to RandomHero!

And yeah, I love how that slight height adjust really enhances the overall look of the Captain Marvel figure ...and it was so easy to do!

Btw, that is an awesome stand you got for her!!!

hpnoEyu.gif

Are those from eBay? I?ve seen some of the themed stands for various figures and the designs look really nice. I thought about picking up a few. How is the quality?

Yeah I got mine from eBay (from a HK seller), here's the link to the seller's page I bought mine from:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/basedisplaystand?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

The quality is pretty good, about what one would expect from a similar style stand. I presume some sort of printing technique is used to make these, and the image quality on the stand is clear and crisp, plus it's done in a matte, textured finish so a figure has good grip on it. What's also neat is the front nameplate can slide off, so one can put on a custom metal nameplate if they wish. The seller even messaged me with a picture of what I would be receiving, and it turned out great! (Though shipping was lengthy, probably due to the pandemic)

hpnoEyu.gif

Yeah I got mine from eBay (from a HK seller), here's the link to the seller's page I bought mine from:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/basedisplaystand?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

The quality is pretty good, about what one would expect from a similar style stand. I presume some sort of printing technique is used to make these, and the image quality on the stand is clear and crisp, plus it's done in a matte, textured finish so a figure has good grip on it. What's also neat is the front nameplate can slide off, so one can put on a custom metal nameplate if they wish. The seller even messaged me with a picture of what I would be receiving, and it turned out great! (Though shipping was lengthy, probably due to the pandemic)

I recently got some Walking Dead stands from ToysWonderland and they were terrific. I also got a couple of Breaking Bad stands from eBay (HK seller as well) and look forward to checking out the quality on those. It's a great option and usually less than $25 USD...

I recently got some Walking Dead stands from ToysWonderland and they were terrific. I also got a couple of Breaking Bad stands from eBay (HK seller as well) and look forward to checking out the quality on those. It's a great option and usually less than $25 USD...

Wow, that looks amazing.

Yeah! These third party/aftermarket stands are good. I got mine for about that price too! :)

Only one - or 9??? :)

He probably has commissioned 9 different custom stands. He'll probably reveal 1/week now for the next 2 months. :lol

:lol :lol It'd be cool to have nine of these stands but for my CM display I'm going to use this one, and some clear acrylic stands from OSK. Come to think of it, it'd also be great to have custom stands :lol

Does anyone know why the Deluxe of this is cheaper on Toys Buying Agent than the standard? I can?t work it out, they are both new?? Clearly I?m missing something!?

Does anyone know why the Deluxe of this is cheaper on Toys Buying Agent than the standard? I can?t work it out, they are both new?? Clearly I?m missing something!?

If it's like ToysWonderland, the deluxe is now "second run" because it's been out for a bit and the prices are cheaper because you're basically getting it the same time as Sideshow, for example. The standard is on "first run" status which means it dropped recently in Hong Kong and you're paying a premium to have it early. It's funny when it works out like this, but I think that's the reason. I'm mostly speculating based on what I've seen so full disclosure there.

A minor gripe from the delux set is that I think Goose doesn't look like Goose in my opinion, but still a nice inclusion.

D3Jm7ry.jpg

A minor gripe from the delux set is that I think Goose doesn't look like Goose in my opinion, but still a nice inclusion.

D3Jm7ry.jpg

Yeah Zurdo, I have heard mostly negative comments about Goose. It seems that most people were happy that he was included in the Deluxe version but are unhappy with his appearance. I have heard some say that it barely looks like a cat (which I think I is a bit strong). I can’t really say personally because I have to basic version so I have not seen Goose in hand. But I do have to say based upon pictures that I don’t think this looks much like the cat in the movie.

Back