1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Spectacular job boycotting this one, fellas.

RemoteGleefulJaguar-small.gif

I honestly thought it would be like Solo after TLJ all over again (because of all the vitriol I was reading online). Solo was okay, much like CM, and I was like one of the dozen in the world who isn’t a critic who actually didn’t mind TLJ (please don’t hate me).

Glad to see Captain Marvel approaching a half billion worldwide. Saw it yesterday (8.5/10).
Would be nice to see Yon-Rogg, Minn-Erva, Ronan and/or Talos figures, although doubtful they'd come from HT. Maybe one of the knock off companies.
Hopefully a grown Monica Rambeau will show up in CM2.

Every Aussie I know uses it a lot, like hi C or look a you C, come here C... but not in a hurtful way.

Glad to see Captain Marvel approaching a half billion worldwide. Saw it yesterday (8.5/10).
Would be nice to see Yon-Rogg, Minn-Erva, Ronan and/or Talos figures, although doubtful they'd come from HT. Maybe one of the knock off companies.
Hopefully a grown Monica Rambeau will show up in CM2.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just came back from CM and I enjoyed it. Nothing special but i'm still happy i saw it. Might actually pick this up now.

I just watched the movie in IMAX and I really enjoyed it! There was no moment in the movie where I felt bored. I think that the pacing was great.

It is one of the better and more enjoyable origin movies for me. I do not think that CM can be compared to ensemble movies such as the Avengers movies or Civil War because it will be like comparing a comedy to a drama. In CM, Carol Danvers was the main superhero and focus of the movie. In ensemble movies such as CW, there are a lot of superheros so there is less screen time for each individual but what makes it fun to watch is how the different superheroes interact.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Pre-ordered the figure as soon as it was available, saw the movie on Thursday night.

Movie was entertaining, if a bit too much on the silly comedy side in a few parts (I’m one of the few who didn’t care for Ragnarok for the same reason). I felt that the music detracted from several scenes (particularly undermined what should have been a tense fight scene).

Lots to like in the movie, lots to dislike or be bored by (IMO, of course). Better than Iron Man 2 & 3, Hulk, Age of Ultron, Homecoming, Ant-Man, Ragnarok, GotG2 and Dark World for me (based on the simple “which would I rather watch again?” metric). Nowhere near the Russo movies or Winter Soldier.

If everything was taken in context I think a lot of the current inflammatory ‘articles’ would not exist to create any ‘clicks’.

But they rely on individuals who don’t read past the headline or the first paragraph.

Though to play devils advocate it wasn’t the smartest thing in the world to use the “40 year old white men” line (in what I found to be reasonable in context, but), which represents a large enough chunk of the audience who are probably sick of being the proverbial punching bag to make various points, in American society.

Refreshing to read, well balanced and articulated... or maybe I just think so because I agree.

Pre-ordered the figure as soon as it was available, saw the movie on Thursday night.

Movie was entertaining, if a bit too much on the silly comedy side in a few parts (I’m one of the few who didn’t care for Ragnarok for the same reason). I felt that the music detracted from several scenes (particularly undermined what should have been a tense fight scene).

Lots to like in the movie, lots to dislike or be bored by (IMO, of course). Better than Iron Man 2 & 3, Hulk, Age of Ultron, Homecoming, Ant-Man, Ragnarok, GotG2 and Dark World for me (based on the simple “which would I rather watch again?” metric). Nowhere near the Russo movies or Winter Soldier.

Finally someone who also doesn’t like Thor 3 as much as everyone else. I thought I was alone in that regard. I enjoyed it, but not to how everyone was raving about it, as the ‘jokes’ were a bit much for me. Enjoyed the underlining story, pace and of course the two major action scenes but I could’ve lived without the comedic sections added in all over the place, and I’m not referring to the standard MCU comedy. It just didn’t work for me, at least not on the same level as it did with nearly everyone else.

But then again I didn’t really mind the cat gags in Captain Marvel, and I ‘hate’ cats! :slap

Finally someone who also doesn’t like Thor 3 as much as everyone else. I thought I was alone in that regard. I enjoyed it, but not to how everyone was raving about it, as the ‘jokes’ were a bit much for me. Enjoyed the underlining story, pace and of course the two major action scenes but I could’ve lived without the comedic sections added in all over the place, and I’m not referring to the standard MCU comedy. It just didn’t work for me, at least not on the same level as it did with nearly everyone else.

Yeah I liked Thor 3 considerably less than you but that's for another thread.

Refreshing to read, well balanced and articulated... or maybe I just think so because I agree.

Thanks. Always better to try to at least see where the other side is coming from.

But I’m currently reading comments on comicbookmovie.com and one or two posters are just so adamant about their point of view, and can’t get past what they see as SJW agendas, which imo were fairly benign in Captain Marvel when again taken in context that the film took place in the 90s.

Some people forget it wasn’t until the early 90s (1993) that women were even allowed to fly fighter jets in the US. So I can only imagine what women had to go through the first few years before their peers fully excepted them. Today it’s probably not even thought about by many in the armed forces.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Spoiler Spoiler:

Good post! I just watched the movie so I went back view the posts with spoiler alerts.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Seen it twice, fun film. Plays well the second time around too, given the amount of mystery and shapeshifting you have a lot more to look for on repeat viewings. Great to have so much Fury too. Definitely want a figure, I'll hold off to pull the trigger till Endgame to gauge the new costume, but I'll end up with some version or another. The Kree colors were a slick look too, wouldn't be surprised with an exclusive version down the road

Last edited:
Back