1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movie made over a billion and the box office. It's popular. That's a fact. It's pathetic to try pushing alternative facts.

Larson was extremely unpopular and it’s pathetic trying to push access media “facts”.

Far From Home made almost the same at the box office and there are 3 new figures from the film with 2 reissues. Captain Marvel will only see 1 figure for her solo movie and Endgame combined; most people did not like her and the main reason why the movie made as much money was simply because it was an Avengers tie-in. Aside from HT’s, CM merchandise did NOT sell and sits on shelves all over even with deep discounts. Open your eyes!

Making statements contrary to those facts is the same nonsense that the access media keeps pushing. Personally, I’m a fan of the movie but I’m not blinded by the agenda that so many others were trying to push.

From a merchandising standpoint, I wouldn't put Captain Marvel in the same realm as Spider-man. Few properties, other than Batman and Superman can hope to compete at that level.

But popularity wise she definitely more popular than say Aqua-man right now (what merchandising numbers we have show she is fairly higher.), but she is lower than Wonder Woman (who is near batman/superman levels as expected.) After CM2, it will be interesting to see how popular she can get.

Last edited:
The movie made over a billion and the box office. It's popular. That's a fact. It's pathetic to try pushing alternative facts.

It had mixed reviews at best from both audiences and critics alike. Also facts.

The movie was a new entry in the most popular film series of all time sandwiched between its two big finale films. Of course it was going to make a crap load of money. Even people that weren't looking forward to her specifically were going to see it.

But audience reactions speak for themselves. Im not even going to go into the reactions to Brie herself; which despite being the only marvel star in the series to generate this much controversy (or any controversy at all for that matter); doesn't really have much tangible data to back it up.

I would be happy to see the endgame figure of her released. Not sure I would get it however. She was barely in the movie.

I mean Godfather got mixed reviews. That is a fact, but also somewhat useless information since every movie is going to have at least some mixed reviews. Online its hard to gauge reviews of the movie because there was a large online presence pushing against the movie for political reasons.

There are a couple reputable companies who actually poll people outside the theater. Cinemascore is one, and Captain Marvel had high favorable reviews from people who actually went and saw the movie (rated A.)

The Joker for example got B+, and I can understand that. People either had slightly different expectations for Joker movie, or didn't expect a Taxi Driver remake, and left the movie mixed. Doesn't mean Joker wasn't a better movie then Captain Marvel, but it wasn't exactly made for mass appeal.

Last edited:
The idea that she is unpopular came from a small minority making a LOT of noise online. It was normal Marvel movie no better no worse. I have only heard negative things about the film online nobody i have met in REAL life did not like it. Some loved it, some thought it was ok but nobody i have met ever said they did not like it.

I am a huge Iron Man fan but i can admit it was better than Iron Man 3

Post EDIT:

I'm reopening this thread.

I asked you all nicely to stick to the topic of discussing the 1/6th figure and since several Freaks have made it clear to me that they just want to discuss the figure I'm asking again to take any talk about the move to the appropriate movie thread.

I won't ask again. I'll just hand out infractions and or temp bans like they're candy on Halloween. Your choice.

Don't like the way I moderate? Then, please, by all means contact the board owner/administrator: Darklord Dave.

From the board's Community Guidelines:

From the board's Code of Conduct:

You've been warned.

Thread cleaned; My apologies for the collateral damage to some Freak's posts.

Thread reopened.

This post from July warned everyone and now we have the same types derailing the thread again.

Hard to talk about the figure and the movie not also be discussed. As long as we are civilized i have no issues (Civilized said in my best Obi-Wan Kenobi accent).

Anyway i still want them to release Yon Rogg soon but i know they drag their feet sometimes

This post from July warned everyone and now we have the same types derailing the thread again.
And what do you call your post at the top of this page? Oh, let me guess, that was ok because you aren't one of "those types". Gimme a break.

The idea that she is unpopular came from a small minority making a LOT of noise online. It was normal Marvel movie no better no worse. I have only heard negative things about the film online nobody i have met in REAL life did not like it. Some loved it, some thought it was ok but nobody i have met ever said they did not like it.

I am a huge Iron Man fan but i can admit it was better than Iron Man 3
Wheras I have not met a single person in real life that liked it and anyone ive ever seen defending it has been online.

Where are your numbers from that it is only a small minority that hates it? That's the problem with anecdotal evidence.

I mean Godfather got mixed reviews. That is a fact, but also somewhat useless information since every movie is going to have at least some mixed reviews. Online its hard to gauge reviews of the movie because there was a large online presence pushing against the movie for political reasons.
And there was an equally large group pushing for the movie to succeed for purely political reasons; dismissing any criticism as simply coming from sexism.
I loved Wonder Woman. And also hated this movie since I found it boring and unentertaining. I wanted to like it, since even the worst of the MCU I can find something to enjoy. But not this one.

While some classic films get bad reviews at the time, I do think it is fair to compare it to other movies in the MCU and Superhero genre. And it is an outlier of low ratings compared to many others of those.
And the negative response to Brie Larson is also an outlier in a film franchise filled with both powerful and beloved female characters.

Last edited:
I mean Godfather got mixed reviews. That is a fact, but also somewhat useless information since every movie is going to have at least some mixed reviews.

First Rian Johnson says the empire strikes back got mixed reviews, which isnt how I remember 1980 at all, now godfather ( and i am presuming you mean the original) got mixed reviews?

I know godfather is reviewed well now, so I am guessing you mean in 1972? I can quickly find 3 reviews from 1972. Variety does say that its overlong and sometimes complicated but otherwise a positive review. The new york times also gave it a positive review. Roger Ebert gave it 4/4. I'm curious who didnt like it.

The headsculpt looks great but the suit looks kind of cartoonish which might just be the lighting. Either way this is a must get for me and I?m also in the minority of people who much prefer this look over her final suit in Endgame. She was actually wearing the same outfit filming Endgame scenes which was changed during post to that newer version.

Agree, though for me I quite like all her suits.

View attachment 471957

Still waiting for the Neon Tech version :lol

:rotfl I was going to post about this as well. Given how the suit can change colors/hues in the film, I'd want HT to make all sorts of different colorways lol I'd buy all of them :lol

View attachment 471957

Still waiting for the Neon Tech version :lol

They're saving it for her Wonder Woman 1984 crossover appearance.

wonder-woman-1984.jpg

The movie was a new entry in the most popular film series of all time sandwiched between its two big finale films. Of course it was going to make a crap load of money. Even people that weren't looking forward to her specifically were going to see it.

But audience reactions speak for themselves. Im not even going to go into the reactions to Brie herself; which despite being the only marvel star in the series to generate this much controversy (or any controversy at all for that matter); doesn't really have much tangible data to back it up.

Why are you discussing the actress and the movie in this figure thread when you were warned not to do so? From what I remember you were one of the people who caused the warning in the first place.

Thank you Darth.

A pic to kick the ball rolling back here. Can't say I'm satisfied with the sculpt on this one.

IMG_5520.jpg

I agree. I think the likeness is definitely there, but it feels...under painted? idk I feel it doesn?t have the same detail most HT sculpts do. Still also think the sculpted hair was a huge mistake, head articulation seems to be slim to none. Everything else looks good imo

Back