1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is still representing America and its core values though. Yes he isnt just protecting America anymore, but his whole thing is about being inspired by what the greatest country on earth stands for.

America and 'greatness' shouldn't be clumped together, but its core ideals arguably are something to take notice of. America will come and go, but it is what about the ideals that will live on. Greatness is just a sales pitch.

img_0001.jpg
img2.jpg

The DC animated film Wonder Woman (2009) said that her costumes colors were changed to that of the country she was going to champion for, or something like that. Because Steve Trevor was American, her suit became colored as that of our flag. Don't know if that's the backstory from the original, but that's story since 2009.

Thy would definitely be cool. Maybe make a Deluxe version with her head/scarf/rifle like they made the ESB Fett in REG and Deluxe versions. I don’t collect Marvel Legends but it was cool they did the same thing for that figure.

I'd love to have a Minn-Erva figure!!

Yeah I was thinking it'd be cool if they did the same thing as ML, to get multiple looks.

So what are peoples thoughts on an Endgame version of Captain Marvel ? No chance or maybe down the line.

I guess there is also the chance that whatever movie she is in next HT will go for that version. Just haven't connected with the character so much.

It's like you have a group of old buddies and some new guy joins the group. He just hasn't been through what the rest of the group has been through. Not his fault, but you know what I mean.

So what are peoples thoughts on an Endgame version of Captain Marvel ? No chance or maybe down the line.

I guess there is also the chance that whatever movie she is in next HT will go for that version. Just haven't connected with the character so much.

It's like you have a group of old buddies and some new guy joins the group. He just hasn't been through what the rest of the group has been through. Not his fault, but you know what I mean.

I get what you're saying. The movie had all the right things on paper, but to me I felt it lacked some personal connection. I"ll have to rewatch it this weekend. I"m still getting her figure and looking forward to the possibility of other figures from her movie as well.

I won't be picking up Captain Marvel in 1/6 as I don't really feel any connection with the character and a 1/6 representation just won't 'spark joy' for me personally.

It's not the first MCU character I'll be passing on and no doubt it won't be the last.

I haven't been that wowed by the character yet either, but would still get an Endgame version anyway just based on the great costume.

And the costumes are probably the biggest reason I buy most of these figures anyway. :D

I haven't been that wowed by the character yet either, but would still get an Endgame version anyway just based on the great costume.

And the costumes are probably the biggest reason I buy most of these figures anyway. :D

Yes I'm a bit the same. But it is nice if you can have a connection and look forward to getting it. Especially considering the money these things cost.

For me, it's character first. Always. Costumes are awesome, but I have to love/like the character enough to get a figure. Some of my favorite characters are a lot more simple or don't even have a true costume, but the connection to the character is what makes me pay out.

Yes I'm a bit the same. But it is nice if you can have a connection and look forward to getting it. Especially considering the money these things cost.

Yeah that's always a plus too. And I do see a lot of potential in the character and Larson's portrayal, even if the movies haven't quite done them justice yet.

I mean if I actively hated the actress like a lot of people here seem to, then I definitely wouldn't bother. :D

For me, it's character first. Always. Costumes are awesome, but I have to love/like the character enough to get a figure. Some of my favorite characters are a lot more simple or don't even have a true costume, but the connection to the character is what makes me pay out.

If I needed a connection in order to buy figures, I’d probably have half the figures I have now:lol

I’m indifferent about Brie Larson and the movie was whatever to me. I did get the undertones of female empowerment in it but it didn’t bother me much. There’s just nothing in the movie I care to see again. But the costume is great and that’s enough for me to pick this up.

If I needed a connection in order to buy figures, I’d probably have half the figures I have now:lol

I mean a connection as in, I have to love and/or like the character very much. If I'm indifferent to a character, let alone dislike a character, I won't buy a figure because I don't want to clutter up my collection with figures of characters I don't care about. There's the expense, too. Too high for something that leaves me feeling "meh".

I absolutely wouldn’t get a figure of a character I didn’t like much either.

I wanted to absolutely love the Captain Marvel film for just the sheer factor that the worst type of people hate on it. But unfortunately it is just an alright into film akin to First Avenger or Thor.

I do like Bree Larson a lot though even though I’m not sure she has found her way within the character yet. She did come off a lot more charismatic in Endgame than CM, in my opinion, so I have a lot of hope for the future representation of the characterization. With that said I was really excited for this figure. I tend to like grabbing the figures of women more than men, they are just more fun and visually interesting usually, but yeah I tend to go for the characters I like more for which figures to buy even if they aren’t the major players. An example of that is that I’ve pre-ordered a Shuri but don’t have a Captain America or Thor.

I absolutely wouldn’t get a figure of a character I didn’t like much either.

I wanted to absolutely love the Captain Marvel film for just the sheer factor that the worst type of people hate on it. But unfortunately it is just an alright into film akin to First Avenger or Thor.

I do like Bree Larson a lot though even though I’m not sure she has found her way within the character yet. She did come off a lot more charismatic in Endgame than CM, in my opinion, so I have a lot of hope for the future representation of the characterization. With that said I was really excited for this figure. I tend to like grabbing the figures of women more than men, they are just more fun and visually interesting usually, but yeah I tend to go for the characters I like more for which figures to buy even if they aren’t the major players. An example of that is that I’ve pre-ordered a Shuri but don’t have a Captain America or Thor.

It’s odd she came off more charismatic in Endgame since she shot those scenes before her own movie

It’s odd she came off more charismatic in Endgame since she shot those scenes before her own movie
She came off as more charismatic in Endgame because she was in that movie less.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

She came off as more charismatic in Endgame because she was in that movie less.

I have to agree with that. Like most have said, Brie hasn’t fit the character yet so with limited dialogue/screen-time in Endgame, she was more tolerable for me. Her lines were actually pretty consistent with her dry delivery in her standalone movie now that I think about it.

Back