1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess technically he's still got red, white, and blue on his costume, but the flag motif is pretty toned down by this point and nowhere near as blatant as in the comics or early movies. The blue is a lot darker and the red bars on his torso barely even qualify as "stripes" anymore. Lol

e3d5ab6b53989aa470bf7106e164a4b6.jpg

Hooray... Cherry pick one movie with it off....considering Endgame where he is "Captain America" again

I guess technically he's still got red, white, and blue on his costume, but the flag motif is pretty toned down by this point and nowhere near as blatant as in the comics or early movies. The blue is a lot darker and the red bars on his torso barely even qualify as "stripes" anymore. Lol

Yeah, I feel the muted colors is more modern. Even though these are make believe characters, I still don’t like them to look too cartoony, such as his suit in A1. The muted colors to me combines the traditional red white and blue look, but doesn’t make the suit as ostentatious.

Hooray... Cherry pick one movie with it off....considering Endgame where he is "Captain America" again

I didn’t create the meme. But in EG, they are fighting extra-terrestrials from other worlds, not a battle between nations/flags as RS foresaw. That Cap’s not seeing the bigger picture. I think that was the point. Not that one day he’d momentarily not wear a star on his chest.

Even though he’s “Captain America” again in EG, RS’s statement would still stand.

Yeah, I feel the muted colors is more modern. Even though these are make believe characters, I still don’t like them to look too cartoony, such as his suit in A1. The muted colors to me combines the traditional red white and blue look, but doesn’t make the suit as ostentatious.

I didn’t create the meme. But in EG, they are fighting extra-terrestrials from other worlds, not a battle between nations/flags as RS foresaw. That Cap’s not seeing the bigger picture. I think that was the point. Not that one day he’d momentarily not wear a star on his chest.

Even though he’s “Captain America” again in EG, RS’s statement would still stand.

Ahh okay. I understand what you mean now. Thanks!

I know there are differences between the Kree suits, but if they release the green/black suit variant, I wish they'd include a Minn-Erva head sculpt.

I know there are differences between the Kree suits, but if they release the green/black suit variant, I wish they'd include a Minn-Erva head sculpt.

Thy would definitely be cool. Maybe make a Deluxe version with her head/scarf/rifle like they made the ESB Fett in REG and Deluxe versions. I don’t collect Marvel Legends but it was cool they did the same thing for that figure.

Captain America still runs around with that name, looking like an American flag, despite having been to other galaxies, fought otherworldly threats, lived for decades beyond normal people, knows there's other races, species, planets, dimensions etc etc etc and that humans, never mind particular continents and expressions of nationalism, are therefore fundamentally small and pretty silly. But there he is, in red white and blue, as if that matters. Doesn't warrant too much scrutiny, this stuff ;)

He is still representing America and its core values though. Yes he isnt just protecting America anymore, but his whole thing is about being inspired by what the greatest country on earth stands for.

He is still representing America and its core values though. Yes he isnt just protecting America anymore, but his whole thing is about being inspired by what the greatest country on earth stands for.

:exactly: :goodpost:

These values I feel are best exemplified in TWS and CW, because the films put up a stark (no pun intended) background in which they can shine through.

Superheroes inherently have many, many stupid things about them, especially when it comes to the exercise of trying to retrofit logic and meaning to characters drawn decades ago to sell comics. (Man dresses up as giant bat to fight crime etc) .

Captain America still runs around with that name, looking like an American flag, despite having been to other galaxies, fought otherworldly threats, lived for decades beyond normal people, knows there's other races, species, planets, dimensions etc etc etc and that humans, never mind particular continents and expressions of nationalism, are therefore fundamentally small and pretty silly. But there he is, in red white and blue, as if that matters. Doesn't warrant too much scrutiny, this stuff ;)

Why does Wonder Woman’s armor look like an American flag when she’s not from America? Shouldn’t it be based on Themyscira?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So he grabs women by the рussy and brags about it on tape?

You are confusing America with a politician.

Just like he didn't sick the IRS on people he disagrees with politically, sell guns to Mexican cartels, or downplay the rising threat of a terrorist group until they essentially become thier own nation state.

If you're talking about the movie armor, it's not based on a an American flag. It's red, blue and gold.

I’m not talking about the movie, I’m talking about her original costume. The movie is an evolution of that, but obviously different.

5ae3e69fe8074549b323a1bdc418432e.jpg

I’m not talking about the movie, I’m talking about her original costume. The movie is an evolution of that, but obviously different.

5ae3e69fe8074549b323a1bdc418432e.jpg

This article pretty much says it has to do with the time is was created. 1941, the same year that Captain America started, a lot of the heroes were being outfitted with patriotic themes. I don't even think it was called Themyscira at that point. Just Paradise Island.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisha...ume-evolution-as-an-infographic/#161226194280

This article pretty much says it has to do with the time is was created. 1941, the same year that Captain America started, a lot of the heroes were being outfitted with patriotic themes. I don't even think it was called Themyscira at that point. Just Paradise Island.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisha...ume-evolution-as-an-infographic/#161226194280

It’s not really worth debating. The costume made no sense since she is from an Amazon island, but wearing an American flag based costume. It’s obvious why they chose that costume considering it was during WW2 and they wanted to sell as much as possible.

Back