1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My comments about Larson were my opinion of her performance. She was just bland. The actress has no charisma. Some people have it and some people don't. If Vers was a man, the role could have been played by Nathan Fillion and it would have been completely different given the same parameters. Fillion has charisma. Good guy or bad, he's charming. That's a natural thing. It's something she doesn't have. Her Captain Marvel is similar to Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker. They're both Pinocchio. They're wooden. Even Yon-Rogg as her teacher, displayed more emotion in what he did, even when telling her to control hers. Just how I see it.

Hopefully SS will make a figure of the real Captain Marvel. Prolly not though.
lvuhdtwv4zi21.jpg

My comments about Larson were my opinion of her performance. She was just bland. The actress has no charisma. Some people have it and some people don't. If Vers was a man, the role could have been played by Nathan Fillion and it would have been completely different given the same parameters. Fillion has charisma. Good guy or bad, he's charming. That's a natural thing. It's something she doesn't have. Her Captain Marvel is similar to Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker. They're both Pinocchio. They're wooden. Even Yon-Rogg as her teacher, displayed more emotion in what he did, even when telling her to control hers. Just how I see it.

What does that have to do with this figure?

Hopefully SS will make a figure of the real Captain Marvel. Prolly not though.
View attachment 449366

SS is not capable of doing such a figure justice. The figure would be on a skinny body and have no muscle tone. I don't think they will make it anyway. You will have to swallow your pride, push your butt hurt aside and get the Brie Billion Captain Marvel.

SS is not capable of doing such a figure justice. The figure would be on a skinny body and have no muscle tone. I don't think they will make it anyway. You will have to swallow your pride, push your butt hurt aside and get the Brie Billion Captain Marvel.
Lol. You couldn't be more wrong. Even if I were a completist, I'd pass on pancake butt. And Nathan Fillion would have made an outstanding CM. He would carry the movie. Not the other way around like with this billion dollar snoozer.

I believe the Transformer films hauled in a billion dollars too...that is by no means an indicator of the film's quality though. We all know the Transformer franchise sucks donkey dongs, and CM is no different.

CM made a bil due to brand loyalty to Marvel and people (like myself) who thought seeing CM might be required viewing prior to Endgame...I sure got scammed! :lol

The people who profess to hate Captain Marvel the most certainly do dedicate a lot of their days to writing posts about her movie. Insert Kermit tea image.

I wonder if this figure will be shown next to the EG figures once HT starts making their movie-themed display, even though her suit is slightly different.

I wonder if this figure will be shown next to the EG figures once HT starts making their movie-themed display, even though her suit is slightly different.

If its anything like their infinity war display we'll see a ton of figures on end game stands that won't make it to release. I'd think we'd get at least the original avengers though. Nebula would be a pleasant surprise.War machine and rocket seem the only real givens outside the core team.

At this point Nebula is almost a guarantee! She's prominently featured in the posters and trailers...it's happening! :clap

If its anything like their infinity war display we'll see a ton of figures on end game stands that won't make it to release. I'd think we'd get at least the original avengers though. Nebula would be a pleasant surprise.War machine and rocket seem the only real givens outside the core team.

Sounds about right for the only guarantees outside the original 6; War Machine since he’s another diecast and Rocket since they seem willing to make every iteration of him so far. Nebula would be nice to see. Then Ant-Man and CM already have versions of or close to their EG outfits coming out.

Probably no Valkyrie either unfortunately, despite her having been shown off.

At this point Nebula is almost a guarantee! She's prominently featured in the posters and trailers...it's happening! :clap

She's far from guaranteed. There was an amazing custom I saw in pics on here which shows how cool she might look, I wouldn't hold my breath for hot toys though

Sounds about right for the only guarantees outside the original 6; War Machine since he’s another diecast and Rocket since they seem willing to make every iteration of him so far. Nebula would be nice to see. Then Ant-Man and CM already have versions of or close to their EG outfits coming out.

The only thing that might have a bearing on maybe not getting Rocket is he is generally marketed with Groot. GOTG1 - Adult Groot. GOTG2 - obviously there was never going to be a Groot release, but they did originally tease sequel figures of all the other originals (oddly, we surprisingly got Yondu!), and then Infinity - basically rereleased the G2 version with Teenage Groot and pushed the marketing of Thor/Groot/Rocket.

It will be interesting to see how Rocket bounces off being with the Avengers, and not having any Guardians.. (unless you count Nebula when she shows up)

She's far from guaranteed. There was an amazing custom I saw in pics on here which shows how cool she might look, I wouldn't hold my breath for hot toys though

Why would they not do Nebula ? She's the one with arguably the biggest grudge on Thanos. I wouldn't be surprised if she's the one who does the deed in EG as an emotional scene maybe with Gamora.

Plus it's an easy figure for HT. Nothing difficult to it.

For me she's a given at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would they not do Nebula ? She's the one with arguably the biggest grudge on Thanos. I wouldn't be surprised if she's the one who does the deed in EG as an emotional scene maybe with Gamora.

Plus it's an easy figure for HT. Nothing difficult to it.

For me she's a given at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not denying she's an important character and I hope they make her too, it's just far from guaranteed is all

Back