1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This new Boba Fett looks much better than the Rotj version imo especially with the rest of the goon-squad.
4592874bdd3c7e26e392f39bd727e509.jpg

I am a meat popsicle

I like the HT Helmet on the SS V2, but the helmet green clashed with the SS green, so I successfully tinted it. Perfect now. It really didn't go with the V1 Ex base as it was, but is a pretty goon match now.

I also liked the accuracy of the HT gun, but preferred the paint scheme of the SS V1 gun. So I repainted the HT just like I did the SS prototype. Love it!

I also gave SS V2 the accurate HT sidearm and its sheath.

In person, this is what I think Fett is supposed to look like. I just wish I could shorten the neck a tad more. It's already on the shorter HT Neck.

View attachment 425795

View attachment 425796

Really fantastic. Did you repaint the SS chest armor/cod piece to match as well or is that the stock V2 color?

I like the slightly larger SS chest section, HT one looks a little squat to me.

I know everyone has already seen the comparisons, but heres my Rotj Fett and ESB Fett together.View attachment 422274

I am torn between keeping my RotJ Fett or selling him off for this guy.

I really had no idea just how different looking they are until I went back and found this photo.

My plan was to just get the ESB standard helmet and pop it onto the RotJ figure but I don't think that would right all.

If you have any more pics of these two side by side please put them up. Thanks!

I am torn between keeping my RotJ Fett or selling him off for this guy.

I really had no idea just how different looking they are until I went back and found this photo.

My plan was to just get the ESB standard helmet and pop it onto the RotJ figure but I don't think that would right all.
Oh it would. Return of the Jedi Fett with the Empire helmet is movie accurate. The stunt ESB helmet can be seen in Jedi, not to mention it's the special edition look, plus the Battle Front look, plus most cosplayers opt for that look.

Oh it would. Return of the Jedi Fett with the Empire helmet is movie accurate. The stunt ESB helmet can be seen in Jedi, not to mention it's the special edition look, plus the Battle Front look, plus most cosplayers opt for that look.

But I think the color difference between the HT ESB helmet is going to look too vibrant against the RotJ chest armor.

It looks like the colors aren’t even close in some photos.

But I think the color difference between the HT ESB helmet is going to look too vibrant against the RotJ chest armor.

It looks like the colors aren’t even close in some photos.
It's your eye. While the stunt helmet from the skiff scenes and the helmet from the special edition scenes in ROTJ were recast from the ESB hero helmet they still received the ROTJ paintjob. If you don't want to repaint the new helmet or you think it looks weird, then maybe you don't want to go that route after all. You could maybe find a comparison pic in the thread here and do a Photoshop headswap to see if you like it before making any kind of purchase.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

didnt notice until comparison pics between Ht ROTJ and EMP fetts how dif the helmets are. the ROTJ seems to come down further on front correct? angles down more. and thats why the emp fett has more neck exposed when viewing from directly in front of figure?

cant fight it much longer if someone can confirm out of box stock this fett has more neck showing im sold, lol.:rotfl

It's your eye. While the stunt helmet from the skiff scenes and the helmet from the special edition scenes in ROTJ were recast from the ESB hero helmet they still received the ROTJ paintjob. If you don't want to repaint the new helmet or you think it looks weird, then maybe you don't want to go that route after all. You could maybe find a comparison pic in the thread here and do a Photoshop headswap to see if you like it before making any kind of purchase.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Can you elaborate on this? I’m not sure what you’re saying. Perhaps I’m reading it incorrectly?

The helmet used in the Special Edition was the ESB helmet. Not a cast.

The stunt helmets used during filming of RotJ were indeed cast from the ESB, but were also painted in the ESB paint scheme, not the RotJ paint scheme.

Also, regarding the screen-used helmets, the only difference at all is that the ESB helmet has two physical imperfections (the ‘wavy brow and the ‘blister’). This wavy brow is found on the left side of the browline. The blister is found on the upper cheek (the dark green area) on the right side of the helmet.

Other than different paint schemes and slightly different rangefinders, and one helmet that did not have a dent, the actual helmets, the ‘buckets’ were exactly the same.

Can you elaborate on this? I’m not sure what you’re saying. Perhaps I’m reading it incorrectly?

The helmet used in the Special Edition was the ESB helmet. Not a cast.

The stunt helmets used during filming of RotJ were indeed cast from the ESB, but were also painted in the ESB paint scheme, not the RotJ paint scheme.

Also, regarding the screen-used helmets, the only difference at all is that the ESB helmet has two physical imperfections (the ‘wavy brow and the ‘blister’). This wavy brow is found on the left side of the browline. The blister is found on the upper cheek (the dark green area) on the right side of the helmet.

Other than different paint schemes and slightly different rangefinders, and one helmet that did not have a dent, the actual helmets, the ‘buckets’ were exactly the same.

No, you're right. Not sure where the hell all that came from. I don't even remember posting that to be honest. Gonna chock that **** up to being really tired at 1:30 AM but apparently not tired enough to not write a post that contains information that I know is wrong? No better explanation.

No, you're right. Not sure where the hell all that came from. I don't even remember posting that to be honest. Gonna chock that **** up to being really tired at 1:30 AM but apparently not tired enough to not write a post that contains information that I know is wrong? No other explanation.

Lol no worries. Wasn’t calling you out or anything. I love it when fans that really know their stuff pop up in Boba threads.

There’s so much right with this figure, but quite a few glaring errors, as well.

I’ll do a proper write up tonight.

Truly a great figure, though. Anyone on the fence shouldn’t be!

Back