1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After tinkering around with lighter coloured wrist pegs, it wasn't enough. I went with the fabric idea and got some of that double-sided hem tape in the Walmart craft section. They definitely had more than a few out of stock, so this light grey was the best they had. What I'm going to do is make a (tapered on the glove end) loop, and then attach via a bit of double-sided tape to the gauntlets. It'll probably end up looking more like the sleeve of the shirt is hanging down, rather than an extension of the glove..but still a hell of a lot better looking than before.
20180909_160728_Film1-1.jpg

5f60f78a3da79b0e7a24247cca35883c.jpg

Seems like the deluxe is quite a bit more weathered in the flight suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your head popped on correct? Mine was sitting up but needed a extra push to get the "pop"

Yeah it seemed to pop off the top a bit. I like his neck showing quite a bit and an iPhone distorts what he looks like in person. I popped it back on where it's supposed to be.
6a57dddeda95ed42299312ff378c6a3a.jpg

Really fantastic. Did you repaint the SS chest armor/cod piece to match as well or is that the stock V2 color?

I like the slightly larger SS chest section, HT one looks a little squat to me.

Stock V2 color. I prefer it because the highlight shades match the helmet while it's darker overall than the helmet.

5f60f78a3da79b0e7a24247cca35883c.jpg

My deluxe is definitely more weathered. It makes it look more grey and my regular more blue. I mentioned this in an earlier post and as soon as I have time I'll post pics. Hopefully tomorrow if the pics actually show it.

Can you elaborate on this? I’m not sure what you’re saying. Perhaps I’m reading it incorrectly?

The helmet used in the Special Edition was the ESB helmet. Not a cast.

The stunt helmets used during filming of RotJ were indeed cast from the ESB, but were also painted in the ESB paint scheme, not the RotJ paint scheme.

Also, regarding the screen-used helmets, the only difference at all is that the ESB helmet has two physical imperfections (the ‘wavy brow and the ‘blister’). This wavy brow is found on the left side of the browline. The blister is found on the upper cheek (the dark green area) on the right side of the helmet.

Other than different paint schemes and slightly different rangefinders, and one helmet that did not have a dent, the actual helmets, the ‘buckets’ were exactly the same.

Is there a pic that circles the bubble and wavy brow?

My deluxe is definitely more weathered. It makes it look more grey and my regular more blue. I mentioned this in an earlier post and as soon as I have time I'll post pics. Hopefully tomorrow if the pics actually show it.
I don't think it's intentional at all. I own the regular & deluxe as well. It would have been awesome to give the deluxe more of that blue look like with the PP versions, so for us that bought both, could have a little more variance in the two figures. Haven't super inspected mine, as they're still in the box, but they don't seem to be different in the way you mentioned.

Regular here, all about the attention to detail on this figure.
Beautiful shot there. Love how the helmet comes across in the pic..and the colour pallet of the image. One of those pics that could really sway a collector into purchasing this figure.

Just got round to opening mine.

Great to see so many bits in a box - like opening a VTS/DAM figure. :)

It's the Deluxe, but the suit is more blue than I was expecting from previous comments, especially compared to the V1 suit on my Sideshow V1/V2 hybrid.

I'm going to keep the HT to represent movie Fett, and use the spare parts to turn my Sideshow into the Pre-Pro. Not sure yet whether to use the Sideshow gauntlets on the HT. While the SS gauntlets are a neater fit, they're a paler green. In fact, looking at screen caps, the SS may even be more accurate as they look lighter than the body armour in the film:

full

Which means that HT painted theirs a bit too dark.

I don't think it's intentional at all. I own the regular & deluxe as well. It would have been awesome to give the deluxe more of that blue look like with the PP versions, so for us that bought both, could have a little more variance in the two figures. Haven't super inspected mine, as they're still in the box, but they don't seem to be different in the way you mentioned.

Agreed. It’s not a crazy difference and I think the base color is the same. But the lack of black weathering on my regular gives it the appearance that it is more blue. It could be totally random and someone else could have a more weathered regular version.

5c4e351a916721bbbacce64e3c46d5d5.jpg

The blue is definately noticeable between the SS V2 and Deluxe.

I’d suggest anyone with a SS to use the HT parts for ESB look on a SS body and HT body gets the Pre Pro.

I just added some of the deluxe parts to my ROTJ Fett. I'm glad HT gave us the option to create a new Fett.
b09acd421a28a5dc9e1b2ae71d92874d.jpg
86c4533a33c7b7ac442f7c7ff5b253a1.jpg

I am a meat popsicle

I just added some of the deluxe parts to my ROTJ Fett. I'm glad HT gave us the option to create a new Fett.

I am a meat popsicle

I was most excited about the Pre Pro! It’s an amazing unique look.

I am a meat popsicle

I like this. This was original plan but with the standard ESB bucket. Looks good! Thanks.

Beautiful shot there. Love how the helmet comes across in the pic..and the colour pallet of the image. One of those pics that could really sway a collector into purchasing this figure.

Thank you chalor! If anyone is on the fence on this figure IMO you can’t go wrong with either deluxe or regular. It’s definitely one of the best figures I got.

Back