1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it is an intentional difference. Just chance. The deluxe definitely looks more grey. Maybe less dye or different dye? QC. Maybe more weathering. To me, it looks more weathered and not as blue. Who knows.

I can try to take a pic of the 2 HT and the SSv2 side by side but not sure if you will be able to see anything in pics. even the SSv2 doesn't really look blue in pics. I can have my wife do it since she is way better at photography than i am.

ecf4ba97c2ae6ac5277623d867ca1b80.jpg

8cbd5c9bb40a99ff724063024b52c75d.jpg

e498dae8bdd124976d1f61107fbe4aa3.jpg

The sideshow ver 2 is def pretty blue. Especially compared with the v 1 (which I sold long ago).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the HT Helmet on the SS V2, but the helmet green clashed with the SS green, so I successfully tinted it. Perfect now. It really didn't go with the V1 Ex base as it was, but is a pretty goon match now.

I also liked the accuracy of the HT gun, but preferred the paint scheme of the SS V1 gun. So I repainted the HT just like I did the SS prototype. Love it!

I also gave SS V2 the accurate HT sidearm and its sheath.

In person, this is what I think Fett is supposed to look like. I just wish I could shorten the neck a tad more. It's already on the shorter HT Neck.

Boba Fett Full Front.jpg

Boba Fett Profile.jpg

ESB tends to hue towards blue regardless of the actual colour of the costumes. Just look at Han..
We also know his jacket was grey, but again, it often appears blue.
So I've never heard this before. I couldn't find 100% evidence to support the dark/charcoal grey Bespin jacket thing. It seems to me that it's actually a bluish gray colour..as opposed to a grayish blue. So many different shades of grey. Got to believe that there's some blue in there, which gave it it's very blue appearance in the majority of the movie; especially the promotional image pics.

lol - no way HT will get that right. It's gonna be straight up navy blue. Fine by me though. Plus it's crazy to also hear that Fett's sandy gray outfit in Jedi was just the Empire one. All of this accumulates to the feeling of realizing Santa Claus isn't real.

Personally i don't think the flight suit was that blue....HT got the color pretty accurate as in grey with a subtle blue hue to it.

In the cloud city scenes it's more to do with the lighting that was used which in turn accentuated the blue hue even more...

View attachment 425747

As brief as his appearances were...for me the bounty hunter scenes are a more accurate representation of the color..

Again it's all preference at the end of the day:)

View attachment 425748View attachment 425749View attachment 425750View attachment 425751

I agree. I came to the same conclusion the other day as I was debating dyeing my jump suit. When I was looking at my HT ROTJ besides my HT ESB the hint of blue is already there in contrast to The ROTJ grey jump suit. To me the HT ESB did look grey when not viewed in contrast. I decided not to dye my suit.

I just watched some Empire clips, and yeah, I can see how Han's vest might be just gray. It sure does look blue in some shots, though. Empire colors are so hard to nail down.

All of these pictures, the white balance in most of the pics are off. I don't think we can judge the color of flight suit unless you can see in real life.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I just watched some Empire clips, and yeah, I can see how Han's vest might be just gray. It sure does look blue in some shots, though. Empire colors are so hard to nail down.
The jacket is a bluish- dark gray. I saw it in person at San Diego Comic Con and I think I remember it looking just a little bit lighter than it appears in the auction photos (could also just be my phone or the lights at the convention center)
https://propstore.com/featured/sta...e-auction-2018-han-solos-harrison-ford-jacket

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Picking this and the Royal Guard up today. Can't wait!!!!!!!

3afad40b59484fbd04f5384970d71d04.jpg
fc320940ba36e0c8d9af0548de62fd6b.jpg
1747f8fcf2d99fecb1ada25224fdb8cd.jpg
387db48cb5fc73e4e4a5da9e24ee8e8c.jpg

Great great figure!
Got the head onto the Sideshow Ver 2.

I'll be selling parts if anyone wants...
Sideshow V2 gauntlets, helmet, HT jet pack and rifle etc etc.

Here's my late but small contribution. Hehe
0a4f1360e25444574f9afcd2faafc52f.jpg
f8c8dbe3dbfae7c770341c8bf2be81b3.jpg
f2f293827eaa98c884a3519545abbaad.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Some natural light if anyone is into that
4c9168ff0d2ac85cdba2fe59d4f32ab8.jpg
a38905d9ca6f3f15981c71d53262f633.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I like the HT Helmet on the SS V2, but the helmet green clashed with the SS green, so I successfully tinted it. Perfect now. It really didn't go with the V1 Ex base as it was, but is a pretty goon match now.

I also liked the accuracy of the HT gun, but preferred the paint scheme of the SS V1 gun. So I repainted the HT just like I did the SS prototype. Love it!

I also gave SS V2 the accurate HT sidearm and its sheath.

In person, this is what I think Fett is supposed to look like. I just wish I could shorten the neck a tad more. It's already on the shorter HT Neck.

View attachment 425795

View attachment 425796

Your Fett looks fantastic. Super job.

Back