1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy1.gif

The DX unboxing feeling of days past!!

I think the Sideshow trigger hand is a bit bulbous, but it’s worth a try. My money is on the marmit hands (very accurate) and medicom’s are also worth a try. Both of those need to be modified to fit, of course. This is probably better discussed over in your HT Fett modification thread. I’m sure we’ll be sharing quite a bit. Ive a lot planned, but am waiting to do the mods in person so I can post what works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome ! Thank you.

Those black areas you mentioned look painted. Probably just the lighting on your previous pic. The gauntlet does look clunky and the darts are very much oversized (same with Sideshow). We’ll just have to see if futzing, hand replacement or other adjustments work. Us accuracy freaks may just change it out.
1fa5c4ff39070ffbd45027413815ebb3.png
f388b8b4f1f7eae11eede21a444911ae.png
d9e17b55d09aaf89e441d939538cbe13.jpg

in comparison, here are the two sideshow V2 esb images (POSTED BELOW) I posted earlier that didn't show up for some reason... shows the better red light switch on the inside gauntlet, better shaped darts, also shows the two dental files at the side-back end of the gauntlet and overall tighter more accurate gauntlet fit..

This is only one gauntlet we are talking a bout, my initial impression of the left rocket gauntlet is that it's way out of shape as well. Rocket looks weirdly / goofily shaped. Could've been the photo, would like to see more photos of that rocket gauntlet for comparison.

Could be an easy gauntlet swap if worse comes to worse

1544d1fea9be00313493830ed0b2e2c0.jpg
d8a7f1ee290f829bf226fbe040a32d3d.jpg
d04565cdd5320feac74b8d4f52271ab3.jpg

43efd3e351d8d01664d9b0d6eb67a642.jpg

Some pics of the Version 2 Sideshow.
First is comparing the Ver 2 (left) Ver 1 (right).

Congrats!! Curious as to your first impressions. Since you already own HT ROTJ was it more of the same unboxing with a “meh” feel? Or did it blow you away? Does it feel more like a 1/6 actions figure or a miniaturized movie accurate Boba Fett?

Was really excited when i opened it up but i have to say i rarely am blown away by a figure out of the box. I'm in the camp of collectors spending a couple hours working on a figure before even taking a good look at it.
So, to answer your question, no "meh" or "wow" feeling for me upon discovering the figure but a real satisfaction having this mini Fett standing on my desk as i type this message. Nitpicking aside, its truly a wonderful creation ;)

Ridiculous the difference between SS v1 and SS v2.

Yeah. Quite a bit.

I wish I took more pics when I had both. The bodies are definitely different as well.
Most notable is the colouring of course.

I feel no one has posted a comparison video. I tried searching.

Was really excited when i opened it up but i have to say i rarely am blown away by a figure out of the box. I'm in the camp of collectors spending a couple hours working on a figure before even taking a good look at it.
So, to answer your question, no "meh" or "wow" feeling for me upon discovering the figure but a real satisfaction having this mini Fett standing on my desk as i type this message. Nitpicking aside, its truly a wonderful creation ;)

Thanks for the feedback!!! Looking forward to adding this to my collection.

I must be in the minority that never had a issue with SSv1. In fact I went to trade it for HT ROTJ but when I saw ROTJ Fett inhand and compared it with the SS, I preferred my SS colour scheme and decided to keep it. Looking forward to owning HT ESB Fett though......

IMG1976.jpg
IMG1977.jpg
IMG1980.jpg
IMG1981.jpg
IMG1983.jpg

I must be in the minority that never had a issue with SSv1. In fact I went to trade it for HT ROTJ but when I saw ROTJ Fett inhand and compared it with the SS, I preferred my SS colour scheme and decided to keep it. Looking forward to owning HT ESB Fett though......

View attachment 417915
View attachment 417916
View attachment 417917
View attachment 417918
View attachment 417919

Yeah I had no problems with it really. And when you add in all you get with the figure. The base is amazing.

I just saw a chance to sell my Ver 1 and took it. I like the Ver 2 better tho. The better chest armour and colouring. But I woulda been happy with the 1.

e8f392a1a7208461ba5544122c003035.jpg

676c1efc5c77aef5e67903a9ee27252c.jpg

I also really loved my Sideshow V1 Fett. I thought overall it was a great figure. My only 2 criticisms were the short forearms and the shape of the chest armor which I thought were wonky. But I held on to him after HT released their ROTJ version, even though HT’s forearms were the right length and the chest armor was much better rendered, and also after Sideshow’s V2. I finally gave up on him once HT revealed this version. I might have maybe held on to him if HT had only made the regular ESB figure. But the fact that they made the original armor design along with it, that’s just something I couldn’t resist! That made my decision to sell my Sideshow version very easy.

Great photos TonTon. Maybe I am having a case of the Mondays, but I don't get why people keep posting their fugly Sideshow figures in this beautiful Hot Toy Fett's thread. We get it, you all are happy having inferior, outdated lime green Fetts. Please let those of us who enjoy the new figure do so without having to scroll past your misshapen, ugly relics :lol:lol

Back