1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think that using the hands from the Sideshow ESB Fett would help ? They are a little larger I believe than the HT as well as having more detail.

Do you think that using the hands from the Sideshow ESB Fett would help ? They are a little larger I believe than the HT as well as having more detail.

I think the Sideshow trigger hand is a bit bulbous, but it’s worth a try. My money is on the marmit hands (very accurate) and medicom’s are also worth a try. Both of those need to be modified to fit, of course. This is probably better discussed over in your HT Fett modification thread. I’m sure we’ll be sharing quite a bit. Ive a lot planned, but am waiting to do the mods in person so I can post what works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another little detail I noticed on the right gauntlet that appears incorrect on the Hot Toys figure is the four indented squares on the inner side of the gauntlet. The right ESB gauntlet should be completely smooth on the bottom, only the left gauntlet should have this detail.

I'm guessing this is simply the result of Hot Toys reusing the ROTJ gauntlet mold (which has correctly these details).

More and more I'm thinking I may swap the gauntlets with the SS ones.

You guys seen this? [emoji51]
dd0bc4d4bb5d9db546f98f641903118c.jpg

It's the most camp looking Star Wars figure I've seen.

Would look better without the skirt and "permanently attached poncho".

Those gloves look pretty great, might try and get those loose to upgrade my ROTJ Fett.

Yes, and that’s not the only thing that looks great... I know it’s a proto, but gauntlets are the right size and weathering is pretty fantastic. Helmet looks good too. Already have ordered the deluxe ESB Fett and a bash with the best of the deluxe parts and this would probably make a stellar figure....

Specs say:

Implying that you couldn't make a screen accurate ROTJ Fett from this?

Well they have creative freedom here. The weathering is "Mythos" so doesnt necessarily have to be ROTJ accurate. It would be smart not to have it be the same to separate the figure from the pack.

I'm assuming they are going for a post-escaping the Sarlacc vibe.

Hmm still undecided on this one. That picture doesn't look too bad. I'm liking the kama, but not sure how I feel about the chest one. Seems bigger than the statue had it.

Well they have creative freedom here. The weathering is "Mythos" so doesnt necessarily have to be ROTJ accurate.

I think hes supposed to be pre-esb fett. At least thats the idea i got between the pistol and clone rifle on the statue.

Well they have creative freedom here. The weathering is "Mythos" so doesnt necessarily have to be ROTJ accurate. It would be smart not to have it be the same to separate the figure from the pack.

I meant you couldn't take the dress off and make a ROTJ Fett.

Not that I need one as I have the HT ROTJ. Just that it is largely a Sideshow invention, like you said. Like their Marvel and DC figures.

I meant you couldn't take the dress off and make a ROTJ Fett.

Not that I need one as I have the HT ROTJ. Just that it is largely a Sideshow invention, like you said. Like their Marvel and DC figures.

Yeah I mean it's based off the ROTJ save for the helmet which is Pre Pro 1. I assume they did the Pre Pro 1 helmet since it has the ESB flare, so does that same SS Boba Fett helmet mould.

So do you guys think the Cartoon Boba Fett figure helmet is this new ESB mould or is it the ROTJ?

Fett landed today along a couple other figures. Here he is after a couple hours working on the outfit.

P1040550.JPG

P1040556.JPG

P1040562.JPG

A comparison with ROTJ Fett

P1040563.JPG

And finally side by side helmet shots. lens distortion doesn't help here but i can assure you HT vastly modded the mold used for ROTJ.

P1040566.JPGP1040567.JPGP1040568.JPGP1040569.JPG

Those black areas you mentioned look painted. Probably just the lighting on your previous pic. The gauntlet does look clunky and the darts are very much oversized (same with Sideshow). We’ll just have to see if futzing, hand replacement or other adjustments work. Us accuracy freaks may just change it out.
1fa5c4ff39070ffbd45027413815ebb3.png
f388b8b4f1f7eae11eede21a444911ae.png
d9e17b55d09aaf89e441d939538cbe13.jpg

Well, if I may be allowed to get really nitpicky here, the HT gauntlet has several features that aren't screen accurate. I borrowed your screen-print, McHaleyArt, and placed the best match I could find from movie Fett's gauntlet next to the HT gauntlet. The differences are pretty evident.

BobaGauntletCompare01.jpg

And then I did another side-by-side to point out some of the differences more clearly. 1.) The red arrows show how the movie version has a much more sloped panel on the side. 2.) The blue arrows show the longer switches/buttons on that side panel. 3.) The yellow arrows point to a missing feature on the HT gauntlet. And 4.) the lime-green arrows point to the difference in the size of the darts. There's also the thickness of the hose, the girth of the gauntlet itself, and other issues.

BobaGauntletCompare02a.jpg

All stuff that most won't care about, but I thought I'd mention/show it for those who do care.

Fett landed today along a couple other figures. Here he is after a couple hours working on the outfit.

View attachment 417886

View attachment 417887

View attachment 417888

A comparison with ROTJ Fett

View attachment 417889

And finally side by side helmet shots. lens distortion doesn't help here but i can assure you HT vastly modded the mold used for ROTJ.

View attachment 417892View attachment 417893View attachment 417894View attachment 417895

Congrats!! Curious as to your first impressions. Since you already own HT ROTJ was it more of the same unboxing with a “meh” feel? Or did it blow you away? Does it feel more like a 1/6 actions figure or a miniaturized movie accurate Boba Fett?

Back