1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics, Ton Ton, but did you jack up the saturation? -- I've never noticed the yellow scraps on the armor or the blue on the shoes so clearly.

Didn't notice that when editing them, but see what you're talking about. I was trying to brighten them as several came out too dark -- and added "brilliance" as well as brightness, that's probably what brought out those yellows so much. These two are just natural light and nothing else.

DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0010.jpg

Great photos TonTon. Maybe I am having a case of the Mondays, but I don't get why people keep posting their fugly Sideshow figures in this beautiful Hot Toy Fett's thread. We get it, you all are happy having inferior, outdated lime green Fetts. Please let those of us who enjoy the new figure do so without having to scroll past your misshapen, ugly relics :lol:lol

Damn Bastards!! Shame on you all......:nono

This is usually how I display my figures, in pairs in the detolf, so just figured I'd do some different random combinations to show the contrast of the figure.

DSC_0034.jpg
DSC_0048.jpg
DSC_0051.jpg
DSC_0066.jpg
DSC_0071.jpg
DSC_0077.jpg
DSC_0073.jpg

Well I ordered him from Timcents last Thursday with the EBay coupon code and I was surprised it was already at my door step today...

I have the ROTJ and this one has me excited about Boba Fett again. The improvement to the helmet makes or breaks the figure IMO. Here's a quick pic with my IPad.

image.jpg

Stop posting that Silent Surfer Han, all it does is piss me off....:lol

Jokes, but congrats it is great. Cool pics too, I should have Boba in a couple days.

Stop posting that Silent Surfer Han, all it does is piss me off....:lol

Jokes, but congrats it is great. Cool pics too, I should have Boba in a couple days.
:lol Sorry, I'll delete. I'm tempted to get the carbonite Han now.

Don't have the ROTJ to directly compare the helmet shape but you can see the difference is pretty clear -- same camera, shelf.

DSC_1180.jpg
DSC_0699.jpg

This is usually how I display my figures, in pairs in the detolf, so just figured I'd do some different random combinations to show the contrast of the figure.

View attachment 417952
Mm mm mm....those 3/4 side shots are beautiful! I am curious about something; how do people get the Stormtrooper helmets to sit so low? I even removed the foam ring/pulled up the armor on mine and it just sits higher than most others.

Great shots, TonTon. I finally put in my pre-order yesterday with my preferred dealer. Will probably be a few months before I get him, but at least I'll already have a comprehensive list of things to customize by then. :lol

Great pics, Tonton.:clap

The helmet color looks better there too.

Just curious if anybody displays their Jedi Fett in the 'trying to blast Luke' look..
View attachment 417949

Yeah, posted this last week in the Luke Jedi thread. I have my Jedi Fett displayed pointed at Luke in my palace set-up, even if he technically uses his rifle there.

8rAY0Ug.jpg

Push the head forward and down.
The way you answered that makes me look like a moron lol. As soon as I get off of work and home I'm going to test that theory..and then work on learning how to wipe my own ass😀
Yeah, posted this last week in the Luke Jedi thread. I have my Jedi Fett displayed pointed at Luke in my palace set-up, even if he technically uses his rifle there.
8rAY0Ug.jpg
🤣 Boba 'Limp Wristed' Fett. He looks like he wants Luke to bow and kiss his hand. I've seen your customs before - your Ree-Yees & Weequay are the ******* ! It's a shame that SS didn't pump out more Scum & Villainy figures back when they were like $80 a piece.

The way you answered that makes me look like a moron lol. As soon as I get off of work and home I'm going to test that theory..and then work on learning how to wipe my own ass��

�� Boba 'Limp Wristed' Fett. He looks like he wants Luke to bow and kiss his hand. I've seen your customs before - your Ree-Yees & Weequay are the ******* ! It's a shame that SS didn't pump out more Scum & Villainy figures back when they were like $80 a piece.

Haha forgot that's still there - yeah that's his "rifle holding hand" (for the fatter ROTJ barrel) just spun around.:slap:lol Swapping hands is a pain.

It's fun doing some creature wrangling from time to time. I really need to get all the customs out for some pics - I have a couple of dozen.

But yeah, I'll never understand why SSC didn't do so many of the creatures, even major characters like Ackbar. And back when they were $80 would have been the time. I'd never afford a long list of Greedo, ReeYees, Weequay etc etc at $250 apiece, especially when SSC usually gets so many of the little details or overall look wrong (the reason I built a Zuckuss rather than buying the SSC one, and had to build a new body for my too-tall TIE pilot and why I sold my SSC Biker) or has QC issues.

Great pics, Tonton.:clap

The helmet color looks better there too.

8rAY0Ug.jpg

I didn’t alter the photos but it’s impossible to get a proper white balance in my detolf. There’s the yellowish top lights, the bright greenish white Jazz lights in the back and then on top of it I’ll maybe add some front lighting (I try to match the detolf lights for those) if there’s not enough light or too much shadow.

All that said the end result is a bluish tint which works great for Boba but isn’t probably as true to life as the unaltered outdoor shots. The deluxe helmet is indeed a more proper shade.

But yeah, I'll never understand why SSC didn't do so many of the creatures, even major characters like Ackbar. And back when they were $80 would have been the time. I'd never afford a long list of Greedo, ReeYees, Weequay etc etc at $250 apiece, especially when SSC usually gets so many of the little details or overall look wrong (the reason I built a Zuckuss rather than buying the SSC one, and had to build a new body for my too-tall TIE pilot and why I sold my SSC Biker) or has QC issues.
Absolutely! Ackbar or Nien Nunb would have been obvious choices. And I'd love to go back and buy that old SS Greedo - but it's ridiculously expensive, same with Momaw Nadon. But what we really need are some Ewoks. Sideshow what would be the obvious choice for these guys. Two 2-packs would be perfect. Wicket/Logray and Teebo/Chief Chirpa....but that's just a pipe dream. But I'm quite sure we'll be getting the Max Rebo Band (as SS's hinted several times over the past 8 years lol). Christ..that set's gonna cost more than the upcoming Jabba.

Back