1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meanwhile, in the Carbon Freezing Chamber on Bespin...

Arrival...
HT-ESB-BOBA FETT-028.jpg

Deflection...
HT-ESB-BOBA FETT-029.jpg

Command...
HT-ESB-BOBA FETT-030.jpg

This is really fun when you've got such cool, well-done figures to play with...

That last series of shots with Vader and Fett is great, love the lighting! It's a great pairing. When I got ESB Fett I wasn't sure if I'd keep it or not, as I'm not a huge fan of the character but scored a good price with reward points and was curious. It's now one of my favourite figures. It exudes the texture of OT costume and production design in spades and it's really fun to pose.

Having my ESB Fett displayed with Bespin Luke just makes me want Vader now... trying to make myself wait until ROTJ Vader to see what I prefer..

Before the events of The Empire Strikes Back, Fett could be found in the back alleys of Mos Eisley meeting with informants about the latest high-priced bounties...

View attachment 442923
Just havin' a little fun here. :)
Is that Garindan a custom or is it the Hasbro? That's one of those characters who barely has screen time that I've always loved the look of. Hammerhead too for that matter.

It's the Hasbro! Hard to believe, but there are a handful of Hasbro figures that still look pretty good...Garindan is definitely one of them.

HT-ESB-BOBA FETT-031.jpg

Last edited:
It's the Hasbro! Hard to believe, but there are a handful of Hasbro figures that still look pretty good...Garindan is definitely one of them.

View attachment 443060
Definitely not bad looking. Some of the Hasbro releases are really pretty decent considering they're just cheaper retail figures. It helps that a character like Garindan is fairly basic I suppose but still its nice enough looking. Might grab him eventually.

What cameras do you guys use? I guess I should either upgrade my phone or get a cheap/decent camera lol. The iPhone 5 is no longer cutting it!

Thanks to you both. I really enjoy the figures - playing with light, finding ways to catch the detail. It's fun. I'm glad folks enjoy the shots...I sure enjoy taking them.

I switch between my Nikon D3500 (yeah, it's old but good) and my phone (Galaxy S8). Looking at the new Pixel 3...hear it's camera is pretty good and I'm seeing some good deals on the phone right now, we'll see. Certainly can't let a phone get in the way of more fun figures :)

Thanks to you both. I really enjoy the figures - playing with light, finding ways to catch the detail. It's fun. I'm glad folks enjoy the shots...I sure enjoy taking them.

I switch between my Nikon D3500 (yeah, it's old but good) and my phone (Galaxy S8). Looking at the new Pixel 3...hear it's camera is pretty good and I'm seeing some good deals on the phone right now, we'll see. Certainly can't let a phone get in the way of more fun figures :)

I still use a Canon 5D Mark II (when I have time, precious little these days). Only L-series lenses for me but I haven't actually shot any 1/6 with it as the opportunities haven't been there and my preferred lenses aren't ideal for that.

Phone-wise I tried a Pixel 3; great camera, but some of my key apps worked oddly on Android so I went back to iPhone with the XR. Portrait mode is really cool. The Huawei camera is INSANE (developed in partnership with Leica) but you've all probably heard about the privacy debacle at this point.

I received my ESB Deluxe Boba Fett Today and after reading this thread I was expecting a bit of overlap in the chest armor. But when I took it out I immediately noticed that the chest armor on the one I received is totally off center on the vest. You can see in the photos that it’s almost touching the arm hole on one side and a good space away from the other arm hole. I see people talking about the chest armor being off center as screen accurate but that seems in relation to the spacing of the chest plate to the other pieces, this seems totally off center on the vest. Is this typical or should I be asking for an exchange?

image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg

That's a little more extreme than what I got but...I kept mine. Judging on the photos I've seen in this thread, it's hit-n-miss with the chest plates. You could seek an exchange, but you could end up with something even more off the mark than what you got. Your call....good luck.

I'm still digging mine, crooked plates and all....he's out hunting some cold bounty today...

HT-ESB-BOBA FETT-037.jpg

COLD HUNTER.jpg

Thanks, I don’t mind the crookedness, but mine is so far off the center of the vest, I think I’m going to try an exchange. It’s just too obvious when I look at it!

Thanks again!

Thanks, I don’t mind the crookedness, but mine is so far off the center of the vest, I think I’m going to try an exchange. It’s just too obvious when I look at it!

Thanks again!

man I guess I lucked out with my chest armor.
However, my gun strap was pinched together in the most bizarre way

Attachments

• IMG_7553.jpg
    IMG_7553.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 565
Back