1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the plunge with reward points and free shipping at sideshow. Have a few questions for the community. I want to display the proto and the esb hot toys I have a version 1 sideshow ex. Can anyone give me the best mods for an amateur (no repaints) for the setup I want? I'll list what I know and if you can add I'd appreciate it. With the extra fett from sideshow I feel I can venture a little more dangerous into the mudding process

Cut the plastic armor chest plates for better placement sideshow
Swap rangefinder ssv1 to hot toys
Swap jetpack ssv1 to hot toys
Swap gauntlets ssv1 to hot toys
Swap gloves ssv1 to hot toys
Dye suit on ssv1 to china blue (few minutes soaked) for my proto armor set up.

Wookie braid mods? Maybe dirty the sideshow ones up?
Tatter the cape? Sideshow-hot toys?

90c018ece821002daf508b42f74abd2b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Took the plunge with reward points and free shipping at sideshow. Have a few questions for the community. I want to display the proto and the esb hot toys I have a version 1 sideshow ex. Can anyone give me the best mods for an amateur (no repaints) for the setup I want? I'll list what I know and if you can add I'd appreciate it. With the extra fett from sideshow I feel I can venture a little more dangerous into the mudding process

Cut the plastic armor chest plates for better placement sideshow
Swap rangefinder ssv1 to hot toys
Swap jetpack ssv1 to hot toys
Swap gauntlets ssv1 to hot toys
Swap gloves ssv1 to hot toys
Dye suit on ssv1 to china blue (few minutes soaked) for my proto armor set up.

Wookie braid mods? Maybe dirty the sideshow ones up?
Tatter the cape? Sideshow-hot toys?

90c018ece821002daf508b42f74abd2b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OMG... I knew about switching the backpack (I got v2's) and the gauntlets (anybody has a set of v2?) but... the range finder too? Has anybody actually tried this? Any pics? Is it a difficult mod?
And what about the gloves? I always thought those SSC hands were cool because of the weathering on them, but way too huge and I always discarded them. Aren't they too big??

Thanks,
m.

I bought the deluxe version I'll have him this week.im so exited I haven't bought a hot toys figure in so long and with the free shipping I couldn't say no. :)

Bought the deluxe version on flex pay. I already have the ROTJ version and think it's great, but the consensus from reading this post seems to be this version has some nice upgrades. Better body, better helmet sculpt.

To those that have both do you feel it was worth getting the ESB version?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bought the deluxe version on flex pay. I already have the ROTJ version and think it's great, but the consensus from reading this post seems to be this version has some nice upgrades. Better body, better helmet sculpt.

To those that have both do you feel it was worth getting the ESB version?

Thanks

This is the better, though I can't tell if the body is any different. Helmet is better, color of the armor and helmet is better to me (ROTJ seems a little too olive), and I think the design of the outfit hides some of the problems a little better than the the ROTJ version, namely the thick thighs in the crotch area -- the pouches on the ESB version hang over that spot. That said, the ROTJ version is still a really nice figure.

Great set-up, matrix!

I'm surprised this one is still easily available on the retail market...it is a cool looking figure.

HT-ESB-BOBA FETT-040.jpg

Back